AFLW Rd 2 Richmond vs GWS, Sun 08/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

lol going to lose the impossible to lose.
These girls are useless and that Yasine just wants to fall on the ground at every contest.
Need to fold this program it’s a waste of resources.
You don't have to watch mate.

We had no ball in the last quarter yet the backline held up.
Girls are too handball happy.
Forgotten how to kick.

Scapped a win in the end - did the work early.

Back line held up well. Lavey's inclusion was telling. Kelly was huge in the Ruck. Mon tagged found it hard work. Hosking helped up forward.

Ryan vindicated her selection in her second game, nothing flash but solid in the contest and with the ball.

Shevlin unheralded, did well. Brennan best on ground for the Tiges. Gave so many contests, lead up huge at times, got others into the game - superb pass to Yassir for an important goal (for 59Stanley ;) ).

MacLelland's role freed up Brennan a bit. She's becoming quite important.

Miller's second half was worth the watch, even though we lost some of our ascendancy. Egan was tough again.

Last edited:
We had no ball in the last quarter yet the backline held up.
Girls are too handball happy.
Forgotten how to kick.
Often, we don't have time to kick though, because of how we dispose in chains. Handballs go too low, teammates are grappling a bobbling ball more often than not. But yeah, that back line held up well because they had a lot of ball coming at them in the second half.

Good response from the girls. Got smashed a bit in the middle but Sheerin will strengthen that up. We were able to quell it better today when they used their speed and got their running game going, still heart in mouth stuff at times when they went forward with our defence under pressure, but credit to our girls they were solid and when we needed to make it more contested we raised our effort in the middle esp from from Mon, Grace, even Charley etc to lock it in was huge in that last qtr. Solid effort, not at our best but importantly we were much better in our forward entry conversions and 1000% better in everything that we did last game.

Glad the girls hung on against the top side after building formidable lead . Some encouraging signs , hosko sets a good example both her and Egan really crack into the contest , a few need to take head of that
Ford looks promising , is quite tenacious and Ryan got a bit more of the ball , very much outside player tho
Special mention. To egan , she wins a heap of contested ball , prob like 100% of her possies was pivotal to that win

Often, we don't have time to kick though, because of how we dispose in chains. Handballs go too low, teammates are grappling a bobbling ball more often than not. But yeah, that back line held up well because they had a lot of ball coming at them in the second half.
Need to work more on handball should not be so many clangers coming from hands , be creative

Deserving win thought we tried to save it in the last but overall I'm happy. they ran hard and put plenty of pressure on.
We should be 2 wins and 0 losses

Conti battled hard from a hard tag
McKenzie was our best, really good game.
Brennan played well, strong in the air, a much better effort from last weeks poor game.
Libby Graham tough as nails at the contest.
Sarah Hosking good game and kicked 2 goals
Miller improved game from last week.
Poppy Kelly rucked well.
Shevlin, Lynch and Lavey all did ok without dominating.

Seymour, Yassir, Dempsey, Greiser couldn't really get into the game.

Grace Egan you cannot defend this girl. Yeah she might go in there and get the ball as having a bigger body but her ball use is abysmal. 12 handballs id say 8 went to the opposition and/or to no one.
6 kicks and in the last kicked straight to a GWS player who took the ball forward and they goaled.
She is sooo slow in her every movement and ball to boot I could make a coffee in that time.
Overall Egan's average meters gained per disposal was 6.5 meters Yikes!

Scapped a win in the end - did the work early.

Back line held up well. Lavey's inclusion was telling. Kelly was huge in the Ruck. Mon tagged found it hard work. Hosking helped up forward.

Ryan vindicated her selection in her second game, nothing flash but solid in the contest and with the ball.

Shevlin unheralded, did well. Brennan best on ground for the Tiges. Gave so many contests, lead up huge at times, got others into the game - superb pass to Yassir for an important goal (for 59Stanley ;) ).

MacLelland's role freed up Brennan a bit. She's becoming quite important.

Miller's second half was worth the watch, even though we lost some of our ascendancy. Egan was tough again.
Good to see miller return to form she hasn’t played that well for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stand up you clowns my god falling over everywhere and that Egan is a liability

They scrapped and didn't allow GWS any time and space for most of that last qtr. They held on and happy they got the win.

With Egan she had this issue last year where her handballs don't go anywhere. I lost count on how many times her handballs didn't go to our advantage.
She is a bit of liability with her disposal "hand in your mouth stuff" and her obvious lack of pace.

Sheerin, I cant wait until she's back, as a midfield of Conti, McKenzie and Sheerin is formidable.

With Egan she had this issue last year where her handballs don't go anywhere. I lost count on how many times her handballs didn't go to our advantage.
She is a bit of liability with her disposal "hand in your mouth stuff" and her obvious lack of pace.

Sheerin, I cant wait until she's back, as a midfield of Conti, McKenzie and Sheerin is formidable.

I think you're being a bit hard on Grace Egan AT, Yes if Sheerin wasn't out injured then Grace isn't in our top 3 mids. What she does offer to the mids is balance, she's strong in the contest is a ball winner and strong in tackles. Sheerin doesn't have the greatest disposal either but has the explosiveness which sets her apart from Grace.

Hosking up forward was a good in today and adds more forward pressure, and I thought young Mackenzie Ford showed a bit in that area as well.

Last edited:
Need to work more on handball should not be so many clangers coming from hands , be creative
Could not agree more. The pace of the game has certainly sped up, but no excuse for not getting the handball up. I get some are best low because when you have someone on your hammer it's best to control rather than take possession the ball, but for the most part we are tardy with ball in hand.

Deserving win thought we tried to save it in the last but overall I'm happy. they ran hard and put plenty of pressure on.
We should be 2 wins and 0 losses

Conti battled hard from a hard tag
McKenzie was our best, really good game.
Brennan played well, strong in the air, a much better effort from last weeks poor game.
Libby Graham tough as nails at the contest.
Sarah Hosking good game and kicked 2 goals
Miller improved game from last week.
Poppy Kelly rucked well.
Shevlin, Lynch and Lavey all did ok without dominating.

Seymour, Yassir, Dempsey, Greiser couldn't really get into the game.

Grace Egan you cannot defend this girl. Yeah she might go in there and get the ball as having a bigger body but her ball use is abysmal. 12 handballs id say 8 went to the opposition and/or to no one.
6 kicks and in the last kicked straight to a GWS player who took the ball forward and they goaled.
She is sooo slow in her every movement and ball to boot I could make a coffee in that time.
Overall Egan's average meters gained per disposal was 6.5 meters Yikes!
Yeah, Egan just has to get the ball as quick as she can to anyone, is her sort of thinking, looking at that game. We need her, becuase without her we are not a contested team (MacLellan and Mon aside, and Mon is only going to get banged up).

You saw a different McKenzie to me. She had a couple of moves that got maximum metres gain, but she needs to use it quicker for a while to get back the feeling of being in the game again.

Yeah, Egan just has to get the ball as quick as she can to anyone, is her sort of thinking, looking at that game. We need her, becuase without her we are not a contested team (MacLellan and Mon aside, and Mon is only going to get banged up).

You saw a different McKenzie to me. She had a couple of moves that got maximum metres gain, but she needs to use it quicker for a while to get back the feeling of being in the game again.

I thought Ellie was our prime mover getting the ball forward, busting through packs and hitting up some short passes to advantage. Yeah she ran into trouble at times trying to do a bit to much but when she's got the ball she tries to make things happen that's what you want from your prime movers.

Egan as much as you say we need her she is fast becoming a liability with ball in hand. Needs to work on hitting up quick handballs to advantage that's her one wood because she is so slow her only out is to handball.

Personally the game these days is about run and carry. Once Sheerin is back the starting 3 should be Sheerin, McKenzie and Conti. Egan only to go in there for rotation.

I think you're being a bit hard on Grace Egan AT, Yes if Sheerin wasn't out injured then Grace isn't in our top 3 mids. What she does offer to the mids is balance, she's strong in the contest is a ball winner and strong in tackles. Sheerin doesn't have the greatest disposal either but has the explosiveness which sets her apart from Grace.

Hosking up forward was a good in today and adds more forward pressure, and I thought young Mackenzie Ford showed a bit in that area as well.

I am not questioning her ball winning ability as I think she goes in but that's where it ends. Ball use is pretty average.
Her handballs are quite often loopy to nowhere, its a common theme in her game. And before you know it the ball is going back the other way.

Sheerin is a beast, wins one on ones more times than not. I agree she's not always hitting targets this due to going full tilt as she is constantly providing run and carry. Strong in the air also and is a penetrating kick.

I am not questioning her ball winning ability as I think she goes in but that's where it ends. Ball use is pretty average.
Her handballs are quite often loopy to nowhere, its a common theme in her game. And before you know it the ball is going back the other way.

Sheerin is a beast, wins one on ones more times than not. I agree she's not always hitting targets this due to going full tilt as she is constantly providing run and carry. Strong in the air also and is a penetrating kick.
Egan seems to lack confidence in her decision making, and although I haven't seen this lately was then prone to getting caught holding the ball. Hopefully coaching can improve on this. Her lack of pace though is a concern as slower mids are going to get caught out more and more with the number of pacey midfielders joining the comp each year.

It was good to see Ellie Mac getting willing and wrestling with Parker at centre bounces. With her size I'd like to see her dominate her opponent a bit more but as an outside player she's one of the best in the comp.

Egan seems to lack confidence in her decision making, and although I haven't seen this lately was then prone to getting caught holding the ball. Hopefully coaching can improve on this. Her lack of pace though is a concern as slower mids are going to get caught out more and more with the number of pacey midfielders joining the comp each year.

It was good to see Ellie Mac getting willing and wrestling with Parker at centre bounces. With her size I'd like to see her dominate her opponent a bit more but as an outside player she's one of the best in the comp.
What impressed me most about Ellie was a pinpoint right foot pass she made.
She’s coming along nicely after a wipe out last last.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 2 Richmond vs GWS, Sun 08/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back