Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I'd now drop Fyfe purely based off the changes they just announced to the holding the ball call.

What's the record for most HTB calls against a player?
Does anyone have Nic Suban's email.

Honestly I'd now drop Fyfe purely based off the changes they just announced to the holding the ball call.

I don't think it'll happen, but I'd be giving Fyfe a spell until our next home game. Play Erasmus against Melbourne and the Dogs.

Best victories in 98 were Norths and Saints at the WACA. Winnie's hang was at the WACA. The Flying Egg's soccer from the boundary was at the WACA.

hey were good times.

Agree. Used to love some of those WACA night games, 20000-25000 fans, nip over to Gloucester Park afterwards or sometimes at half-time. Remember some games when it absolutely pissed down.
Went to one of those games and there was a willy wagtail displaying on the boundary in front of us all game. Real commitment from the little dude at night in pissing rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WACA great ground for spectators if you were in Lillee Marsh.
We had 2nd row seats, Percy Johnsonin front of us and just above the interchange. Pretty much RS most other parts.

I reckon I never saw a Freo game at the WACA. Dirty birds yes*, Olyroos yes, Western Reds yes, Perth Glory yes. Us no. Would have been something to dine out on even 25 years later if I'd been there when Wills kicked that goal.

*Pre Freo in my defense. Was the game Lamb swallowed his mouthgaurd so what 1991? Was in a private box too in the Prinderville (I have no idea how).

Last edited:

Fyfe's problem is he is strong enough to sort of get free and look like he has a chance to dispose of the ball. But he has lost the pure power to bust the tackle completely, and ends up incorrectly disposing the ball.

It annoys me how it gets adjudicated ... when you have no prior and make an attempt and only partially break free, then you get pinged. But if you are weaker and/or just let the tackle swallow you with no genuine attempt, then it is a ball up. Some of our players could be smarter in just letting themselves get wrapped up.

Doesn't help when teams like Sydney and Collingwood are allowed to routinely throw the ball after getting tackled.

Fyfe's problem is he is strong enough to sort of get free and look like he has a chance to dispose of the ball. But he has lost the pure power to bust the tackle completely, and ends up incorrectly disposing the ball.

A fend off like this:

Should we persist with Amiss as a deep forward this week or maybe find another role for him?
Replace Walters as high forward target?
If he can't find any space in our forwardline, it might be a good idea. He is getting buried atm. Jackson and Treacy need to demand more attention so they can't as easily double team Amiss all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back