RDFNL 2023 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less and less people playing means less people have to travel which means country footy clubs miss out

Last edited:
Why go into debt which hurts a club long term. It’s a business at the end of the day and you need to live within your means.
That's why I said if mate. Much rather see them having a game each week rather than fold.

I’ve heard Rams have more than plenty when it comes to the $. Hopefully they can really turn it around next year there are some great people there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Despite results on the weekend Rams have actually improved, season perhaps getting a bit long now but pushed some good sides earlier in year and would think the average margin has reduced. Just need to stay the course, they also have a large supporter base and volunteer network now.

Lancefield are vastly improved and seemed to have turned the corner. Would be surprised if they don’t take a scalp before years end, midfield is comparable to some top 4 sides.

Despite results on the weekend Rams have actually improved, season perhaps getting a bit long now but pushed some good sides earlier in year and would think the average margin has reduced. Just need to stay the course, they also have a large supporter base and volunteer network now.

Lancefield are vastly improved and seemed to have turned the corner. Would be surprised if they don’t take a scalp before years end, midfield is comparable to some top 4 sides.
Western Rams really need one of Giants or Eynsbury to get senior team. But both those will improve quickly as they have junior programs so it might only be a couple of opportunities for a win.

Might be coincidence but since the grand final left Lancefield so too has their success.

Western Rams really need one of Giants or Eynsbury to get senior team. But both those will improve quickly as they have junior programs so it might only be a couple of opportunities for a win.

Might be coincidence but since the grand final left Lancefield so too has their success.

I think as Kilmore Romsey Woodend and maybe Kyneton grow Lancefeild will be able to get more players from those areas in time to come. Population growth isn’t the biggest out there for home grown talent. I remember playing lancefeild in the under 18s about 8 years ago and they had a few kids from Assumption, I wonder if they are still getting players from there ?

I think as Kilmore Romsey Woodend and maybe Kyneton grow Lancefeild will be able to get more players from those areas in time to come. Population growth isn’t the biggest out there for home grown talent. I remember playing lancefeild in the under 18s about 8 years ago and they had a few kids from Assumption, I wonder if they are still getting players from there ?

Assumption not as good as it used to be unfortunately

Giants had been looking to field a senior side in 2024 but the talk seems to have gone quiet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they rely heavily on Assumption players. Hence their withdrawal from the 19s competition during the season. Did not have sufficient non Assumption players to regularly field a team.

Yes they rely heavily on Assumption players. Hence their withdrawal from the 19s competition during the season. Did not have sufficient non Assumption players to regularly field a team.

That was pretty much the case when we use to play them in around 2014/15. I think I’ve only played lancefeild 3 times lol.

I’ve heard Rams have more than plenty when it comes to the $. Hopefully they can really turn it around next year there are some great people there.

There is no doubt some good people there , as there is at any club
Can anyone confirm that the president has had a long tenure at the top ?
As I’ve heard from multiile
People that this could be the thing holding them back ?
If they don’t get it right next year surely it’s time for the rdfl to say sorry guys you have had x amount of years to get your club in order and havnt made a single bit of improvement it’s time to go ?
Clearly flying players in is a complete waste of money

Great to see Macedon running another raffle this year ? Didn’t last years raffle end in disaster without a winner being announced ? I smell a rat here be careful when forking out your hard earned $

I know of at least a dozen people who thought they would support the club with zero affiliation with it and purchase a ticket , same dozen never received a ticket , never had a reply to email sent about their purchases never informed of any winners
One of the seediest run raffles going about

There is no doubt some good people there , as there is at any club
Can anyone confirm that the president has had a long tenure at the top ?
As I’ve heard from multiile
People that this could be the thing holding them back ?
If they don’t get it right next year surely it’s time for the rdfl to say sorry guys you have had x amount of years to get your club in order and havnt made a single bit of improvement it’s time to go ?
Clearly flying players in is a complete waste of money
Who flew players in? You are completely misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back