QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the initial issue was the fact Coorparoo got a second Friday night team. And let’s be honest, there was no need for them to have a second team. They are already a Saturday playing team.

But I can’t see AFLQ stopping them from having a second team after only one year. But the only team that benefits from having two Friday night teams is the club that has them.

However the 3 clubs that I am currently aware of wanting a second team. Their Friday night team is their ‘senior team’. I’d assume Eagles and Moorooka are wanting to eventually go back Saturdays. And at some point Pac Pines as well. This is the first step.

But you’d be wanting at least 30 blokes before Christmas or just after to prove you have the numbers for a second side.
How many guys commit to Friday nights before Xmas?

Well the initial issue was the fact Coorparoo got a second Friday night team. And let’s be honest, there was no need for them to have a second team. They are already a Saturday playing team.

But I can’t see AFLQ stopping them from having a second team after only one year. But the only team that benefits from having two Friday night teams is the club that has them.

However the 3 clubs that I am currently aware of wanting a second team. Their Friday night team is their ‘senior team’. I’d assume Eagles and Moorooka are wanting to eventually go back Saturdays. And at some point Pac Pines as well. This is the first step.

But you’d be wanting at least 30 blokes before Christmas or just after to prove you have the numbers for a second side.
You need 44 every week.
You lose around 5 for the season in most years.
At least 5 are unavailable every week for various reasons.
Count on 4 to 5 injurys ranging from 1 to 4 weeks at any given time.
That's about 60 to start with then you need back up players.
Most Saturday clubs have 70 plus players and you will need everyone of them.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

To add my perspective, I think Friday night Footy presents even more challenges when it comes to fielding two sides. The logistics of playing in 2 different locations (double the volunteers), combined with the fact that players can’t double up if we're short on numbers, make it tough. Plus, I’ve noticed that more guys are unavailable on Fridays for a variety of reasons. This year alone, we used 46 players, and in one game against Brisbane Valley (a long drive from the Gold Coast) we had to play with 17 and no bench. We're looking like we will have well over the numbers for 2 sides next season, so keen to see how the comps are structured.

Friday night should be for stand-alone teams
Saturday should be for Senior and Reserve teams.

To add my perspective, I think Friday night Footy presents even more challenges when it comes to fielding two sides. The logistics of playing in 2 different locations (double the volunteers), combined with the fact that players can’t double up if we're short on numbers, make it tough. Plus, I’ve noticed that more guys are unavailable on Fridays for a variety of reasons. This year alone, we used 46 players, and in one game against Brisbane Valley (a long drive from the Gold Coast) we had to play with 17 and no bench. We're looking like we will have well over the numbers for 2 sides next season, so keen to see how the comps are structured.

Friday night should be for stand-alone teams
Saturday should be for Senior and Reserve teams.
If it was for stand alone then there would only be 2 teams in our comp.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies I mean as Stand alone as in 3rd side or those with 1 side

For those who can put 2 sides into Friday night they should go to Div 2 Nth or Sth

Unless they bring back the Div 3 Saturday Comp (senior and Reserves)
Ipswich And moorooka are div 2 north clubs trying to get back there. If they get there 2 teams up and running they would only stay in Fridays for one more season you’d think.

Remove this Banner Ad

QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back