Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Will Daniel Curtin come into the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard Nicks saying they are willing to play four talls tomorrow, but would be reluctant if the weather was wet. Aren’t we playing at the Etihad, which like everyone knows (except for Nicks) has a roof. Am I missing something here? If this is an oversight I’m concerned

Seriously, that is a major concern.

Perhaps he will go to the G and not realise it until game time.

Langford will be too mobile for Murray imo, fog vs Ridley a draw and same with himmelberg.
It’s all down to the beast.
Murray was ok on the mediums last week... but can always swap with Keane.

Smith and Murphy - absolute disgrace these two keep getting picked.
My only hope for Murphy is that they'll use him to try and tag Merrett like Neale in the second half (he did an okish job). If they're just going to play him in a "non-statistical role" then it's a complete waste.

Absolutely no excuse for Smith to be playing ahead of Curtin whose already on the emergencies.

Players used stat FWIW
Most in comp: Richmond 41
Adelaide 39 (outright second).
What bullshit.

I have been reliably informed that we have been rotating the same 25 players since the start of the season.

The next thing you will be telling us is that we have given the least games to players 30+ years old compared to every other club. Or we have given more games to sub 50 game players.

Unfortunately, Smith is a vice captain, Murphy has been promoted to the leadership group and finished sixth in last years B&F.

They are best 22 at team selection

Seriously, that is a major concern.

Perhaps he will go to the G and not realise it until game time.
What Nicks should have said when asked about playing 4 tall forwards,

“We have decided to rest Tex this week and we would like to give Brad Scott as much time as possible to plan for a Texless forward line”.

No idea what the coaches saw last week that made them think that smith deserved to be picked. Or this year really....
I'm fine with tex being rested. No idea why anyone is complaining about it, in pre season everyone was saying we should be doing exactly that.
Cook likely sub imo, rachele to start and subbed off if struggling. Otherwise murphy or bond
If you're not picking curtin to play afl let him play sanfl and keep pushing his case. Of course really he should be playing ahead of Smith or murphy
Next week tex ryan curtin in for smith murphy berg would be the dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What bullshit.

I have been reliably informed that we have been rotating the same 25 players since the start of the season.

The next thing you will be telling us is that we have given the least games to players 30+ years old compared to every other club. Or we have given more games to sub 50 game players.
Who informed you of that? Not making up stories again Jack? Trolling isn’t a good quality.

As for the number of players used, it helps when the season is done after 4 rounds.

What bullshit.

Only after it was mathematically impossible

Can you even fly with a burst eardrum?

I've had a lot of ear issues over the years. It depends. Sometimes you can have a burst eardrum and there isn't even any pain or hearing loss, it just feels weird and is more prone to infections until it is repaired. Other times it can be excruciatingly painful and wreck your equilibrium.

Presumably Smith's burst eardrum occurred due to impact, i.e. being hit on the ear and the air pressure burst the drum, which means it's probably fairly painful, but not unmanageable. There's probably no significant impact on his hearing right now.

There generally isn't any issue with flying with a burst eardrum as long as there aren't any other associated issues.

Not sure why people are upset about Murphy in the side. Don't you all remember his last game against Essendon at Marvel. Kicked a goal and had 100% DE.

Now the negative posters on this board will point out he only had 4 touches and 1 tackle from 75% TOG, but thats because they don't love the Crows.

Is down on all important categories in 2024 - Kicks, handballs, marks, goals, behinds, I50', 1%'s, Metres gained, clearances and score involvements.

Gotta get this spud out ASAP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R19: Changes vs. Essendon

Back