Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

We weren’t poor defensively last year, we had the 9th best defence. He ****ed up with a massive overreaction and we didn’t lose close games due to poor defensive efforts that required a change in gameplan, you practise closing out games, you don’t change your whole gameplan!

As for the improved performance, you realise that’s basically 50-50 and we’d still piss out on finals?
When it came to the crunch last year we WERE poor defensively. We lost 5 games by less than a goal. I do agree with you, it was a massive overcorrection, but it did need addressing. As it turns out, we won two of those close ones this year and lost 3. I remember Blight saying that the next step on from losing close games, is winning close games… and on from there, is winning games well. I believe this will be the next step we take next year. By pointing out our run after round 4, I’m not highlighting how great we were, because clearly, we weren’t great. But we did have some great moments and saw the promise of things to come. Am I happy how our year has panned out? Hell no! I changed my vote on the Nicks page from “at this stage leaning to keep” to “must go” over the duration of this season, so I’m firmly in the sack him camp now.

Well Bevo thought ROB was very influential with his hit outs and hit outs to advantage tonight even if some on here don't think so. Coaches votes incoming from Bevo methinks.
He clearly smashed English

I’m not a ROB guy at all but he was excellent today, shouldn’t shock anyone if he gets coaches votes

When it came to the crunch last year we WERE poor defensively. We lost 5 games by less than a goal. I do agree with you, it was a massive overcorrection, but it did need addressing. As it turns out, we won two of those close ones this year and lost 3. I remember Blight saying that the next step on from losing close games, is winning close games… and on from there, is winning games well. I believe this will be the next step we take next year. By pointing out our run after round 4, I’m not highlighting how great we were, because clearly, we weren’t great. But we did have some great moments and saw the promise of things to come. Am I happy how our year has panned out? Hell no! I changed my vote on the Nicks page from “at this stage leaning to keep” to “must go” over the duration of this season, so I’m firmly in the sack him camp now.

Oh boy, Jenny thinks if we just back the club everything will end up just peachy!

Oh boy, Jenny thinks if we just back the club everything will end up just peachy!
Where did i say that? Do you actually read ANYTHING I write?

And I Quote: Am I happy how our year has panned out? Hell no! I changed my vote on the Nicks page from “at this stage leaning to keep” to “must go” over the duration of this season, so I’m firmly in the sack him camp now.

I honestly don’t think you’re actually getting it. Losing close games due to lack of composure isn’t something you change the game plan, you practise finishing games, surely you’ve seen that mentioned numerous times when teams play possession football at the end of close games?

Besides last year 2 of those close games were against the Pies, one was thanks to Nicks subbing Soligo and the other Sloane panicking and giving 50 away against Daicos.

Hahaha there she blows! And from a moderator no less! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What's incorrect?

It's not the moderators role to act like club ambassadors & do a Wayne by telling us everything is awesome & we are just very unlucky to be bottom 4...

I honestly don’t think you’re actually getting it. Losing close games due to lack of composure isn’t something you change the game plan, you practise finishing games, surely you’ve seen that mentioned numerous times when teams play possession football at the end of close games?

Besides last year 2 of those close games were against the Pies, one was thanks to Nicks subbing Soligo and the other Sloane panicking and giving 50 away against Daicos.
Sorry George, I actually agree with you (hence saying massive overcorrection).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The obvious answer is Murphy out...
About Murphy, who had yet another bad game.
There must be some Murphy fans out there in BigFooty-Land who are Murphy fans (apart from Nicks).
Can any of you tell me why he gets a game, week after week, when his actual game impact is more negative than positive?

Hahaha there she blows! And from a moderator no less! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What has being a Mod got to do with it? It’s not like he’s trolling or spending his time whinging about posters.

Now on to Murphy and Rankine playing together, surely you’re not going that pissweak you won’t address it?

It was a very good win but are the returning posters ignoring they kicked 9.18, we were smashed in inside 50s and we lost clearances despite dominating the hit outs?

Thankfully 2 weeks in a row our excellent forward line were deadly when we got the ball in there.

Well Bevo thought ROB was very influential with his hit outs and hit outs to advantage tonight even if some on here don't think so. Coaches votes incoming from Bevo methinks.
I haven’t thoroughly read this thread or the game day thread, but if anyone is shitting on ROB’s influence today, they quite simply have no idea. ROB was comfortably in the best 3 players on the ground for either side, and is a lock for a minimum of 5 coaches votes.

His best game of the season, and I don’t even need to check the stats to know that his hitout TO ADVANTAGE numbers would have been up there with the highest in his entire career (he had at least 20).

The big challenge for ROB will be to build on this. If he played even 60% of games at this level, and narrowed the gap between his best and worst, nobody would ever have an issue with him.

Rooch upset Bevo with his 1st question at his presser 😂

Did he ask

'Losing to a coach with the tactical and selection capabilities similar to that of a drunk and mentally disabled Ostrich, must hurt your confidence and pure standing as a coach leading into finals, how will you possibly move forward?'

Bevo 'Thanks for reminding me, I just spent half n hour standing in front of a mirror trying not to cry while I had a good hard look at myself'

Our inability to handle expectation was our biggest failing this season.

We came into the season expecting to push for finals and immediately dished up the worst 4 weeks of football we've played since 2020. Almost season over at that stage.

An unexpected win in Melbourne over Carlton could have had us back on track, but we instantly coughed up a home game to an ordinary Essendon team.

We kept our mathematical chances alive, led Hawthorn at quarter time, finals still on the agenda (sort of). And they kicked 12 of the next 13 goals.

Each time we've had an opportunity to put ourselves forward we've folded innocuously. Pretty much a repeat of the first half vs Sydney last year in that win-and-in battle.

Each time we've had nothing to play for we've played free, emboldened football. Like today.

Nothing has changed. Is anyone confident that we'll cope better next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back