Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then Roos better dump him. In your words he's too small and too old to restrict a dud like Lynch. I would much prefer to see LRT at full back against us anyway ;) .

Why would he dump him? Leo is our best defender. It's unfortunate for him that at Sydney we don't have a typical FB, because he'd be able to do alot more if we did. He does the best he can and personally, i think restricting Lynch to 3 goals was a pretty good job, with his size and how especially seeing after he did his hammy Lynch didn't kick a single goal.

i think restricting Lynch to 3 goals was a pretty good job, with his size and how especially seeing after he did his hammy Lynch didn't kick a single goal.

Given the input of the other forwards on the ground, and the final margin, Lynch's three goals were worth their weight in gold. Since you were at the game you would have noted that the supply dried up after half time and this only flatters Barry's performance as Lynch moved up the ground to get the ball. Wasn't going to kick a goal if the ball wasn't kicked to him, now was he.

Given the input of the other forwards on the ground, and the final margin, Lynch's three goals were worth their weight in gold. Since you were at the game you would have noted that the supply dried up after half time and this only flatters Barry's performance as Lynch moved up the ground to get the ball. Wasn't going to kick a goal if the ball wasn't kicked to him, now was he.

Which would support a totally different argument that someone brought up earlier.. wouldn't it? ;)

How??? I assume then your argument is that Lynch had to move up the ground because Barry denied him the ball. Delusional point of view to say the least. Go on, watch the game again, it won't be that painfull, and then you'll be able to make informed posts on this forum.

How??? I assume then your argument is that Lynch had to move up the ground because Barry denied him the ball. Delusional point of view to say the least. Go on, watch the game again, it won't be that painfull, and then you'll be able to make informed posts on this forum.

Go on, read what i actually said then maybe you can make informed posts in this thread.

I honestly have no idea what you talking about.

Really? Do you have any idea about your own argument then? On the one hand you are saying that Barry did the job on Lynch in the second half, yet you don't dispute that Lynch played large chunks of the second half up the ground due in no small part to lack of supply. Doesn't matter how good a FF you are you will kick no goals if the ball is not delivered to you.

Really? Do you have any idea about your own argument then? On the one hand you are saying that Barry did the job on Lynch in the second half, yet you don't dispute that Lynch played large chunks of the second half up the ground due in no small part to lack of supply. Doesn't matter how good a FF you are you will kick no goals if the ball is not delivered to you.

Out of interest, how many possessions did Lynch get in the second half?

I also watched close to all of Freo's games in 2006, hence I am not making stupid claims such as since Pavlich had the ball kicked to him 27 more times inside 50 than Lynch, Pavlich should have kicked 27 more goals, because I know that Pavlich is often given 2 or 3 opponents

Eagles really do have one of the most precious supporter base dont they........
Why are my claims stupid? Clearly the majority of non-eagle supporters agree with them, I attempted to back them up with some evidence.
Well of course you wouldnt compare Pavlich to Lynch, now that would be a massive stretch (I wouldnt call it stupid if you at least attempted to back it up some how).

People who say that Lynch gets silver service week in week out and that Fevola or Lloyd would kick a guaranteed 100+ goals at WC have clearly not watched us play much.

Lynch fails to find the ball period when the eagles are challenged.
Lynch struggles to find the ball when he is on a quality defender, he has no problems finding the ball when Cox is dominating in the middle, then running on to be a link man with the likes of Judd, Cousins or Kerr.
Bloody Dan Parker was a decent lead and kick, I reckon he could do as much damage in the eagle line up as Lynch does.

Poor Murphy who is rarely looked for more often than not has to fly to get the ball or put in about 4-5 different leads.

Thats another stat that would be interesting (if available, might have to leave that to Gunnars....He seems to pull these magic stats from somewhere).

How many leads does Lynch make before he gets the ball.

=sabre_ac;6261994]Eagles really do have one of the most precious supporter base dont they........
Why are my claims stupid? Clearly the majority of non-eagle supporters agree with them, I attempted to back them up with some evidence.
Well of course you wouldnt compare Pavlich to Lynch, now that would be a massive stretch (I wouldnt call it stupid if you at least attempted to back it up some how).

No they don't

Anyways

Here is a comparison of goals during the Season

Pavlich - 71 Goals
Lynch - 65 Goals

Now look this stat

Most goals in a Final

Lynch - 6 goals
Pavlich - 4 Goals

So from the above you can deduce that Pavlich is slightly better in the H&A season but Lynch is better when it Counts, in finals :)

Which is not a massive a stretch compared to tour obtuse and rubbery figures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think Lynchy's 2006 season was ordinary, what do you expect from him in 2007 sabre? Honestly, I'd like to know.

Goals when your side looses.
Goals when the game is there to be won.

Look I think hes a decent player...Just overated due to the team he plays in and being the only goal scoring option.

And I think he gets exposed by stronger defenders and when suddenly he has to fight for the ball.

And I think he gets exposed by stronger defenders and when suddenly he has to fight for the ball.

Fair enough. You have to remember though, last year he couldn't even score when our team was winning. You have to admit he has improved significantly in 2006 from 2005.

sabre_ac said:
Look I think hes a decent player...Just overated due to the team he plays in and being the only goal scoring option.

Well, I wouldn't say he is the only goal scoring option. In the top 50 goal scorers Fremantle has 2 (Pavlich, Farmer) and WC has 5 (Lynch, Embley, Hunter, Judd, Staker). We have a fairly good spread of goal scorers - hopefully next year Hansen will kick a few more too.

The fact is, his size is revelent.

His size has always been an issue. Yes, he's had to deal with bigger men in the past and has often done great jobs, but his size has always been an issue.

Glad i'm not your boyfriend!

I cant ever imagine putting that much effort into trolling a Fremantle fan. If this is not proof that the Freo ferals are obsessed with WCE then I dont know what is...

Lucky he has guys like Judd, Kerr and Cousins to actually kick to him.

You still have to actually mark the ball/kick the goal after getting it to be an effective forward

ie compare 2005 Lynch to 2006 Lynch

The 2006 model was actually marking the ball and converting it compared to the 05 model!

How a thread about a dudd like Lynch has 8 pages is beyond me.
"It's going, it's GOING...........IT'S GONE!!! THREE TO THE BIG Q"
tbuvh8.jpg

And then we have Ryan Murphy

9 of his 22 goals for the season were vs Carlton and Essendon and only 13 from the other 10 games.

Not to mention this stellar performance against Sydney when it really counted
during the finals

4 possessions, 2 marks, 1 goal

Then of course there is Farmers struggles during the finals.

3 games for a solitairy goal

Don't get me wrong

Their decent players...Just overated because when a game is really on the line. Like during finals.

They clearly struggle with the greater intensity

I quite enjoyed posting in Sabre mode BTW :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Quinten Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back