Autopsy R13 NM v WCE in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t obvious on the original camera angle, but on different angles it’s clear as day that Yeo dragged that in.

100% a free kick and I bet the AFL ticks it off

Last edited:
They have allowed players to get the ball, rotate onto their backs and make then no attempt to get rid of the ball for years, I have always thought if you go to ground get the ball and then spin onto your back you have had your chance to get rid of the ball.

I've wondered a few times what the game would look like if you cannot take possession of the ball if your knees are on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah sure Yowie shouldn’t have been given a free against lol.View attachment 2014769 But what would have been better was we were given a 50 for his disdain of the decision. I can lend the Yowie this t shirt to wear for the week if he likes
I've met Yowies. Yeo ain't one.

Can't lie, worst decision I've seen this year.
I'll take the win though
Wasn't a bad decision, although in Perth, it was a courageous decision as the crowd were up and baracking hard by that stage of the game. The AFL issues clarification videos during the week to help clubs understand how the umpires had been trained to interpret HTB. This one was a text-book case and officiated precisely the way the training video demonstrated.

Missing the high tackle on George just 30 seconds earlier was a bad (non) decision though. Eagle supporters can't claim Yeo was even slightly hard done by without conceding that George was shafted.

I just heard a replay of the ABC radio call and all I can say about the WA ABC commentators is that they are lickspittle hometown sucks and that their outrageously erroneous call of the event was tantamount to inciting WCE supporters into believing (wrongly) that Yeo was incorrectly penalised. I don't like Cameron Ling but even he said that the commentators were wrong and that the free kick against Yeo was correct (based on current and even on previous interpretations).

I've wondered a few times what the game would look like if you cannot take possession of the ball if your knees are on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can take possession, but in the same vein as fending off, if you are tackled and don't immediately dispose of the ball correctly you're done like a dinner (in this case, like gokangas parma).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First time I’ve watched the Sunday footy show in forever. It’s still a turd of a show, but I was just happy to be footballed- for the first time in ages.

The kids choosing that over a transformers cartoon, loving seeing us being talked up on tv…. a highlight of the year.

The focus on Yeo's htb (completely correct, he dragged it in and made no attempt to get rid of it) is sickening. But I DON'T ****ING CARE TRY TO TAKE THAT ONE OFF US. I forgot footy could be anything but indifference or despair.
Karma for that ****ing atrociously officiated game a few years ago when Nic Nat kicked the winner at the death. **** em!!! Remember all the ducking from Selwood, Shuey and Cox to get them over the line.

Apparently that's the first game this year we've kept the oppo under 100 points? Pretty good effort given it was over there with 45K in the crowd.

Also, yeah they're not going great, but a forward line of Waterman, Darling, Ryan, Cripps, etc, is still decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy R13 NM v WCE in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back