RDFL Thread 2010 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard Ty Elliott coach of Gisborne has been chasing "Petran the Puker".
Even rang him when his boss / coach (serg) was standing right next to him !
Perhaps he should have rung Petrans manager & mentor, Timmy Mac' if he wanted the inside running on the young guns signiture.
Got to hand it to Ty though, recruiting via Facebook is certainly a new one too.
One wonders how cash strapped Gissy are going to fund next seasons senior list anyway !

Whilst on the subject of recently retired Riddell champion premiership player Timmy McDonald, it seems he is fast becoming known as the Ricky Nixon of the RDFL. Apparently he was the force behind getting mug punter Mick Allen back to the Bombers and is currently urging Paul Merdon to continue playing on in 2010.
He is also now taken young guns, Peter Robertson & James Petran under his wing to try & broker the best 2010 playing contracts he can for them. Anyone interested in making them an offer can call Tim anytime.

He also has a strong and enduring friendship with 09 Bowen medalist Aaron Blade. Timmy was the first person Aaron called (in tears) on the night of his big win to share with him the joy of his stella achievement. And it is believed that Lee (slugga) James wont make a move on his playing future until he first runs it past Timmy Mac’ !
Some also suggest that Timmy is also the brains down at the Sunbury Lions and that he is in fact the Puppet Master & that coach Power is mearly just the hollow front man…… you know like Jeff Tracy of the Thunderbirds !
Who knows ????
But one thing is for certain…. McDonald is the “MAN” who can make things happen !

I tell you he IS……… why ?

He has just signed Trishna & Krishna to long term playing contracts, that’s why !

Whilst on the subject of recently retired Riddell champion premiership player Timmy McDonald, it seems he is fast becoming known as the Ricky Nixon of the RDFL. Apparently he was the force behind getting mug punter Mick Allen back to the Bombers and is currently urging Paul Merdon to continue playing on in 2010.
He is also now taken young guns, Peter Robertson & James Petran under his wing to try & broker the best 2010 playing contracts he can for them. Anyone interested in making them an offer can call Tim anytime.

He also has a strong and enduring friendship with 09 Bowen medalist Aaron Blade. Timmy was the first person Aaron called (in tears) on the night of his big win to share with him the joy of his stella achievement. And it is believed that Lee (slugga) James wont make a move on his playing future until he first runs it past Timmy Mac’ !

Some also suggest that Timmy is also the brains down at the Sunbury Lions and that he is in fact the Puppet Master & that coach Power is mearly just the hollow front man…… you know like Jeff Tracy of the Thunderbirds !
Who knows ????
But one thing is for certain…. McDonald is the “MAN” who can make things happen !

He has just signed Trishna & Krishna to long term playing contracts, that’s why !

HaHa Thats a pissa, So where is your son playing next year climo i heard his going back to Riddell!

Young Climas has had offers to play from more than five clubs -- four of which are in the RDFL.

From my understanding, Sunbury Kangaroos put in the best offer, however, one could not look past that magnificent and heart-felt letter the guys from Tony Clarke Oval used to entice him to the Cattery.

I read a copy of the letter the other day and wow, Macedon are desperate to land this young midfielder.

I'd say Riddell would be favourites though, with the Sunba Lions probably last behind Kilmore and Lancefield.

The James train departs Atkins St Oval!
November 17th, 2009

It’s now official that Aaron James has departed North Bendigo and will line up for Riddell District League Club Kilmore next season.

James who has informed Bulldogs Coach Jay Weston this morning of his move told Central Vic Footy it was a lifestyle decision he had made ” It’s just easier with the travel and on the wife and kids, and working every second Saturday morning in Melbourne made the travelling extremely difficult playing in the Heathcote League”.

The super boot who kicked 130 goals and won the Bulldogs Best & Fairest said he was excited by the new challenge at Kilmore ” They finished 3rd bottom this Season so we have a fair bit of work to do but the enthusiasm around the Club is fantastic at the moment with great numbers at training, and we have some great recruits coming into the side”.

While James will have no official title at the Club he will work closely with the Club’s young forwards to fast track their development.

It was a blow that the Bulldogs were preparing for and Coach Jay Weston said they will now up the ante recruiting a key forward ” We were hopeful that Aaron might return although we understand his reasons for playing at Kilmore and wish him luck, and now we must actively seek a quality forward”.

”The way we structure our forward line will obviously change somewhat now with Aaron gone, but we have already picked up Dean Watson and were hopeful that we can still be strong in attack” said Weston who will enter his second year at the helm of the Bulldogs.

The Dogs are also waiting on a decision from two time LVFL Harding Medalist Tim Wicks who would boost the Club’s big man stocks.

http://**********************/?p=2487

The James train departs Atkins St Oval!
November 17th, 2009

It’s now official that Aaron James has departed North Bendigo and will line up for Riddell District League Club Kilmore next season.

James who has informed Bulldogs Coach Jay Weston this morning of his move told Central Vic Footy it was a lifestyle decision he had made ” It’s just easier with the travel and on the wife and kids, and working every second Saturday morning in Melbourne made the travelling extremely difficult playing in the Heathcote League”.

The super boot who kicked 130 goals and won the Bulldogs Best & Fairest said he was excited by the new challenge at Kilmore ” They finished 3rd bottom this Season so we have a fair bit of work to do but the enthusiasm around the Club is fantastic at the moment with great numbers at training, and we have some great recruits coming into the side”.

While James will have no official title at the Club he will work closely with the Club’s young forwards to fast track their development.

It was a blow that the Bulldogs were preparing for and Coach Jay Weston said they will now up the ante recruiting a key forward ” We were hopeful that Aaron might return although we understand his reasons for playing at Kilmore and wish him luck, and now we must actively seek a quality forward”.

”The way we structure our forward line will obviously change somewhat now with Aaron gone, but we have already picked up Dean Watson and were hopeful that we can still be strong in attack” said Weston who will enter his second year at the helm of the Bulldogs.

The Dogs are also waiting on a decision from two time LVFL Harding Medalist Tim Wicks who would boost the Club’s big man stocks.

http://**********************/?p=2487

Good for the RDFL to have Uncle Fester playing at Kilmore !! hopefully plays more than he misses and doesnt kill anyone :thumbsu:

Lancefield pre-season starts tonight at Lancefield Park. New faces always welcome, bring boots, runners, bathers and towel.

all looking good at macedon at present have picked up a few players which will be released onced signed and cleared as we all no players train one night with one club another with another so untill the clearences come thru and they are cleared it is a bit to early to comment but we are hoping to push for a top 3 finsih this year.
Kilmore signing off james will be great for the league and a huge task for all full backs, rumours are broady are looking good with pick ups and will be forcing there hand at playing finals all shaping up for a big season, riddel losing chirs M is a big lose to

stay tunned

Lancefield pre-season starts tonight at Lancefield Park. New faces always welcome, bring boots, runners, bathers and towel.

I was a new bloke up at training last night and very impressed with the professional manner of training and the introduction of 10 or so new guys into the group. Felt a good hype amongst the boys with the addition of some new blokes to join in on the campaign in 2010.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows ????

maybe you should let timmy take over from you as manger of your son you cant be doing to good if he hasn't found a place to play yet in 2010

Any news out of Romsey ?? i know that Moorcroft is 150% signed on but other than that havent heard much at all ?? would think would be primed to try and go 1 better in 2010 !!

Any news out of Romsey ?? i know that Moorcroft is 150% signed on but other than that havent heard much at all ?? would think would be primed to try and go 1 better in 2010 !!

They didn't get the pokies . . . .

The Romsey football Netball club are very keen to go one better this year. Pre season training starts Monday 23rd November 6.30 at Romsey park.
New players welcome.

Anynoe game enough to make early predictions of who will be the big moves and sliders for 2010
i know it hard this early but this just going from what ive heard and that

This is a stab at the ladder - i could look lik a genuis or idiot in a few months

Romsey
Broadford
Sunbury
Kilmore
Lancefiled
Ridell

Woodsy
Wallan
Diggers
Macedon
Centrals
Rockbank

Anynoe game enough to make early predictions of who will be the big moves and sliders for 2010

This is a stab at the ladder - i could look lik a genuis or idiot in a few months

Romsey
Broadford
Sunbury
Kilmore
Lancefiled
Ridell

Woodsy
Wallan
Diggers
Macedon
Centrals
Rockbank

Would be very surprised to see Macedon drop to 3rd last and Lancefield to 5th.

Romsey
Broadford
Sunbury
Kilmore
Lancefiled
Ridell

Woodsy
Wallan
Diggers
Macedon
Centrals
Rockbank
After reading the artical in the local papers on the Sunbury recruiting spree, i would have to say they will be a formidable oponent for who ever comes up against them next year! Congratulations has to go out to Dean for all his efforts in signing all of the new recruits.

Romsey
Broadford
Sunbury
Kilmore
Lancefiled
Ridell

Woodsy
Wallan
Diggers
Macedon
Centrals
Rockbank

apart from aaron james who else have kilmore picked up to jump so high up the ladder ?
yes he will be a super pick up for them but he needs the ball to be fed to him by some quality onballers something which they havnt got enough of at the moment.
cant see them playing finals yes they will improve but at this stage dont see them making it.
riddell i honestly dont think they will make finals next season, having gained the signature of climas last night will help them but the rest of the comp has caught up to them now and i think they will just miss out

diggers will play finals they are always there abouts, so dont see them dropping so far down the ladder

macedon will certainly be no where near the bottom, what makes you think they will drop so low in one season?
they will be top three again next year.

the kangas are the unknown with all their new recruits, wil have to wait until the few few rounds to see how they gel as a team first before making any predictions

broadford are the same i picked them to play finals last year and they didnt get close.
perhaps with a year of rdfl footy under their belt things might change ?

Would be very surprised to see Macedon drop to 3rd last and Lancefield to 5th.

Agree Kings, focus on facts rather than crap talk when constructing things like above.

We have heard like 4 names mentioned on this forum about players coming to clubs and you're making predictions like Macedon finishing third last and Kilmore who won 3 games last year to play finals. Lancefield to 5th, no talk again about what happening up there. Sunbury to improve Yes, but still a fair gap for a side that didn't make finals. Romsey i agree will be up there, Broadford needs direction, who knows? Wallan, need discipline more than anything, and their a chance.

To early to be calling shots on here say.

anynoe game enough to make early predictions of who will be the big moves and sliders for 2010

this is a stab at the ladder - i could look lik a genuis or idiot in a few months

romsey
broadford
sunbury
kilmore
lancefiled
ridell

woodsy
wallan
diggers
macedon
centrals
rockbank

tigers
cats
bombers
redbacks
roos
burras
hawks
broady
pies
centrals
blues
rams

Agree Kings, focus on facts rather than crap talk when constructing things like above.

We have heard like 4 names mentioned on this forum about players coming to clubs and you're making predictions like Macedon finishing third last and Kilmore who won 3 games last year to play finals. Lancefield to 5th, no talk again about what happening up there. Sunbury to improve Yes, but still a fair gap for a side that didn't make finals. Romsey i agree will be up there, Broadford needs direction, who knows? Wallan, need discipline more than anything, and their a chance.

this is only sunquists opinion. why should he be getting bagged. who predicted lancefield last year?? you of all people should know that housey. maybe u and kings army can get a room togetha:thumbsdown:

This was Sunquist's pre christmas guess at a ladder, good to see he had the balls to do so..

I mean, look at your "facts".. Sunbury might not have made finals, but they were not so far from any of the top 6 sides and in some cases might have been the better side.. Macedon should remain consistent, the Tigers losing Ruffell will hurt, Broadford with such a big jump is questionable. Rumour has it that Matty Robertson (Nicholls not so secret man crush) is returning to Kilmore, the Hawks have been quiet, that's always a worry, Diggers have according to some recruited a couple of handy types, while Riddell have replaced Meacham with Matt Baird and Mick Allen. Talk is always abound at this time of the year and it is always about perception, but I will have a crack based solely on rumours coming out of each clubs camps pre Xmas..

Romsey - Hard to go past with Moorcroft and Green, should finish the year on top.
Sunbury - I will back in what Dean wants to do with this team, hopefully he gets all the support he needs.
Macedon - Will recruit again and will strengthen. End of the year is the concern.
Riddell - If Climas and Petran return, the list is good enough to push at top 2 again.
Lancefield - Losing Ruffell and Choate will hurt, will depend on recruits to replace.
Diggers Rest - Always around the mark, key is keeping the keys fit.

Woodend/Hesket - Based purely on how quiet they are at the moment, always the worry.
Kilmore - Recruiting James and Robbo will help, but maybe not enough quality to help Booker.
Broadford - Will have some guys returning, but will it be enough?
Wallan - Well coached and have the ability to recruit, wouldn't be surprised if they are pushing for a top 6 spot.
Melton Centrals - Sure to surprise, several Melton South players apparently being lured with the new coach.
Rockbank - Losing leadership, will need to do a massive amount of recruiting for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back