Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally Posted by Big Scottknowsall
I don't care....3 goals from a full forward is not a good result....end of story

Lloyd, a career full forward, in his 5th year at full forward kicked 4 goals in the 2000 GF. Dud! ;) Like Lloyd Lynch kicked a goal with his first kick in AFL footy.

Lynch kicked all his goals before Leo did his hammy.

Fools!

Lloyd, a career full forward, in his 5th year at full forward kicked 4 goals in the 2000 GF. Dud! ;) Like Lloyd Lynch kicked a goal with his first kick in AFL footy.

Lynch kicked all his goals before Leo did his hammy.

Fools!

So he kicked all 3 in the first half?

None in the second half when the Swans actually turned up to play?

He kicked one goal in the second half and two on the full. After that he moved to CHF and played way up the ground when he realised Barry was stuffed. Watch the last 30 seconds. Shoving off 2 swan players and somehow kicking the ball with his wrong foot to the waiting Beau Waters 10m away. What a pressure moment and what a display of courage

Fair weather player would of got tackled and the ball would of been thrust down the middle. Not our Lynchy though. He fights them off and gets the ball and stops the forward thrust in his wake. What a man

Didn't you watch the game? Or are have blocked it from your memory? Let me remind you - we won, you lost. Lynch kick his third in the first half of the third. When the Eagles had steam he did his job, took has chances and scored 3. The Eagles ran out of gas in the second half, that's what happens when you don't get the week off. So they moved Lynch up the ground and the Eagles held on. Top stuff, you should watch it again, really.

:rolleyes:

As opposed to Hall who kicked none in the first half or the second half, when you 'turned up to play'. Great reasoning there.

I'm thoroughly enjoying these analyses of Quinten Lynch and West Coast being provided by people who have no idea about either of those things. Keep 'em coming.:thumbsu:

As opposed to Hall who kicked none in the first half or the second half, when you 'turned up to play'. Great reasoning there.

I'm thoroughly enjoying these analyses of Quinten Lynch and West Coast being provided by people who have no idea about either of those things. Keep 'em coming.:thumbsu:

This thread doesn't have to do with Barry Hall.

.. and yes, when we 'turned up to play'. Remember, we kicked 8 goals to your 4 in the second half?

This thread doesn't have to do with Barry Hall.

.. and yes, when we 'turned up to play'. Remember, we kicked 8 goals to your 4 in the second half?

Well if you are going to criticise Lynch for kicking 2 of his 3 goals in the first half before you had 'turned up to play' (thus proving sabre's fairweather player claim), then you should think about the fact that your own full-forward kicked no goals whatsoever before or after you 'turned up to play'. It isn't complicated.

And yes, I'm familiar with the flow of play in the GF. I watched it, have watched it since and will undoubtedly watch it again. I also watched the other 25 games West Coast played in 2006, something I doubt most of the non-Eagles fans in this thread did, going by their knowledge (or lack thereof) about our season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if you are going to criticise Lynch for kicking 2 of his 3 goals in the first half before you had 'turned up to play' (thus proving sabre's fairweather player claim), then you should think about the fact that your own full-forward kicked no goals whatsoever before or after you 'turned up to play'. It isn't complicated.

And yes, I'm familiar with the flow of play in the GF. I watched it, have watched it since and will undoubtedly watch it again. I also watched the other 25 games West Coast played in 2006, something I doubt most of the non-Eagles fans in this thread did, going by their knowledge (or lack thereof) about our season.

Every Tom, ******** and Harry knows that Hall had a poor game.. doesn't take much to realise that.

I don't know what you want me to say when you quote me? I know Hall had a bad game, but that doesn't mean that i'm not allowed to talk about other players games on the day.

I also watched the other 25 games West Coast played in 2006, something I doubt most of the non-Eagles fans in this thread did, going by their knowledge (or lack thereof) about our season.

I watch close to all those games.

I think you will find allot of freo supporters have watched almost all the eagle's games too and have quite a strong base from which to comment.

I watch close to all those games.

I think you will find allot of freo supporters have watched almost all the eagle's games too and have quite a strong base from which to comment.

I also watched close to all of Freo's games in 2006, hence I am not making stupid claims such as since Pavlich had the ball kicked to him 27 more times inside 50 than Lynch, Pavlich should have kicked 27 more goals, because I know that Pavlich is often given 2 or 3 opponents etc. I disagree with your viewpoint that Lynch only shows up when West Coast are playing well, hence I responded to your thread.

People who say that Lynch gets silver service week in week out and that Fevola or Lloyd would kick a guaranteed 100+ goals at WC have clearly not watched us play much.

natlovestheswans said:
I don't know what you want me to say when you quote me? I know Hall had a bad game, but that doesn't mean that i'm not allowed to talk about other players games on the day.

Sigh. You can talk about any player's performance you like. But, if you judge Lynch as being a fairweather player based on his GF performance (1 goal in the second half), then you must also judge Hall (the other FF who played, and kicked no goals in either half) the same way, hence I brought his name up. A one game sample as much proves the point that Lynch only fires when WC are firing as it does that Hall never fires at all in big games.

Sigh. You can talk about any player's performance you like. But, if you judge Lynch as being a fairweather player based on his GF performance (1 goal in the second half), then you must also judge Hall (the other FF who played, and kicked no goals in either half) the same way, hence I brought his name up. A one game sample as much proves the point that Lynch only fires when WC are firing as it does that Hall never fires at all in big games.

That wasn't my argument. My argument was that he did a 'great job' kicking 3 goals on a player who is 10cms shorter then him and 16 kgs lighter then him. Who also did their hammy in the 3rd quarter and his play was limited.

I was sticking up for Leo, seeing someone said that Lynch did a great job on lasts year 'hero'.

That wasn't my argument. My argument was that he did a 'great job' kicking 3 goals on a player who is 10cms shorter then him and 16 kgs lighter then him. Who also did their hammy in the 3rd quarter and his play was limited.

I was sticking up for Leo, seeing someone said that Lynch did a great job on lasts year 'hero'.

Your point? Leo Barry is your chosen Fullback. Leo has done good jobs on bigger men in the past. What happened this time?

His size is irrevelent if he was not good enough he would not be your FB.

Hes been good enough for how many years now? Why does his size come up now?

Your point? Leo Barry is your chosen Fullback. Leo has done good jobs on bigger men in the past. What happened this time?

His size is irrevelent if he was not good enough he would not be your FB.

Hes been good enough for how many years now? Why does his size come up now?

The fact is, his size is revelent.

His size has always been an issue. Yes, he's had to deal with bigger men in the past and has often done great jobs, but his size has always been an issue.

You have no idea.

Especially now that he's getting older.

It's an issue and a big one at that.

In 2001, Swans coach Rodney Eade moved him to the backline, where he prospered. Despite being short for a fullback at 184cm, he has successfully played on much taller opponents, making use of his leaping skills and using his body well. Current coach Paul Roos rates him as one of the best defenders in the AFL, an assessment backed up by his inclusion in the All Australian Team in 2004 and 2005.

Admit it Lynch was good. Nothing wrong with Leo Barry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back