QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

About 8 senior games. That’s y it’s ridiculous. From a junior club that has no seniors.

And the 2nd part of your question is much more valid imo 😉😅
There are plenty of anomalies with the points system. However I reckon that Premier is spot on imo.

The junior club in question needs to have some sort of agreement with the senior club otherwise if he’s not VFL listed then for me it looks like 2 points for age, plus the 2 for playing against his previous team in same comp.

Always going to get hard cases with the distance the QAFL comp covers being from Noosa to Palmy will throw these cases out. But you have to have a system in place otherwise everyone will argue their own position is unique.

Personally I think if you’ve moved out of your Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sunny Coast hub that the 2 points for playing against your previous club is too high.

For a local kid to be 6 points is ridiculous and pushes them out of our competition. Surely we can come up with another system for local kids that wants to leave a club for a valid reason or been at Uni in Brisbane like someone quoted.

Just seems crazy we forcing kids down south due to not being able to leave a club.

How does it push anyone out of a competition?

All it does is prevent them all going to one mob who are creative with the cap...

He is in the competition, his team he plays at has no points issues - what is the problem here?

I'd be more concerned with how Aspley can pinch Mcdonald and Leahy from Mt Gravatt, Templeton from Noosa and Coombes from Sherwood and still miraculously fit under the cap. Surely thats more concerning than Gallop pushing the Roos from 39 to 43 points?

Personally I think if you’ve moved out of your Gold Coast, Brisbane or Sunny Coast hub that the 2 points for playing against your previous club is too high.

If you relocate, then the penalty doesn't apply.

From what I understand with this case, is the kid has never moved house. So there would be no grounds for a reduction in points.

So if a colt (19yo) leaves a brisbane club as a 1 pointer, and relocates (moves house) and signs with a sunshine coast club, how many points would he (or should he) be allocated? How many in his second year?

if he genuinely relocates for work/study, he would be a 2 pointer at the new club and there would be no penalty.

he would remain a 2 pointer in the 2nd year, before becoming a 1 pointer in his 3rd year.

(unless he has played 5 senior games, then he is a 4 pointer)

if he genuinely relocates for work/study, he would be a 2 pointer at the new club and there would be no penalty.

he would remain a 2 pointer in the 2nd year, before becoming a 1 pointer in his 3rd year.

(unless he has played 5 senior games, then he is a 4 pointer)

Obviously then, there ARE rules for some and not for others..

For a local kid to be 6 points is ridiculous and pushes them out of our competition. Surely we can come up with another system for local kids that wants to leave a club for a valid reason or been at Uni in Brisbane like someone quoted.

Just seems crazy we forcing kids down south due to not being able to leave a club.
Was spun a line by Grange as were a few SC boys at the time for no real logic at all.

Sadly what got in the way was this ridiculous animosity bn maroochy and a few local clubs. Generally passed on from juniors but stoked by adults that spin the same lines about “hating the green slime”. This is all fine to a point but it gets in the way of commonsense decisions for the betterment of player development. Even Noosa had boys that went to Brisbane to play in 2020 rather than play qafl at maroochy.
Marooochy deserve some of this angst bc they don’t do enough to support a lot of the minnow clubs imo and could do a heap more rather than just trying to put out sides to win junior premiership’s but the consequence of a kid like Gallup heading to bris as a 16yr old shouldn’t have the ramifications it has from a points view I think

How does it push anyone out of a competition?

All it does is prevent them all going to one mob who are creative with the cap...

He is in the competition, his team he plays at has no points issues - what is the problem here?

I'd be more concerned with how Aspley can pinch Mcdonald and Leahy from Mt Gravatt, Templeton from Noosa and Coombes from Sherwood and still miraculously fit under the cap. Surely thats more concerning than Gallop pushing the Roos from 39 to 43 points?
The Aspley points are impossible to work out. How is Cody Stackelberg only one point. He’s a Sandgate junior

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys ,
do you think the qafl heirachy dont do their homework on all of this stuff about points ,, of cause they do .
Actually, they've got 2 wrong this year. Both at the same club coincidentally, and resulted in a team being over the cap in Round 1.

Quietly corrected now, but geez it's not that hard to get right

Given the absence of all local club games this weekend, here is something different:

Most Number of Club Clashes 1904 – 2024

Let’s have a look at the clubs that have met the most number of times throughout the QAFL history.

Inevitably, in a particularly tumultuous scene over the past three decades, name changes, mergers, extinctions, re-births, etc are all obstructing factors. So, as a caveat, if any clubs have evolved into a shared history, “geography” has become the deciding factor in these game numbers. Please feel free to agree or disagree with any of the following Inclusion and Exclusion applications:

INCLUDE
Coorparoo-Western Districts AS Coorparoo
Coorparoo Yeronga AS Coorparoo
North Brisbane AS Windsor Zillmere
Kedron Grange AS Kedron
Taringa AS Western Districts
Windsor 2 AS Windsor
West Brisbane AS Western Districts

EXCLUDE

Ascot FROM Mayne
Coorparoo–Western Districts FROM Western Districts
Kedron Grange FROM Wilston Grange
North Brisbane FROM Sandgate
Windsor FROM Windsor Zillmere

Here is the list. It includes 25 contests, each involving at least 100 games:

186: Mayne V Western Districts [Includes West Brisbane (22) & Taringa (21)]
176: Kedron V Western Districts [Includes Kedron Grange (2), Taringa (17), & Kedron Grange V West Brisbane (19)]
173: Mayne V Kedron [Includes Kedron Grange (22)]
150: Mayne V Coorparoo [Includes Coorparoo Western Districts (1) & Coorparoo Yeronga (5)]
150: Mayne V Morningside
142: Coorparoo V Western Districts [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5), West Brisbane (9) & Taringa (4)]
139: Coorparoo V Kedron [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5) & Kedron Grange (12)]
133: Mayne V Sandgate
131: Kedron V Morningside [Includes Kedron Grange (25)]
131: Morningside V Western Districts [Includes West Brisbane (23)]
128: Sandgate V Wilston Grange
125: Morningside V Sandgate
124: Coorparoo V Sandgate [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5)]
124: Morningside V Wilston Grange
123: Mayne V Windsor [Includes Windsor 2 (2)]
123: Kedron V Sandgate [Includes Kedron Grange (2)]
122: Coorparoo V Morningside [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5)]
122: Sandgate V Western Districts [Includes Taringa (2)]
121: Mayne V Wilston Grange
113: Western Districts V Wilston Grange
112: Coorparoo V Wilston Grange [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5)]
112: Kedron V Wilston Grange
103: Windsor V Western Districts [Includes Taringa (39)]
101: Morningside V Windsor Zillmere [Includes North Brisbane (18)]
100: Morningside V Southport

A few notes:
  • It took me by surprise that based on this interpretation, Mayne V Western Districts is the most prominent combination of all.
  • The only clash in this list that is currently “alive” is Morningside V Wilston Grange (equal 13th place).
  • Morningside and Southport have played 100 games against each other. Remarkably, this is from a total of 667 QAFL games played by Southport. Their next most frequent opponent was Mt Gravatt (59), followed by Mayne (52).
  • All of the details above are based on QAFL games only. The fourth highest tally, Coorparoo and Mayne, is arguably ongoing in QFA Division 1. I will try to determine how many “lower grade” contests the two clubs have had.
All feedback, constructive or critical, positive or negative, is welcome. Do you agree or disagree with any aspect?

Given the absence of all local club games this weekend, here is something different:

Let’s have a look at the clubs that have met the most number of times throughout the QAFL history.

Inevitably, in a particularly tumultuous scene over the past three decades, name changes, mergers, extinctions, re-births, etc are all obstructing factors. So, as a caveat, if any clubs have evolved into a shared history, “geography” has become the deciding factor in these game numbers. Please feel free to agree or disagree with any of the following Inclusion and Exclusion applications:

INCLUDE
Kedron Grange AS Kedron
Windsor 2 AS Windsor

EXCLUDE

Ascot FROM Mayne

176: Kedron V Western Districts [Includes Kedron Grange (2), Taringa (17), & Kedron Grange V West Brisbane (19)]
150: Mayne V Coorparoo [Includes Coorparoo Western Districts (1) & Coorparoo Yeronga (5)]
142: Coorparoo V Western Districts [Includes Coorparoo Yeronga (5), West Brisbane (9) & Taringa (4)]

A few notes:
  • It took me by surprise that based on this interpretation, Mayne V Western Districts is the most prominent combination of all.
  • The only clash in this list that is currently “alive” is Morningside V Wilston Grange (equal 13th place).
  • Morningside and Southport have played 100 games against each other. Remarkably, this is from a total of 667 QAFL games played by Southport. Their next most frequent opponent was Mt Gravatt (59), followed by Mayne (52).
  • All of the details above are based on QAFL games only. The fourth highest tally, Coorparoo and Mayne, is arguably ongoing in QFA Division 1. I will try to determine how many “lower grade” contests the two clubs have had.
All feedback, constructive or critical, positive or negative, is welcome. Do you agree or disagree with any aspect?
Great stats. You really should include Windsor in Windsor Zillmeres stats great function last Saturday to honour Eagles greatest 1718940809098.jpeg

INCLUDE
Kedron Grange AS Kedron
Windsor 2 AS Windsor

EXCLUDE

Ascot FROM Mayne

A few notes:
Wondering if you have stats on rep games?

Great stats. You really should include Windsor in Windsor Zillmeres stats great function last Saturday to honour Eagles greatest
Thanks, thunderdoc - its definitely a valid and relevant point, and one I did consider.
However, my thoughts, based on the allusion of "geography" being the deciding factor in shared history, meant that Zillmere was considered pre-eminent over Windsor. Windsor had the history and reputation - but Zillmere had the location and facility.
It is the same reason I allocated North Brisbane history to Windsor Zillmere, but not Sandgate. Not to say that either way is the right or wrong approach, only that this is how my interpretation was applied.
Just an observation: I also note that in the image (which looks brilliant as a framed print), Zillmere did not include any player from before 1962.
:thumbsu:

Wondering if you have stats on rep games?
G'day 2010premier
No - personally, I have not given any focus to State rep games.
I reckon Greg Parker has done a tremendous job on that already in "More Of The Kangaroo". Pages 963-986 cover all the results (& more).
What could be added to that info: I reckon a list of each player in each game would be a good addition. Also, perhaps the best players and the goalkickers would be good too.
The fact we don't have this already is possibly a reflection on the lamentable state of reporting and record-keeping in the past. It would certainly be a good project to undertake. Unfortunately, I reckon we would find stacks of gaps.
:thumbsu:

Wowee.

Very comfortable win by Tasmania. 40 odd points in the end. I only was able to watch the last 15 mins or so but the sting had gone out of the game by then. Anyone who either went or watched most of the game live. What’re your opinions of the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

QAFL 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back