Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Well a thread about a dud ruckman in Jolly is pushing 4, lets see how many that one gets :D

Hitouts 2006
1. Darren Jolly Sydney Swans 605
2. Aaron Sandilands Fremantle 516
3. Jeff White Melbourne 481
4. Dean Cox West Coast Eagles 449
5. Brendon Lade Port Adelaide 436

Not bad for a dud.

Hitouts 2006

Not bad for a dud.

Gee and the fact he played as the sole ruckman for Sydney most of this year, helped by Sydney's style of play of creating stoppages wherever possible couldn't have possibly over inflated this figure could it? :rolleyes:

Gee and the fact he played as the sole ruckman for Sydney most of this year, helped by Sydney's style of play of creating stoppages wherever possible couldn't have possibly over inflated this figure could it? :rolleyes:

So he was the sole ruckman for a team that was 1 point away from winning back to back premierships yet he is a dud????:confused:

*sigh*

The big question concerning Quiten Lynch is whether all of his crap years are indicative of his true talent, or his one good year.

It's probably somewhere in middle. He is an average forward being fed by a dominant midfield.

Typical response from a Weagle supporter join date Sept/Oct 06. If a Weagle player posts big stats it is proof of their greatness (ie Lynch's goal tally), but if a player from another team posts goods they are not a true reflection of anything.

BTW how come so many of you stupid, arrogant weagles freaks joined bigfooty so late in 06? Did it just seem like the right time to share your wisdom?

He has played forward for only two seasons, and kicked 60 goals in his second.

In 2002 as a 19 year old he kicked 17 goals in 11 games as a CHF.

In 2003 he spent the year developing in the WAFL and finished high up in the Sandover.

In 2004 he held down CHB for all but 1 game (he was a bit naughty and missed the other).

In 2005 he was a late replacement at FF and kicked 31 goals

In 2006, and still only 23 he kicked 65 goals.

Not a bad career so far :thumbsu:

Crap????

My post highlighting that Lynch has had one good season and a bunch of very average ones?

It's spelt f-a-c-t you @rseclown.

So he was the sole ruckman for a team that was 1 point away from winning back to back premierships yet he is a dud????:confused:

*sigh*

Well based on the same logic that a 65 goal full forward who actually was part of a 1 point winning grand final is a dud also :D

It's amazing how when the same blow torch gets applied the other way you suddenly become as 'precious' and 'defensive' of your players isnt it? :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hitouts 2006

Not bad for a dud.

Except that numbers 4 and 5 on that list are the ones that made AA. It's not about how big it is, it's how you use it :D

Typical response from a Weagle supporter join date Sept/Oct 06. If a Weagle player posts big stats it is proof of their greatness (ie Lynch's goal tally), but if a player from another team posts goods they are not a true reflection of anything.

BTW how come so many of you stupid, arrogant weagles freaks joined bigfooty so late in 06? Did it just seem like the right time to share your wisdom?

Not a fan of irony are you? He labelled Lynch a dud based on his season stats yet got his panties in a bunch when i did the same for Jolly and called him a dud based on similar loose logic?

As for the late joining thing i was reading bigfooty before that this year, just got sick of the constant Eagle bashing that seems to go on so decided to join the fight and at least stick up for my team.

Besides if you want stupid and arrogant, theres a Dockers supporter named Shane who runs a certain website, that place is full of stupid and arrogant people!

Not a fan of irony are you? He labelled Lynch a dud based on his season stats yet got his panties in a bunch when i did the same for Jolly and called him a dud based on similar loose logic?

As for the late joining thing i was reading bigfooty before that this year, just got sick of the constant Eagle bashing that seems to go on so decided to join the fight and at least stick up for my team.

Besides if you want stupid and arrogant, theres a Dockers supporter named Shane who runs a certain website, that place is full of stupid and arrogant people!
Join the fight? Nice time to join the fight and stick up for your team.... just after they won the flag.

You are a gutless ********.

Join the fight? Nice time to join the fight and stick up for your team.... just after they won the flag.

You are a gutless ********.

Well pardon me for not even logging on to the site for the first time until September :rolleyes:

Well pardon me for not even logging on to the site for the first time until September :rolleyes:
I was probably a little harsh, but I just fail to see how dozens of Weagle fans can jump on this site AFTER their team won the flag and then get all condescending.

You probably aren't that kind of trolling, faiweather supporter, so sorry.

Eagles really do have one of the most precious supporter base dont they........
Why are my claims stupid? Clearly the majority of non-eagle supporters agree with them, I attempted to back them up with some evidence.
Well of course you wouldnt compare Pavlich to Lynch, now that would be a massive stretch (I wouldnt call it stupid if you at least attempted to back it up some how).

Sabre, me saying I'm not making stupid claims does not equal me saying your claims are stupid. I was making a point that people who actually watch sides play are (for the most part) less inclined to make stupid statements as a basis to make/refute a point than those who don't, hence my Pav example.

I don't agree with your claim re: Lynch and while your statistics you used do support the point you are trying to make, they are overly simplistic and do not prove anything.

Lynch fails to find the ball period when the eagles are challenged.

Had his equal season (career in fact) high possession game against the Dogs in Round 13. Did they challenge us?

Lynch struggles to find the ball when he is on a quality defender

Had another equal season high possession game and kicked 2.4 against Joel Bowden, is he a quality defender? Kicked 5 on Prestigiacomo, 4 on Fletcher, 4 on Rutten, and 3 on Barry to be equal highest goalkicker in the GF. Are any of them any good?

he has no problems finding the ball when Cox is dominating in the middle, then running on to be a link man with the likes of Judd, Cousins or Kerr.

Cox was arguably B.O.G. in Rounds 1 and 2, dominating the centre and playing as a link man with the other centremen who were also vying for B.O.G. honours. Lynch had a combined 12 touches and 2 goals over two games. Hardly imposing statistics considering the service he must have received.

Bloody Dan Parker was a decent lead and kick, I reckon he could do as much damage in the eagle line up as Lynch does.

Doubt it, but we'll never know.

Poor Murphy who is rarely looked for more often than not has to fly to get the ball or put in about 4-5 different leads.

I rate Murphy as a forward prospect. If your midfield ignore his good hard leads instead opting in favour of pack contests or a double teamed Pav then that's their concern.

How many leads does Lynch make before he gets the ball.

No idea. If anyone wants to watch old tapes and count them, go for it.

I was probably a little harsh, but I just fail to see how dozens of Weagle fans can jump on this site AFTER their team won the flag and then get all condescending.

You probably aren't that kind of trolling, faiweather supporter, so sorry.

Well i try not to troll, but if d******** troll and take obvious snipes at the team i've loved and supported for the last 19 years then by golly i'm going to take pot shots back at them!

(Yes i know the Eagles have been around 20 years, i admit i've only been a fan since 88, but i mean come on i was only 7 at the time!)

Well i try not to troll, but if d******** troll and take obvious snipes at the team i've loved and supported for the last 19 years then by golly i'm going to take pot shots back at them!

(Yes i know the Eagles have been around 20 years, i admit i've only been a fan since 88, but i mean come on i was only 7 at the time!)
Fair enough, but if your sole pupose in joining is to get all defensive every time the Weagles or their players are mentioned in a less that perfect light, then your presence is redundant.

There are plenty of weagles fans here who constantly talk up their club as perfect to the detriment of being objective already.

Well based on the same logic that a 65 goal full forward who actually was part of a 1 point winning grand final is a dud also :D

It's amazing how when the same blow torch gets applied the other way you suddenly become as 'precious' and 'defensive' of your players isnt it? :cool:

65 goals for the #1 forward in a premiership team is pretty average, especially considering the lack of other quality forwards in the team.

Hall kicked 80 last year with O'loughlin, O'keefe and Davis to share with. Not to mention he also had the most goal assists.

Seems to be WC fans the only ones rating lynch

65 goals for the #1 forward in a premiership team is pretty average, especially considering the lack of other quality forwards in the team.

Hall kicked 80 last year with O'loughlin, O'keefe and Davis to share with. Not to mention he also had the most goal assists.

Seems to be WC fans the only ones rating lynch

Hall kicked 78 this year, 2 less than last year which is 13 more than Lynch kicked this year. This is also from a guy who has spent his entire career in the forward line in a team who were reigning premiers and only lost the GF by a solitary point.

Re: Lynch. Playing only his 2nd year at FF and over doubled his goal tally from last year. Also only his third full year of AFL and in '04 he spent the whole year at CHB. Not a bad return for a guy who's just learning the trade. Plus our midfielders also kick a lot of goals, something the swans don't do nearly as much as WCE. The majority of your goals come from your forwards.

Please, we rate him, we don't over-rate him. Just looking forward to hopefully seeing him improve again next year as I/we really enjoy watching him play.

All I want from Lynch this year is another 60 goals. Cant see why he wouldnt be able to do it aslong as he spends his time up forward and not rucking. Next year he will get more help from Hunter and a fully fit and firing Hansen and Sampi

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back