RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you saying he should just take it? The tactic seemed pretty obvious to me, so maybe the best bet would’ve been to move him.

As I also said before, only one bloke left the ground from a punch and he didn’t play for Lancefield.
Yes that’s exactly what he should do, show some metal and put the team before himself. Don’t get too hung up on Jakey mate, he’ll be gone in a month and Wallan will be better for it. Could get enough on for him to be carded in a Granny

Yes that’s exactly what he should do, show some metal and put the team before himself. Don’t get too hung up on Jakey mate, he’ll be gone in a month and Wallan will be better for it. Could get enough on for him to be carded in a Granny
I’m not hung up on him. I also think he should just walk away, but like everyone else on the ground he has a right to be protected too.

I’m not hung up on him. I also think he should just walk away, but like everyone else on the ground he has a right to be protected too.
I saw nothing that you don’t see every week at the local footy, and he couldn’t put up with it for ten minutes.
Are you saying he should just take it? The tactic seemed pretty obvious to me, so maybe the best bet would’ve been to move him.

As I also said before, only one bloke left the ground from a punch and he didn’t play for Lancefield.
The lancefield full back was 100 metres away from the bloke who was assisted from the field.
I’m saying he should react as an intelligent experienced player would ie not hit a player several times 5 metres from the goal umpires when the play is 50 metres away.

Come finals, Wallan will go out in straight sets. They boast about scoring 100 against the last team on the ladder, yet fail miserably in 3 out of 4 games against Diggers and Riddell, proving they're pretenders.

Come finals, Wallan will go out in straight sets. They boast about scoring 100 against the last team on the ladder, yet fail miserably in 3 out of 4 games against Diggers and Riddell, proving they're pretenders.
Mate, I could get another account and troll you blokes you know. LoL

I saw nothing that you don’t see every week at the local footy, and he couldn’t put up with it for ten minutes.

Same here which is why I was surprised he was carded at 1/4 time.

Comes back on and it goes on. Then again after halftime until the red.

The lancefield full back was 100 metres away from the bloke who was assisted from the field.

I never said he hit the Wallan bloke.

I’m saying he should react as an intelligent experienced player would ie not hit a player several times 5 metres from the goal umpires when the play is 50 metres away.

As I said, you could see it coming and yes maybe he should’ve walked away (a bit hard when the bloke follows you around the ground) but he’s entitled to the same protection as everyone else on the ground.

Same here which is why I was surprised he was carded at 1/4 time.

Comes back on and it goes on. Then again after halftime until the red.

I never said he hit the Wallan bloke.

As I said, you could see it coming and yes maybe he should’ve walked away (a bit hard when the bloke follows you around the ground) but he’s entitled to the same protection as everyone else on the ground.
No different to a gun mid who gets tagged each week. You work hard through it

In Jake’s defence sitting up forward is much easier for he’s opponent to get stuck into him. Maybe they should try him at CHB, could free him up.

Haven’t seen any boasting from Wallan after defeating Lancefield.They at least got appreciably closer to Riddell than Diggers did a couple of weeks ago.

Silly first post. Hopefully your follow up posts are a lot more insightful and constructive.

No different to a gun mid who gets tagged each week. You work hard through it

That's a fair point.

In Jake’s defence sitting up forward is much easier for he’s opponent to get stuck into him. Maybe they should try him at CHB, could free him up.

Good idea. Not sure it will be relevant moving forward.

Haven’t seen any boasting from Wallan after defeating Lancefield.They at least got appreciably closer to Riddell than Diggers did a couple of weeks ago.

Lancefield were excellent. Got some terrific kids and gave Wallan a fright and made them earn the win. The 100 point thing was about it being the first time they've conceded that many all year despite being winless. Great effort I thought.

Silly first post. Hopefully your follow up posts are a lot more insightful and constructive.

I know who it is and doubt they'll post again.

Lancefield were excellent. Got some terrific kids and gave Wallan a fright and made them earn the win. The 100 point thing was about it being the first time they've conceded that many all year despite being winless. Great effort I thought.
i must admit i read it that way as reference to there defence record. definitely on paper not a horrible bottom of the ladde3r winless team. shows how close the rdfl has become as a comepetiton which is a good ting.

Macedon up to old tricks again ! Who in their right mind would draw a raffle and not tell people who won ??? Hiding behind a legal loophole it’s disgraceful

525f1599739d3fceb76f65a1054201d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macedon up to old tricks again ! Who in their right mind would draw a raffle and not tell people who won ??? Hiding behind a legal loophole it’s disgraceful

That's a bit of an odd take.

i enter a lot of online competitions and often dont tick the box. drawing a pretty long bow here. all clubs have missed the mark at some ppoint in their history. even player coaching payments raise plenty of questions as its not the committees money at the end of the day. rarely though would communities or members allow the same group of peple to do it twice. pretty sure a bit ober a decade ago there was even a cloud over this league and its financdes. put trophies or money in front of adults and therell always be a rare one or two who look to do silly things.
if clubs let it happen twice however well then thats on them to own.

Last edited:
That's a bit of an odd take.
Some just prefer to stir the pot than contribute anything worthwhile, unfortunately.
I'm a visitor to this thread but appreciate that the convo is generally respectful, whatever has occurred in the past can remain there.

imagine a red card in a final to a critical key player whos then cleared but his her team eliminated in a close one.
least for jake he qualifies for a full match payment with deduction given he wasnt at fault.

imagine a red card in a final to a critical key player whos then cleared but his her team eliminated in a close one.
least for jake he qualifies for a full match payment with deduction given he wasnt at fault.
Just clarifying for all, the red card was given as it was the second send off in the game. The report was minor striking and the charge was not sustained.
Not directed at you Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back