Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Excited Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

This is it.

Pencil in our first win.

Gaso went all Marty McFly on us and bought the Almanac!

Stay tuned for videos of him riding a hoverboard!

I Cant Lose Michael J Fox GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Well it would be nice to exercise our demons… against the demons.

But then again it would have been nice to stop playing like pussies… against the pussies; stop bombing it long … against the bombers; put an end to our blues… against the blues; have something to crow about … well, you get the idea.

Reserved my MCG seat for this game and had sudden flashbacks to this match last year when I left my seat the earliest I ever have (still a record). Just hoping for a sizeable improvement on that experience.

Weirdly my older son who never goes to the footy just told me he is going to this game with some friends. If we win it I’ll buy him a membership and get him along every week.

Pressed send on that message, and realised I wasn’t even pregnant yet when I joined Bigfooty and now that son has finished school and uni and is working as a teacher. Bloody hell, where did 23 years go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserved my MCG seat for this game and had sudden flashbacks to this match last year when I left my seat the earliest I ever have (still a record). Just hoping for a sizeable improvement on that experience.

Weirdly my older son who never goes to the footy just told me he is going to this game with some friends. If we win it I’ll buy him a membership and get him along every week.

The son senses the upset vibe going around

Made me remember the earliest ever leaving a game was Round 4, 1995 night game against Richmond. I managed to get into the ground, but my father was stuck outside the ground for the first 20 minutes trying to get in. By that stage, I think Richmond had about 9 free kicks that led to goals and not sure we'd scored yet. I think the crowd turned up late, and there was a problem at the gates.
It looked like it would be another 30 minutes before he could get in the ground, so he decided to go home before even getting in the ground! I think I lasted to the 3rd quarter, and they just couldn't miss - every shot went thru from a goal.

Made me remember the earliest ever leaving a game was Round 4, 1995 night game against Richmond. I managed to get into the ground, but my father was stuck outside the ground for the first 20 minutes trying to get in. By that stage, I think Richmond had about 9 free kicks that led to goals and not sure we'd scored yet. I think the crowd turned up late, and there was a problem at the gates.
It looked like it would be another 30 minutes before he could get in the ground, so he decided to go home before even getting in the ground! I think I lasted to the 3rd quarter, and they just couldn't miss - every shot went thru from a goal.

You’ve just unlocked a memory for me; I was driving to the game and my car broke down on Punt Road! Got towed and then ended up watching the match at a friend’s in Carlton. It was not a great night.

Was that ANZAC day eve or something?

It was a very horrible night.

Was that ANZAC day eve or something?

It was a very horrible night.
Yeah I think it was Monday night, the day before a public holiday. People were coming from work and major delays getting the crowd in. I just remember every free kick went against us and they rained goals against us. We were generally used to smashing the tigers in the 90s, so this was unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back