RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if there's any thought to the league extending the 1/4ers? 22-25 minutes just seems to go so quick.
Couldn’t agree anymore

alternating between Bendigo and Riddell games most weeks, RDFL is too short

On average about 10 mins less per quarter but an extra 5 minutes between each break

Time on should defiantly be called when the ball goes out of bounds, not just after goals like it is in the RDFL

Couldn’t agree anymore

alternating between Bendigo and Riddell games most weeks, RDFL is too short

On average about 10 mins less per quarter but an extra 5 minutes between each break

Time on should defiantly be called when the ball goes out of bounds, not just after goals like it is in the RDFL
It’s the time keepers, whether under instruction by the league or not, they don’t stop the clock during the quarter outside of goals for some reason. All EDFL quarters seem to go for 30 mins, where as Riddell consistently under 25 mins. Often 3/4 time of metro games at completion of a Riddell DFL game.

It’s the time keepers, whether under instruction by the league or not, they don’t stop the clock during the quarter outside of goals for some reason. All EDFL quarters seem to go for 30 mins, where as Riddell consistently under 25 mins. Often 3/4 time of metro games at completion of a Riddell DFL game.
I've always noticed that Grem. RDFL games are complete whilst EDFL games are still going with plenty of play left yet they start at the same time. Here I was thinking playHQ wasn't working again

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Correct, the games run 20 mins and time on and it shows out the most in finals (or it had done, can't remember if they changed it last year), but the U19's and Reserves played 25 minute flat quarters in finals and the seniors maintained 20 plus time on and majority of the minor games ran much longer than the senior finals.

For senior football, it is far too short.

Correct, the games run 20 mins and time on and it shows out the most in finals (or it had done, can't remember if they changed it last year), but the U19's and Reserves played 25 minute flat quarters in finals and the seniors maintained 20 plus time on and majority of the minor games ran much longer than the senior finals.

When I was playing in the 18s it was 20 without time. Ressies were 25 and the seniors were 20 with time. Obviously it's changed to a certain degree?

When I was playing in the 18s it was 20 without time. Ressies were 25 and the seniors were 20 with time. Obviously it's changed to a certain degree?

That might be right actually.

But either way, the Reserves were playing 25 minute quarters and the senior games often lasted between 21 and 24 minutes. No Reserves quarters should be longer than that of the Seniors.

i didnt know that so that does explain why some of the numbers regarding posessions and team stats are often well below other competiions and the scoring too.

But either way, the Reserves were playing 25 minute quarters and the senior games often lasted between 21 and 24 minutes. No Reserves quarters should be longer than that of the Seniors.
Is this a district league thing? It's actually first I've ever really heard any discussion on it?

AFL games are 20 mins plus time on aren’t they?

AFL games are 20 mins plus time on aren’t they?

They also have clock stoppages at every out of bounds and multiple points of play. The RDFNL only stop after a score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reserves and 19.5 only go for 20 minutes now.

It would certainly explain why the rep sides both ran out of legs in their games.

They also have clock stoppages at every out of bounds and multiple points of play. The RDFNL only stop after a score.
Also when umpires blows time on.
But the Rdfnl have different rules about when the ball goes out of bounds and a few other things. Making mush less time on average 3 mins while afl has average of around 7 mins.

Reserves are also 20 mins no time on same as 19’s.

Fairly decisive. Was going to go and have a look. Glad I opted to stay at home in front of the fire.

Amazing result.

Welcome back, Steven Boyall who I personally thought was outstanding. Throw in Gilchrist (B) and Stewart (C) who both played leading rolls in the win as well. Could add another 5 or 6 who all played well too.

The race for 5th is interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back