Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Got a job interview on the 22nd. I hate job interviews.
You're not alone, but there are a few things you can do to help yourself out...

1. You made interview, so you're a winner! Plenty won't have got that far...

2. Go in believing your the best person for the job... anything else puts you at a disadvantage.

3. Build rapport! Ask them how they're doing? Remember, interviewing is a long, long day...

5. Prepare some STAR responses that cover the points listed in the role. Use the one you think most suits the question. They will most likely have things they need to check off, and STAR responses ensure you don't ramble due nervousness.

4. Ask for feed back. Looks like you're willing to learn from mistakes, and will help with future interviews.

Remember: If you can do everything they need, and so can someone else, it will come down to who will fit their team better, and there's nothing you can do about that. So not getting a job you've applied for doesn't necessarily mean you failed.

EDIT: Lol! I can't count... ha ha ha

Good luck! Fingers crossed!!!

Best of luck mate. And you're not alone, I'd rather start as a temp then get offered a permanent then do an interview. God I hate them.
You're not alone, but there are a few things you can do to help yourself out...

1. You made interview, so you're a winner! Plenty won't have got that far...

2. Go in believing your the best person for the job... anything else puts you at a disadvantage.

3. Build rapport! Ask them how they're doing? Remember, interviewing is a long, long day...

5. Prepare some STAR responses that cover the points listed in the role. Use the one you think most suits the question. They will most likely have things they need to check off, and STAR responses ensure you don't ramble due nervousness.

4. Ask for feed back. Looks like you're willing to learn from mistakes, and will help with future interviews.

Remember: If you can do everything they need, and so can someone else, it will come down to who will fit their team better, and there's nothing you can do about that. So not getting a job you've applied for doesn't necessarily mean you failed.

EDIT: Lol! I can't count... ha ha ha

Good luck! Fingers crossed!!!

Thanks a lot as that is excellent advice. I am lucky in that I already have a job, and this is essentially just a better job within the same organisation but I also know if I don't get through the interview I can't apply again for another year.

and yes, I know I can do the job, I just need to convince them of that :)

Take a compendium with pen and paper look like you want to take notes during the interview, even jot things down, ask questions, ask what your first month will be like when you start. Ask about strategic planning, why the job is vacant etc

Take a compendium with pen and paper look like you want to take notes during the interview, even jot things down, ask questions, ask what your first month will be like when you start. Ask about strategic planning, why the job is vacant etc

That is good advice.

If I get the job I am going to be going into 11 months of training, which will be interesting. I will try and think of job specific questions to ask though to give the impression I am very keen.

That is good advice.

If I get the job I am going to be going into 11 months of training, which will be interesting. I will try and think of job specific questions to ask though to give the impression I am very keen.

Just remember they also need to impress you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back