R6 Box Hill v Casey - Sat 18th May

Remove this Banner Ad

Wish I was in Melbourne to watch these games. Thanks for the updates guys, very much appreciated. Loving Langford, Hallahan and Anderson in the best. If we could only get Woody there as well, the future mids are looking good. Wood seems to be a goer, do we get preference in selecting our VFL players in any draft?

Very impressed with Neo Anderson.
He has a footy brain. Isn't afraid to get down and dirty. Has wonderful skills that make you scratch your head wondering how he executed that passage of play.

Kudos to the recruiting department that have setup the best Indigenous program of all the clubs in the AFL.
With all the talent we have, Hawthorn should really be playing a "Dreamtime" type game every year.

Just watched the game on Iview. I was extremely impressed by Jonathon Ceglar's tap-work. He totally dominated the hit-outs and knows how to direct them too.

Of the BH boys ...
Murph ...just finds the ball and never stop , completely diff player to his bro , good user too

Tobin ...worked hard all day and thought in the last 1/4 he really rose to the occasiona with a really high work rate ....just lacks a little polish with his disp .

Pratty ...The old boot ...hard and tuff , really helps a young side stand tall ...Hodge of BH without a dought .

Mirra ..great in the air and able to blanket his opponent , thought this week too he started to look long and straight with his disp as previously he would nearly always go side ways to the plus 1 in fear of turning the ball over .

Wood ...lively , a Steve Milne type but with a more fwd defensive mind set , love his attack on the footy .

appreciate the match reports. All sounds good. cheers

Wish I was in Melbourne to watch these games. Thanks for the updates guys, very much appreciated. Loving Langford, Hallahan and Anderson in the best. If we could only get Woody there as well, the future mids are looking good. Wood seems to be a goer, do we get preference in selecting our VFL players in any draft?

No we cant get our hands on Wood or any BH player for that matter ....
I did speak to Mark Evans before he headed to the dark side about this and he told me Hawthorn had made a submission about clubs getting first crack's at these kids in there feeder clubs so i hope now he's in there he push's hard to implement this .

I am very encouraged by the recent updates on Langers. Sounds like he is coming along really well after finally getting some consistent game time. What sort of a player do you think he may develop into in the seniors? A Sewell type mainly working hard at the coal face? Maybe a Burgoyne type with enough strength, pace, and skill to be able to play in multiple positions?
A Brad Sewell ,Josh Kennedy type inside midfield he is quite quick and a long kick of the ball!!!

I think at the end of the year the Hawks are going to have some list management issues in not knowing who to keep.I think Wanganeen and Langers both have to be upgraded to the main list to be able to keep them.Langers definitley looks ready.Watching yesterday's game gives me faith that we do have the kids coming through.

Of the BH boys ...
Murph ...just finds the ball and never stop , completely diff player to his bro , good user too

Tobin ...worked hard all day and thought in the last 1/4 he really rose to the occasiona with a really high work rate ....just lacks a little polish with his disp .

Pratty ...The old boot ...hard and tuff , really helps a young side stand tall ...Hodge of BH without a dought .

Mirra ..great in the air and able to blanket his opponent , thought this week too he started to look long and straight with his disp as previously he would nearly always go side ways to the plus 1 in fear of turning the ball over .

Wood ...lively , a Steve Milne type but with a more fwd defensive mind set , love his attack on the footy .
Tom Gordon reminds me a lot of Lukas Markovic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the BH boys ...

I never noticed how good of a leader he was until today. Perhaps not the best player (his kicking in the third quarter was horrendous) but he always keeps the spirits up and puts his body on the line.

I think at the end of the year the Hawks are going to have some list management issues in not knowing who to keep.I think Wanganeen and Langers both have to be upgraded to the main list to be able to keep them.Langers definitley looks ready.Watching yesterday's game gives me faith that we do have the kids coming through.

Definitely agree about tough times for our list management team.

Usually there are some stand outs to let go, but the guys on the borderline of retiring still look like they've got a bit of petrol, pretty much all of our younger guys have a bit of potential or depth value, the guys outside our 22 and of mature age are valuable depth, and we have Langford and possibly Wanganeen pushing for a rookie upgrade.

I would find it really really tough to find 3 or 4 guys to delist from our list as you could make an argument for pretty much every player, so there is really fierce competition both in the Hawthorn seniors and at Box Hill right now.

Cegler ...best ruckman today , got really strong hands and can take a contested mark . His tap work was good today ...if he can get his kicking right he has the tools to be a handy ruckman .

Wanganenn and Frank ....both very similer types were lively and creative in patch's ....Amos has speed too thrill and his dash off half back was great to see ....resulted in goal and Casey players pointing fingers ..
that was a ripper run too was there loved it wanga kicked the goal i think thats right but awesome run by Amos

...Ceglar average, sprayed some set shots...
Ceglar just seems to lack that polish which is why he probably got the boot from the Pies. He looks like a natural ruck, times his leap well, looks balanced in the contest and actually seems to hit it to our advantage. If he can bulk up to an Ottens or Jolly size he would be very tasty.

Stunning second Q from the lads. This is one of the best BHH squads I have seen. Hawks have our best depth in a long time. The BHH guys such as Wood, Gordon, Lock and Isles are all playing good footy. Isles was a known, but the others are turning into late bloomers.
I loved Litherlands 50 metre dash. Friggen stiff to be chased so hard by a ruck. Regardless, that is Litherlands go to use his speed. He needs to start using that speed more by running into space and creating. The way the game is evolving he may be exactly what is needed.

Watched the replay so this is a television review combined with previous observations of how I see some players for the future..

Hallahan - ideal inside footballer. Does not supply the run and carry, that is for others, but extraction from stoppages is really important. Used both left and right hand but didn't notice a left foot kick. He plays very much like Brad Sewell. Will transition into the 1st's in 2014.

Anderson - has a balance between inside and outside that is very impresive. No worries about his future he is a best 22 play now.

Litherland - clearly a 3rd tall and showed plenty on Saturday. Also stuck to his defensive role well. Against Casey he provided run and defence where previously it was one or the other. Expect him to be selected in the 1st's in 2013.

Kelly - Is pretty simlar to Litherland as a quickish 3rd tall. Meets every contest and just needs to play at this standard regularly to be considered in 2014.

Lowden - A decision at year end needs to be made here. We would most likely still have Bailey, Hale, and then 2 of Lowden, Ceglar and Grimley. I would expect us to delist a ruck and add a ruck. Lowden is behind Ceglar.

Ceglar - Decent ruck and decent around the ground. I reckon he could hold his own if asked to. Keeper for 2014.

Langford - Gees he puts in. Now getting rewards. The Hawks have clearly marked him for midield roles. Ot would be very likely he would be asked to 'tag' in the 1st's but he is better than that. He is getting the ball and giving plenty of offensive drive. Expect him to be picked anytime from now.

Grimley - Groomed now as a key forward. Doesn't take pack marks but is very quick and is getting better all the time. Providing a target and uses the ball well enough. Those NAB cup games have given him confidence. Will he make it? Not sure you can have a 200cm KPP who doesn't ruck. However, until this year I would have said he would have been delisted.

On one Box Hill player
Brandon Wood - reminds me of Matt Jones ex Box Hill now Melbourne. Understands his ability and plays to it. Looks good enough to be drafted by someone. Hope it is us.

The Hawks-listed boys are starting to show the benefit of having played 2 to 3 seasons together. Starting to gel and all develop at the same time. Bodes well for the next generation at AFL level.

I am not as sold on Litherland as others. He is still a project player for mine. He has definately improved however.

Ceglar is a skinny ruckman. Not many make it at AFL level. Good insurance but that's about it for mine.

Thought Kelly's game was underrated on the weekend.

We are an impatient lot with ruckman. Lowden has shown plenty this year - granted he still needs to keep working hard (and can someone teach him to overhead mark with straight arms - he will get slaughtered at AFL level if he tries the bent arm technique). WHat I really want to see from Lowden is him running in games until he drops. When he runs and creates things happen.

I wish he would stop whipping his hands on his arse just before he marks too , takes that split second longer to get them up from there !!
Next time u speak to Monky can u seriously ask him if anything is being done about it. It is amateur stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

R6 Box Hill v Casey - Sat 18th May

Remove this Banner Ad

Back