Preview Rd 19 Cats V Dogs Sat Jul 20 2024 @ KP 730 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but there is no way Jeka gets an AFL game.

People say Bewsy can't get a call up.... Then Jeka is miles behind Bewsy. I knoe different positions but Jeka gets lazy about 7 times a game and turns or creates turnovers deep in D50 that often result in oppo scores.

Csnt have that and his laconic style gets him in trouble. AFL will expose that further.

If however he got rid of that I could see a better possiblity.

Go CAtters
Jeka appears to have the talent buy lacks intensity
Suspect he loses concentration at times
Sounds like same problem as Quinton Narkle

Whilst Clark was ok last week playing an outside role, you’d think he was due for a rest and Knevitt is better suited to a defensive winger spot.

His extra height could also be a consideration when looking at the doggies talls.

If Henry is sub again it’ll be a sure sign Rohan is viewed as a better fit than him.

Was Henry actually injured a few weeks ago when he missed?
Clark only played 55% time on ground against Collingwood, which may even have contributed to the man on the opposite wing staying on the whole time.

I’m excited for knevitt to get a chance, he’s a great prospect and with such a long run up he really could genuinely impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping the Dogs do load up with Ugle-Hagan, Darcy, Lobb, Naughton and English if these conditions do eventuate....

View attachment 2051485
Those days are gone, in having small players on the ground if it's raining... the ground doesn't get muddy as it did 30 years ago, and the talls these days are athletic

Lobb will be interesting as a key defender

When he 1st played with GWS i thought he was going to be a top notch player , but since leaving GWS to say he has been dissappointing is the understatement , and been playing quite a few games in the Bulldogs 2nds etc

But last week watching the 2nd half of Blues v Dogs game , they had him as a key defender , and it might have been the last qtr , opposed to Harry MacKay ( who is very tall ) and Lobb outmarked MacKay in one instance like Harry wasnt even their , it was very impressive , did it easily , maybe as a key defender it might get Lobb to concentrate properly and try properly because he has got talent

So it will be interesting how he goes against Neale - and whoever Geel put at FF

Good change, great to see Mitch get another chance. Well deserved.

Suspect Touhy/Rohan will be sub for management reasons if we're going by the interchange rule.

Or it could be Knevitt, ease him back in. I have the feeling Ollie will get the full run he needs, and utilise Rohan for his lockdown defensive capabilities. Do not want to be blown away early, need to score. As we discussed through the week, Touhy has his awkward moments, but has their faith, still a reliable moving part of defence, especially kicking. An interesting quandary.

Touhy has his awkward moments, but has their faith, still a reliable moving part of defence, especially kicking. An interesting quandary.
Yeah apparently are playing him more as the loose in defence since Stewart has pushed up to stoppages (it's hard to fully tell from watching on TV).

As much as I think Touhy isn't best 22... I don't think he'd be playing that important role if he was just going to be moved out of the side down the track.

That makes me think he will most likely be in the side come the business end of the season.

Yeah apparently are playing him more as the loose in defence since Stewart has pushed up to stoppages (it's hard to fully tell from watching on TV).

As much as I think Touhy isn't best 22... I don't think he'd be playing that important role if he was just going to be moved out of the side down the track.

That makes me think he will most likely be in the side come the business end of the season.

Agree. From the replay at one stage I was saying, that's your man Tuohy! But was it? Bit hard to tell with zone, and then mistakes of judgement are are made, like Henry et al standing flatfooted in the goal teeth, done for the oppo mark. Sometimes as supporters, we have an unrealistic expectation of perfection, and Tuohy and Duncan may fall into that category with age confirmation bias. Let's hope there's a bit of life in the old champs yet!

I'm happier with Tuohy's more recent role (especially with it releasing Stewart into midfield), but we have to accept it will come with mistakes and bloopers along the way. With Tuohy and Duncan together in defence, we have less time with ball in hand or speed to stop the ground balls. Still - Tuohy's been getting involved more, having good quarters and giving us some drive - a big improvement on a couple of months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back