Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2011 Rate My Team

First time that I've ever done this;

B: Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Duffield - Grundy - Russell - Otten - McKernan - Toy - Duigan

M: Ablett - Murphy - Jack - Cooney - D Swallow - Caddy - Heppell - Weller - Mzungu

R: Jacobs - Tippett - Bailey - Cordy

F: J Riewoldt - LeCras - Roughead - Garlett - Dangerfield - Hurley - N Ablett - Tapscott - Pitt - J Darling

Where did I screw up?

To answer a question - I have $35k left.

B: Goddard, Gilbert, Shaw, Murphy, Adcock, Krakouer, Otten (Heppell, Toy, Duigan)
C: Judd, Hayes, Bartel, Boak, Moloney, Swallow (Harris, Mzungu, Atley)
R: Sandilands, Naitanui (Smith, Bailey)
F: N Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Dangerfield, Knights, Krakouer, Petrie (Callinan, Darling, Tapscott)

Nice team really... I've bolded some of the players I personally would query. Judd, heard rumors he's injured... but that comes around every year. Gilbert, lots of pre season drama and looking at a move into the forward line? Shaw, so up and down. Had him for years and always burnt me. Dangerfield, when will he have his break out year!! Considering him also. Always injured last year.

My team:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Duigan
(Toy, Puopolo, Cripps)
M: Swan, Selwood, Murphy (carl), Anthony (nm), D. Swallow, Gaff
(Harris, Atley, Smith (haw))
R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Z. Smith, Bailey)
F: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Higgins, Krakour, Prestia
(Mzungu, Matera, Cullinan)

Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Grimes, Hurley, Adcock, Otten.
Heppell, Toy, Duigan.

Swan, Bartel, Deledio, Anthony, Gaff, Conca.
Prestia, Harris, Atley.

Mumford, K. Tippett.
Z. Smith, Bailey.

Riewoldt, Chapman, Goodes, Sylvia, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer.
Richardson, Mzungu, Smith.

$102,500 to spend.

I have doubts over Hurley, Adcock and most of my forward line. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.
Thank-you in advance.

My team:

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Duigan
(Toy, Puopolo, Cripps)
M: Swan, Selwood, Murphy (carl), Anthony (nm), D. Swallow, Gaff
(Harris, Atley, Smith (haw))
R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Z. Smith, Bailey)
F: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Higgins, Krakour, Prestia
(Mzungu, Matera, Cullinan)

Nice team. Exactly the same backs and rucks as mine :) Anthony could end up being a nice pick-up. Be prepared to trade out Gibbs and Murphy for the final round. Higgins will find a new way to injure himself probably, cross your fingers. Take a further look at the Round 6 bye situation Freo, Geelong and Hawthorn all have byes, I count 6 premiums and a couple of rookies too. Would also try to get a B/C into the mids to utilise Goddard, Gibbs and Deledio.

please give me some constructive criticism on my team

backs - goddard, gibbs, deledio, grimes, newman, otten, heppell
(duigan, hooper, puopolo)

mids - hodge, murphy, pendlebury, a.swallow, d swallow, gaff
(polec, harris, wallis)

rucks - sandi fraser (campbell, bailey)

forwards - franklin, harvey, pavlich, goodes, petrie, krakouer, mzungu
(prestia, richardson, lamb)

Evening all - first crack at a team, wondering what you think?

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Dledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Howard, Duigan.

Mids - Swan, Judd, Hodge, S. Selwood, D. Swallow, Gaff, Iles, Mzunga, Wallis.

Ruck - Sandilands, Petrie, Smith, Bailey.

Fwd - N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Knights, Krakouer, Callinan, Richardson, Matera, Smith

$200,400 left in the kitty.

Thoughts much appreciated - cheers.

BACKS : Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, A.Otten, Heppell, Toy, Jacobs, Pedersen, Duigan

MIDS : Swan, Judd, Boyd, D.Swallow, Gaff, Conca, Jolec, Harris, Wallis

Rucks : Sandilands, Smith, Jolly, J.Tippert

Forwards : Chapman, N Riewoldt , Didak, Petrie, Franklin, Prestia, Mzungu, Matera, Darling, Callinan

What do use think and what postions should i improve

I have read several comments here suggesting that Heath Shaw is frustrating.

I notice he is the highest average scoring Collingwood defender so my question for those that say avoid Shaw, which Collongwood defender would you have in your side.

How's this look? I'm pretty happy with it...

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
(Jacobs, Toy, Duigan)

Mids: Selwood, Montagna, Boyd, Jack, Dangerfield, Swallow
(Gaff, Harris, Atley)

Rucks: Mumford, Petrie
(Smith, Campbell)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Franklin, Sylvia, Varcoe, Knights, Krakouer, Gamble
(Mzungu, Richardson, Callinan)

I have read several comments here suggesting that Heath Shaw is frustrating.

I notice he is the highest average scoring Collingwood defender so my question for those that say avoid Shaw, which Collongwood defender would you have in your side.

None really.. None stand out and are premos. O Brien threatens every year but just keeps doing his usual thing.. By all means pick Shaw, just don't complain like so many have about having a run of games of below 70's..

$100 left, tried to spend every last dollar. :)

Not a great idea, especially just spending money for the sake of it. Ideally you'd like to have mid five figures-ish left over for your first upgrade, or if one of your keepers injures himself and you need to do a sideways trade for him.

Backs - Look very strong but could be a bit risky with Duigan and Otten starting on the ground.

Mids - Looks alright, but again a bit risky starting Harris, Swallow (David I assume) and Heppell in the starting line-up.

Rucks - Looks like a very strong duo, along with Bailey in the reserves who could do anything this year.

Forwards - Looks like the strongest and most reliable part of your team.

But probably don't pay any attention to me haha, I suck bad at these things.

My Team:
BACK: B.Goddard(STK) N.Malceski(SYD) J.Grimes(MEL) N.Bock(GC) H.O'Brien(COL) B.Reid(COL) N.Suban(FRE)
Res: D.Heppell(ESS) P.Puopolo(HAW) N.Duigan(CAR)

MID: S.Pendlebury(COL) A.Swallow(NTH) D.Swallow(GC) K.Jack(SYD) B.Houli(RIC) B.McLean(CAR)
Res: D.Harris(GC) T.Mzungu(FRE) I.Smith(HAW)

RUCK: A.Sandilands(FRE) D.Petrie(NTH)
Res: J.Tippett(GC) M.Bailey(HAW)

FWD: P.Chapman(GEE) N.Riewoldt(STK) C.Sylvia(MEL) A.Krakouer(COL) T.Varcoe(GEE) C.Yarran(CAR) C.Knights(ADE)
Res: D.Prestia(GC) I.Callinan(ADE) A.Hamp(WCE)

I think it's a pretty even team.

Eveness isn't exactly a quality you're looking for in a Supercoach team. You need 100k players and plenty of them, because they're the only players who will increase in value enough for you to eventually upgrade your first 22 to a superstar lineup. I can't see you winning much with so many mid-level players on your team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None really.. None stand out and are premos. O Brien threatens every year but just keeps doing his usual thing.. By all means pick Shaw, just don't complain like so many have about having a run of games of below 70's..

I was not complaining, i am interested in seeing if there is a Collingwood defender that might be a better scorer than Shaw.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
(Coad, Toy, Batchelor)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Pendlebury, Foley, Swallow, Gaff
(Callinan, Harris, Atley)

Rucks: Sandilands, Petrie
(Derickx, Campbell)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Rioli, M.Morton, Krakouer, Mzungu
(Matera, Richardson, I.Smith)

Thoughts? Worried about strength of the midfield. Foley is the big question mark. He changes the whole layout of my team. If I replace him with a premium I have to downgrade a player in the forward line. I'll see how he goes in the rest of the NAB Cup but he's a bargain at his price IF he stays fit. Very consistent SC'er. Same with Morton. If he plays more midfield though, he's a lock. Very promising scores at the end of last year. Has dropped weight and is fit. Scored well tonight. I think he can nearly hit a premium forward average of 95+ which means he would be a bargain for his price. If not I still think he rises in value and I can upgrade him.

Happy with my bench players which is important. Last spot in forward line can be switched. I think nearly all of them get games early and score enough to at least justify last spot until I upgrade (Matera, Richardson, Smith, Mzungu). Batchelor pretty unique selection up back on bench (well maybe, haven't read this thread) but he did well tonight in the NAB Cup, can consistently find the pill, is a good kick and I've heard he will play games early. May grab Derickx on the bench over Bailey, not sure how many games he will play but doesn't have much competition. Another that scored well tonight. Is mature aged (23) out of a state league so may not take him long to adjust EDIT: In fact, just put him in.

Thoughts? Worried about strength of the midfield. Foley is the big question mark. He changes the whole layout of my team. If I replace him with a premium I have to downgrade a player in the forward line. I'll see how he goes in the rest of the NAB Cup but he's a bargain at his price IF he stays fit. Very consistent SC'er.

I worry that serious injury aside, even the slightest niggle will see him subbed early in a game with hardly any points Barnzy...automatic ~100 point slug on your overall ranking if he gets shut down in the first quarter of any game. We'll be really careful with him and there's a strong possibility of him being rested now and again IMO.

If he plays all season and averages what he's capable of then he's gonna be one of the picks of the year. The chances of him knocking out a few scores around ~100 average and then going to the bench with a 10, missing a mystery number of games then leaving you exactly where you started price-wise and minus a trade is too high for me.

Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Grimes - Otten - Heppell - Duigan (McKernan, Toy, Puopolo)

Swan - Judd - Montagna - Boyd - D. Swallow - Mzungu (Hibberd, Wallis, Callinan)

Sandilands - Petrie (Z. Smith, Currie)

N. Riewoldt - Franklin - Didak - Pavlich - Goodes - Prestia - Richardson (I. Smith, Darling, S. Motlop)

$223,900 left. Unsure of Grimes, I like Duffield but that would mean I have four Freo players starting which I'm not too confident about and I'm not sure who else to put replace Grimes with (Enright's a no go for me). Or, I was thinking of doing Grimes -> Duffield and then Pavlich -> Chapman and I would have $127,400 left.

Would like some thoughts and opinions on the team though. :)

Goddard - Gibbs - Deledio - Grimes - Otten - Heppell - Duigan (McKernan, Toy, Puopolo)

Swan - Judd - Montagna - Boyd - D. Swallow - Mzungu (Hibberd, Wallis, Callinan)

Sandilands - Petrie (Z. Smith, Currie)

N. Riewoldt - Franklin - Didak - Pavlich - Goodes - Prestia - Richardson (I. Smith, Darling, S. Motlop)

$223,900 left. Unsure of Grimes, I like Duffield but that would mean I have four Freo players starting which I'm not too confident about and I'm not sure who else to put replace Grimes with (Enright's a no go for me). Or, I was thinking of doing Grimes -> Duffield and then Pavlich -> Chapman and I would have $127,400 left.

Would like some thoughts and opinions on the team though. :)

If you want to replace Grimes with another premium and have that much $$$ left I'd suggest one of Broughton, Fisher or Gilbert. Out of that lot I'd favour Broughton. Very consistent, good skills and is young enough to even improve his average. Fisher very consistent too, not sure if the bad preseason publicity will affect Gilbert or not. Duffield not a bad choice either, had him last year and he was pretty good.

Forwards : Chapman, N Riewoldt , Didak, Petrie, Franklin, Prestia, Mzungu, Matera, Darling, Callinan

Rate my team plz:

Def: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, R.Murphy, A.Rance, A.Otten (J.Toy, P.Puopolo, N.Duigan)

Mid: C.Judd, J.Selwood, S.Pendlebury, S.Sidebottom, D.Swallow, H.Bennell (T.Mzungu, M.Wallis, M.Evans)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, D.Cox (Z.Smith, M.Baily)

Fow: P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, A.Krakouer, S.Day, C.Richardson (R.Kerr, I.Smith, I.Callinan)

Too many rookies starting for my liking.

Hello people, i am new to the site and happy to see so many footy fans with there opinions and helping each other out!

I would really appreciate thoughts and opinions on my team so far.
I have also noticed that i have not seen anyone select Jobe watson in there team, he came second for season 2010 for contested possesions, fell short by 3 possesions, keeping in mind he didnt play round 22....just thought id mention it as i assume contested possesions is high in Supercoach points.

Here is my team

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Enright - Hurley - Toy - Puopolo - Heppell
Bench: Duigan - Batchelor - Hibberd

Midfield: Swan - Hodge - Chapman - J.Watson - Carrazzo - Swallow
Bench: Gaff - M.Wallis - J.Green

Rucks: Ryder - Jamar
Bench: Petrie - Smith

Forwards: Franklin - B.Harvey - Pavlich - J.Riewoldt - Monfries - Krakouer - Prestia
Bench: Matera - Mzungu - Darling

Afternoon all - first crack at a team, wondering what you think?

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Dledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Howard, Duigan.

Mids - Swan, Judd, Hodge, S. Selwood, D. Swallow, Gaff, Iles, Mzunga, Wallis.

Ruck - Sandilands, Petrie, Smith, Bailey.

Fwd - N. Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Sylvia, Knights, Krakouer, Callinan, Richardson, Matera, Smith

$200,400 left in the kitty.

Thoughts much appreciated - cheers.

Rate my team plz:

Def: B.Goddard, B.Gibbs, B.Deledio, G.Broughton, R.Murphy, A.Rance, A.Otten (J.Toy, P.Puopolo, N.Duigan)

Mid: C.Judd, J.Selwood, S.Pendlebury, S.Sidebottom, D.Swallow, H.Bennell (T.Mzungu, M.Wallis, M.Evans)

Rucks: A.Sandilands, D.Cox (Z.Smith, M.Baily)

Fow: P.Chapman, N.Riewoldt, L.Franklin, P.Dangerfield, A.Krakouer, S.Day, C.Richardson (R.Kerr, I.Smith, I.Callinan)

Too many rookies starting for my liking.

Not sure if Sam Day's going to score well in SC initially.

Other than that your defence (although I have doubts on Alex Rance), ruck and midfield are strong. Your forward line is a little weak, but i'd back your rookies to score well enough.

Hello people, i am new to the site and happy to see so many footy fans with there opinions and helping each other out!

I would really appreciate thoughts and opinions on my team so far.
I have also noticed that i have not seen anyone select Jobe watson in there team, he came second for season 2010 for contested possesions, fell short by 3 possesions, keeping in mind he didnt play round 22....just thought id mention it as i assume contested possesions is high in Supercoach points.

Here is my team

Backs: Goddard - Gibbs - Enright - Hurley - Toy - Puopolo - Heppell
Bench: Duigan - Batchelor - Hibberd

Midfield: Swan - Hodge - Chapman - J.Watson - Carrazzo - Swallow
Bench: Gaff - M.Wallis - J.Green

Rucks: Ryder - Jamar
Bench: Petrie - Smith

Forwards: Franklin - B.Harvey - Pavlich - J.Riewoldt - Monfries - Krakouer - Prestia
Bench: Matera - Mzungu - Darling

I always like to Dual position players likeChapman and Carrazzo in the forward and backline rather than the midfield. But that's just my opinion, and with your MPP options available they can be swapped around anyway.

Your defence probably has one too many rookies on the field for my liking. Maybe swapping Carrazzo and Heppell/Hibberd would fix this.

Only other thing would be there's a lot of Essendon players in there. I guess they have the first bye quite late though and some of the Bombers guys will have been upgraded/downgraded by then. Good Luck.

You seem to be missing a defender. And Ben Jacabs in injured right now and will probably miss the start of the season. You could do with upgrading one rookie defender as well I think.

Other than that, I like it a lot.

My team:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell (Coad, Toy, Puopolo)

MID: Swan, Bartel, D.Swallow, Gaff, Harris, Mzungu (Atley, Wallis, Hibberd)

RUC: Sandilands, Cox (Z. Smith, Bailey)

FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Green, Goodes, Dangerfield, Krakouer (Richardson, Smith, Callinan)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back