Game Day Rd 16 Crows v Giants - Name the Excuse - Spoiler - Taylor saves Nicks, will he get another game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Reporter: "Matthew, another home loss, what are your thoughts on the game tonight?"

Nicks: "Credit to the Giants, they are a quality side. We weren't playing 'our way' early, and if you give a team like them a 5 or 6 goal head start, you'll always be playing catch up. I felt we worked hard to get back into the game, and our endeavour was there. A couple of moments there in the last quarter, if the decision goes the other way, or the ball bounces the other way, we are right back in the game, and possibly sitting here talking about a different result. We are still a young side, and this will be a good learning experience for them."
Are you Marty McFly?

Freezing cold, pouring with rain (although supposedly clearing by tonight), we're shit, our fans have had a gutful and we're playing a low-drawing opponent.

A sub 30K crowd is a real possibility.

We are up against good opposition tonight. The Crows will try valiantly, but the GWS class will win out in the end. While I am hoping for the best, I am preparing for the worst!
Ive tipped Giants because I think they have a better mix than us but I can also see a win by under 10 points

I'm not fussed the messaging is truly work betterer for longerer which is just pathetic

Crow's by 78 points* Ned to have 28 high quality possessions and kick 4 goals* Murph to kick 3*

*In Nicks dream last night.

I’m going because I don’t want my Dad to go solo haha

Don’t care about the result, will be good to see the Texan again though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have been really poor this year and their ball movement has looked way off what it was last year. Alot of their wins have been grinding low scoring games.

I think they are still better than us though and should win but it will be close.

Last edited:
GWS have been really poor this year and their ball movement has looked way off what it was last year. Alot of their wins have been grinding low scoring games.

I think they are still better than us tbough and should win but it will be close.
Coniglio out has really impacted on that and he's back today, they'll win comfortably (4-5 goals) if it plays out like every one of our games against them since 2020.

“Unfortunately tonight the grass was cut just a little too short.”
Matt was in town

rowell-grass-gif.1683026

One more game of this shit stain of a season gone, one more game closer to the substantial change the review will have recommended.

Will this add to the misery by winning? Or will a loss bring us closer to ridding us of this dodgy used car salesman? Will he be booed?

We are approaching near full strength so injury excuses won’t cop it, so what’s it to be this time? What will our illustrious leader come up? Nearest to the pin wins $1M!!

I’m going with:

The players suck and I’ve never coached better.

Giants by 13
We didn't adapt to wet weather conditions.

I'm not going to miss staying at home tonight with a nice red & home cooked meal.

Reckon the weather will wipe a few more thousand off the crowd numbers, likely to offset the free kid ticket give away.

Highlight of the week is always Nicks post losing game presser, just to hear what non sensicle rubbish he can spew forth - and he's got a full catalogue of the non sensicle

Oh what a season we would have had but for the injury toll that only the hapless AFC has had to endure this year.

I'm fearing a win tonight that will start the upward push of our first pick towards the draft's dead zone, after the cream of the mids have been selected, around where we selected Jones!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rd 16 Crows v Giants - Name the Excuse - Spoiler - Taylor saves Nicks, will he get another game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back