Preview R4 Sydney vs West Coast "Gather Round"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
If you were expecting a considered, insightful preview with a bit of wit thrown in for good measure, I'm afraid you'll need to look elsewhere.

Because after that Richmond shemozzle, I had a word to Horse and he (like me) is absolutely steaming. Indeed, instead of a traditional preview, I thought I'd just transcribe Horse's post-game team talk, which I think does the job:

Right, listen up.

I'm going to pretend that shi*-show never happened. Its in the bin. Forgotten.

But you blokes are bloody lucky that we don't have the bye next week, because I don't care how many ex-girlfriends get upset, you'd be in for 2 weeks of bloody torture.

Fortunately, we're all getting on a single engine Cessna to somewhere called Mount Barker next week. I have no idea where that is - the only thing I know about Mount Barker is that its local MP is someone called "Rebekha Sharkie". So its evidently a pretty sophisticated town. And I'm damn sure it has a pub. But NONE of you better go anywhere near that pub. I don't care if its the goddam Bear & Bandicoot. NOBODY goes near a damn pub. Is that clear?

Now ..... a few of you won't need to worry, because you won't be hopping on the plane to Mount Barker.

Corey - go find out where the next VFL game is will you? Joel - you'd better go with him. And when you find out, can you please let Dyl .... sorry, I mean Jordo, know.

Now, for the rest of you - we're playing West Coast. Apparently they have some kid called Harley Reid. He's managed to keep a low profile in the local press so far, but early reports are that he shows a bit of promise. And they nearly got within 70 points of Footscray today, so they're clearly on the improve.

Right. Tactics.

Last year we kicked 31 goals on these blokes. Yes, yes, Justin - I know, even you got 3. We all remember, you keep reminding us every bloody week.

Now, where was I?

Oh yes - tactics.

We are going to kick the footy to teammates.
And handball to teammates.
And tackle the opposition.

I know, I know - its a radical shift from the Richmond game. But that's our plan.

Will - drop punts please.

Oh, and Brodie - try to turn up for the first half this week will you?

Much obliged.

OK - you can all go hit the ice-baths. But if catch any one of you drinking the bloody water again ......

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends who is fit

if fit cunningham and adams will come in, maybe wicks does

and you just drop warner mitchell and rampe injured perhaps
Yeah they didn't recruit Adams to play ressies

Cunningham is a no brainer. He offers defensive pressure. Something Lloyd (who will stay) lacked.

Wicks can be sub.

Depending on Rampe. Francis may get a run.

Yeah they didn't recruit Adams to play ressies

Cunningham is a no brainer. He offers defensive pressure. Something Lloyd (who will stay) lacked.

Wicks can be sub.

Depending on Rampe. Francis may get a run.

Hamling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back