World Cup Quarter Finals: Game Two - Brazil vs Colombia (5th July 6:00AM AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thuram for France in 98 killed Croatia with two goals out of nowhere. His first a minute after suker put Croatia 1-0 up. Only two goals in his career. Zidane killed Brazil in the final with 2 headers. That's the only way I see Brazil winning this game or the World Cup. Virtuoso performance or penalty shoutout riding their luck because in all honestly this Brazilian team is the worst I've ever witnessed and if not for being at home would have been out in the 2nd round and thank **** for their sake in game 1 Croatia were denied with that bullshit penalty

I'm finding it funny that so many people think that Colombia winning this would be a boil over, I've obviously been watching the wrong World Cup then.

Of the QF teams Colombia has been the most impressive so far for mine. Brazil in comparison have been nothing more than solid. Yes they are through to the QF, but at no stage have they looked like a WC winning side, which Colombia have done.

Colombia have pace to expose Brazil who are questionable down back. Brazil will need to find a way to control this otherwise they will find themselves chasing their tails.Colombia was a seeded team for a good reason and people are now seeing that.

Colombia 2-0

You are right Slax. It's only because Brazil are playing at home and the fact that they dominate every other South American team, that it would be considered a boil over/upset. It wouldn't really be a boil if you were comparing the form between the two sides, because as you said, Colombia are just in better form than Brazil. However, form isn't really a great indicator when teams of a similar continent meet.

Even though I tipped Brazil, I would not be surprised if Colombia got up in this one.

You are right Slax. It's only because Brazil are playing at home and the fact that they dominate every other South American team, that it would be considered a boil over/upset. It wouldn't really be a boil if you were comparing the form between the two sides, because as you said, Colombia are just in better form than Brazil. However, form isn't really a great indicator when teams of a similar continent meet.

Even though I tipped Brazil, I would not be surprised if Colombia got up in this one.
Good call Yidaki. Precisely my thoughts.

Any clash of traditional rivals is always going to mean that a lot of the form book gets thrown out the window, but the form book held up alright in the round of 16 matches. The match I'd love to see eventuate is Belgium v Netherlands in the other half of the draw and that is seriously on the cards too.

Anyway still going to stick with Colombia

Thuram for France in 98 killed Croatia with two goals out of nowhere. His first a minute after suker put Croatia 1-0 up. Only two goals in his career. Zidane killed Brazil in the final with 2 headers. That's the only way I see Brazil winning this game or the World Cup. Virtuoso performance or penalty shoutout riding their luck because in all honestly this Brazilian team is the worst I've ever witnessed and if not for being at home would have been out in the 2nd round and thank **** for their sake in game 1 Croatia were denied with that bullshit penalty

My strongest football memory as a child. I cried and cried. Farken Thuram.

My heart says I want Colombia to win but my head is saying Brazil 3 - 2 after E.T.

Neymar v. Rodriguez up front is mouth watering enough before the game even begins

It will be an awesome game no doubt and thankfully, it is at a good time for us. Neymar vs Rodriguez will be awesome to watch.

BoCNnrNIQAIxR6U.jpg

The Brazil destroyer!

Will Neymar be at 100% though? I also think losing Luiz Gustavo is not to be under-rated, he has been vital to the Brazil structure.

I think a Brazil loss is coming. Colombia have been the best team in the tournament so far, and I am firmly in their boat here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to seeing Colombia play. Have not seen one of their games which is surprising considering i have watched majority of the tournament.
Thought I would just share that :D

I'm finding it funny that so many people think that Colombia winning this would be a boil over, I've obviously been watching the wrong World Cup then.

Of the QF teams Colombia has been the most impressive so far for mine. Brazil in comparison have been nothing more than solid. Yes they are through to the QF, but at no stage have they looked like a WC winning side, which Colombia have done.

Colombia have pace to expose Brazil who are questionable down back. Brazil will need to find a way to control this otherwise they will find themselves chasing their tails.Colombia was a seeded team for a good reason and people are now seeing that.

Colombia 2-0

Brazil being solid is a bit ironic, I don't think they're mentally solid, but I get your point (in terms of their performance). It would be good to see them play with nothing to lose, which would probably bring the best out of them. Unfortunately, they have everything to lose as their fans have such high expectations.

The way Phil Scholari was digging into the reporters at his conference reminded me so much of Marcelo lippi in 2006 where he had a rant then stormed out of his conference. Makes me almost want to change my tip for Brazil to win the lot like Italy did.

Will stick with Brazil to get knocked out in the semis to germany. Brazil to get past Colombia! Hulk or Fred to grab a double!

dont be so sure plugger. Different game mate. Brazil will probably come out a different side today and get the biccies.

Brazilians will be shitting themselves under the pressure.

J-Ro eats pressure for breakfast.

James-Rodriguez.jpeg

I'm staying up just to watch this guy, he's a once in a lifetime player.

Remove this Banner Ad

World Cup Quarter Finals: Game Two - Brazil vs Colombia (5th July 6:00AM AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back