Review R20: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Hawthorn

How many more games will we win this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good: showed a bit in the second qtr…

Bad: commentators “that big forward line is incredible” first half

Ugly: I paid $25 to watch that from paradise to be served poo - If Murphy survives I’m done [I may have said this before]

Fog didn’t handle the captain title, Cook sorry not AFL ‘when it counts, Laird and Rachelle the most selfish players in the AFL.

I wasn't a fan of Texs today. Thought he played a selfish, playing for a contract type game but even worse was I think playing him ruined our forward setup. It's time to rip the bandaid off. If another club wants to pick him up for a run at a flag then so be it, but if he's on our list next season the brains trust will just default to selecting him. Enough with the stunting of developing our future, just move on.
Agreed, I thought the same thing

Good:
Soligo - Played his guts out, career best clearances, doesn't have much burst atm minute though
Nank - Looked gone after that goal saving tackle
Dowling - Nothing flashy but just does the non negotiable stuff week in, week out
Sholl - A 2024 Sholl game from him, turned a massive corner this year
Bond - Hold Ginnivan well in the first half, looks at home for a 3 gamer
Max - Will miss a week or two but I love his passion
Pick 4 looking a much better chance

Bad:
Rachele and Murphy - Piss poor games from both, no pressure, no going with their player, should be dropped if wee were an accountable club
Borlase - Has to be delisted

Ugly:
The gap between us and Hawthorn - While we've tread water this year, they've leapfrogged us. North will be the next one if we don't get our shit together
North have already leapfrogged us I'm afraid. They're at least competitive.

Keep losing. It's what we need to force Nicks removal.
The prick is a s**tstain on the club.
Won't happen this year.

We can get pumped every week till the end of the year and Nicks will still be coaching in 2026.

From our best 22 these guys didn't play tonight.

Dawson
Butts
Murray
Worrell
Rankine

Similar story all year.

This gives the club a crutch to stand on for this year's results and to keep Nicks in.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We've gifted Himmelberg 50 games. Can we **** him off already please. List clogger with little upside

Laird you're done too

When will Curtin request a trade home?

Tex we love ya, and you'll go down as one of the greatest crows to ever crow, but I think it's time fella

Good summary,

Not sure why Himmelberg played. We were too tall.

Laird was ineffective.

Tex running after Ginnivan to have a word in the last quarter when his player had run off him all day was embarrassing.

We lack quality leadership. None of our Senior players offer the leadership we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I legit think they put people in these positions who they know are easily manageable, and won't demand accountability and the ruthless pursuit of excellence.

Stop and think.

Look at our leadership group.

Tell me I'm wrong.

You unfortunately are 100% on the button....and it permeates through every leadership level of the club....all cowtied to the AFL's "don't rock the boat" directive.

The AFC exists to harvest supporter dollars and secure SA's part in any national media and sponsor deals. That's our entire purpose in life.

I wasn't a fan of Texs today. Thought he played a selfish, playing for a contract type game but even worse was I think playing him ruined our forward setup. It's time to rip the bandaid off. If another club wants to pick him up for a run at a flag then so be it, but if he's on our list next season the brains trust will just default to selecting him. Enough with the stunting of developing our future, just move on.

We need a new coach and footy ops.

And we need a clean slate them.

Including Walker, Sloane and Smith.

Arguably Laird, too.

We're a shit football club with a broken culture. We don't need minor adjustments, we need to burn it down and start again.

It's early i know, but probably worst post of the year. On any thread. In any forum. Ever.
You think there will be the wholesale changes we so desperately need while they look into the stands and see 41k on a Sunday afternoon game.

They would see this game as a win. $$$$$

Genuinely feel we'll be an instantly better side just by replacing / upgrading both of RoB and Murphy.

They are a symbol of mediocrity that define where we are at rn.

You are kind, mediocrity implies mid pack...they are far from that. Probably the worst regular game getters at their respective positions in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R20: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Hawthorn

Back