RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well picked up! Actually it wasn't just the last quarter - it was every quarter. The time clocked jumped around and I couldn't work out what was going on. The time clock would jump back and forth in a confusing way. Hopefully someone on this site will be able to explain what was going on.
They just had the 20 minute clock but it stopped at each stoppage and goal ect

I see Western Rams were playing at max player point’s yesterday (50) compared to Wallan’s 39 out of a possible 42 and still get flogged by 24 goals. Goes to show that the point’s system does not work well for them anyway!

I see Western Rams were playing at max player point’s yesterday (50) compared to Wallan’s 39 out of a possible 42 and still get flogged by 24 goals. Goes to show that the point’s system does not work well for them anyway!
Might not work well for them this year or even next, but if these new recruits stick around next year and the year after…..they drop a point each year, therefore allowing more room to recruit and top up on top of what they already have.
Player points aren’t going to change things overnight, but if done well and recruited well you can see the benefit of it over a 3-4 year period (provided you retain the original players and they are 1/2 decent).

100% theirs to lose
Top 4 is pretty much set with only 5 th up for grabs and romsey should grab that.
Big fall from grace from Macedon over the last few years , hearing very much a “boys” club now , had a look at them yesterday and they won’t bother to many sides above them at all.
3-5 wins for the year at best
They are spending a bit on their net ballers though so guess they have their priorities right hey….
Just trying to work this one out regarding Macedon. It’s a “boys” club, but spending a bit of money on their netballers. Seems like a bit of a contradiction.

Might not work well for them this year or even next, but if these new recruits stick around next year and the year after…..they drop a point each year, therefore allowing more room to recruit and top up on top of what they already have.
Player points aren’t going to change things overnight, but if done well and recruited well you can see the benefit of it over a 3-4 year period (provided you retain the original players and they are 1/2 decent).
Points is a tough comparison, would love to see the salary cap discrepancy.

Is that score between Macedon and wallan correct ?
Macedon kicked a point a qtr after kicking 3 goals in the first
If correct they are in a world of pain , Lancefield and rockbank would seriously fancy their chances against them if that’s what they are producing

If correct they are in a world of pain , Lancefield and rockbank would seriously fancy their chances against them if that’s what they are producing
After Lancefield beating centrals today , they should start as favourites against the cats next week.

After Lancefield beating centrals today , they should start as favourites against the cats next week.
Not should start favs will start favs for sure !
And should easily account for them going on present form
Is there a lot of injuries at Macedon or are they actually just that bad ?

Correct.
Wallan very good after 1/4 time.

Anyone at Romsey?
Good result for them. Started the season well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macedon has some really good 17/19s kids, 3 have already played 2 games each and potentially another 4-5 will get a game at some stage.

Macedon has some really good 17/19s kids, 3 have already played 2 games each and potentially another 4-5 will get a game at some stage.
I know there hasn't been anything like what we all saw in the edfl game, but with what the edfl hq has handed down to all clubs, limiting the clubs with people on the grounds etc, what's peoples thoughts about it happening in the rdfnl?

There was talk it wasnt just because of that game last week, but the juniors as well contributing to their decision as well.

I have heard some pretty ordinary behaviour in the juniors, but as an overall, think it hasn't been that bad, or am i wrong?

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did Cal Williamson only get concussed vs Lancefield 2 weeks ago?
Is he ok?
He’s a good player in the comp to watch.

Where to for Western Rams, Playing with 41 points and not to score.

Have to keep grinding away. They have some good players on their list it’s unfortunate to see how it’s going but it is what it is. Div 3 WRFL next year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back