World Cup Quarter Finals: Game Two - Brazil vs Colombia (5th July 6:00AM AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

349.png
vs
473.png

IZb2V8C.png

y8UwkWa.png

Game two of the quarter finals sees another tantalising match up between two South American countries. One could say that it might just be the Neymar/Rodriguez show.

James-Rodriguez.jpeg

neymar-brazil-wallpaper-confederations-cup-2013.jpg

Brazil had a hard fought game against the Chileans and were quite lucky in the end to come away with the victory.

The Colombians continue to roll on in the competition and booked their first ever World Cup quarter finals spot mostly due to the highly skillful Rodriguez.

As well all know, Brazil dominate all other South American teams, including Colombia. However, with the hard game against the Chileans, they will need to be at their best if they are to roll an in-form Colombian side and book a spot in the semis.

It's a hard one to pick. However, with the home ground advantage, you would have to say that Brazil should win this one. I wouldn't be surprised if the Colombians spoil the party though.

Final prediction - Brazil 3-1 Colombia

Last edited:
Brazil for me. On form Colombia should win, but I think the home crowd factor will see these chumps go one more hurdle where I had them being eliminated all along by Germany, perhaps on spot kicks. Pre tournament I could see Brazil struggling winning a shootout in the 2nd round, in the qtrs a virtuoso performance from a striker netting a couple first half goals getting them the win then in the semis play their best game and lead Germany 2-0 before being pegged back and losing on spot kicks. Ahhh, Im rambling again:confused:

Brazil wins it for me.

Oh and if France get past Germany in the qtrs, Benzema will **** them up! Either way, semis are the furthest Brazil will reach!

Neymar's quad is battered after the Chileans launched into him early. Should pump him full of painkillers and hell be good to go youd imagine but gee Brazil without Neymar? Goodnite.

Neymar is certainly crucial but Rodriguez not the top scorer so far? Quality team goal for their second and they look very good. Still, if Brazil play to their full potential I'd expect them to win.

Colombia's quick transitions could destroy Brazil- Cuadrado vs Alves or Marcelo is a nightmare for Scolari.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colombia may cause the upset of the tournament here. Unlike Brazil, Colombia have gone through the gruelling qualifying process in South America and are more battle hardened.

Totally off topic, this is a great doco

Colombia may cause the upset of the tournament here. Unlike Brazil, Colombia have gone through the gruelling qualifying process in South America and are more battle hardened.

Totally off topic, this is a great doco

Pretty heartbreaking documentary not just for Andres Escobar's murder but for how drug cartels and their paramilitary groups can bring a country to its knees. Mexico today is even more violent than the Colombia of back then.

Very impressed with Colombia even without Falcao, my heart's with 'em but my head says Brazil in a 2-1, nervous/possibly lucky victory.

Have a soft spot for Colombia after spending a fair chunk of time there visiting my sister, when she was living in Cali as part of here PhD studies. It's off the regular gringo trail, and a fantastic country to visit. Just don't go to the wrong places.

The stigma attached to the country from the drug cartels is grossly unfair on the general population. Would be great to see them get up, and I hope they win the whole thing.

Pekerman is one hell of a manager, his Argentina side of 06 played some of the best football in that tournament and this Colombia side is imo playing even better, more entertaining, attacking football than that Argentine side. I think they're a great chance of beating Brazil who have looked anything but dominant.

I'm finding it funny that so many people think that Colombia winning this would be a boil over, I've obviously been watching the wrong World Cup then.

Of the QF teams Colombia has been the most impressive so far for mine. Brazil in comparison have been nothing more than solid. Yes they are through to the QF, but at no stage have they looked like a WC winning side, which Colombia have done.

Colombia have pace to expose Brazil who are questionable down back. Brazil will need to find a way to control this otherwise they will find themselves chasing their tails.Colombia was a seeded team for a good reason and people are now seeing that.

Colombia 2-0

Rodríguez is an unbelievable talent, and the best player of the tournament so far. But anyone saying he alone is the one that could take them to world cup glory has clearly only been watching the highlights. Colombia have played so cohesively as a team so far, more so than anyone else in my opinion. I would honestly be shocked if Brazil win, because they'd have to rise to a much higher standard than what they've shown so far to beat this Colombian outfit. Very exciting match up that's for sure!

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup Quarter Finals: Game Two - Brazil vs Colombia (5th July 6:00AM AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back