Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I was kidding.

Curtin played 3 quarters in his first game. 2 in his second.

So presumably he’ll be subbed on at three quarter time.

In his fourth game (which Nicks has pencilled in for Round 11 next year) he’ll play 0 quarters - either being in the starting line-up but injured in the opening 5 seconds, or as an unused substitute.

why the hell would you leave curtin off until the literal last five minutes.
when you know you can't make finals.
when you have previously stated you like to use the subs as "impact players"
when you've previously done dumb stuff like use the sub at half time for no reason at all.

Is he that scared of Dan Curtin that he thought he would lose him a "close" game that was ultimately meaningless, despite other heroes like murphy getting one touch in the last (not the first time this has happened this year), or Bond or Nank or Taylor only getting 2 and clearly being tired? If we win and Curtin plays a quarter-half, thats great, if we lose and he plays a quarter-half, he is still the better off for it.

You've literally got absolutely zero to lose and everything to gain by NOT doing what you did today with the sub. And you chose...THIS. And the result is...THIS. Lose freaking Lose.

I DON'T GET IT.

Last edited:
Said to weekend at bernies with 20 mins to go this has a heartbreaking final minute loss feel about it. Wasn't far wrong

Also wtf was the point in playing Curtin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Nicks just isn't a winner. He has loser instincts.

I genuinely didn't think there was any way the club could upset me by losing the game. I don't care that we lost, it's good that we did, winning was bad for our long term interests great.

And then they did that to Curtin.

I genuinely want absolutely nothing to do with this club. What an absolutely disgusting act by Nicks, just a pathetic way to treat a kid who you've done nothing but shit on since we drafted and hyped up.

MATTHEW NICKS GET THE **** OUT OF MY CLUB

**** OFFFFFF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R21: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back