goalpie

Premiership Player
Mar 29, 2005
Up a crack
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pink Sydney Swines
What Collingwood really needs is a real cleanout. There are many players that are going to go and with early picks, its a good time clean out the current coaching structure and have a fresh start.

Things will otherwise keep going along the same way otherwise.

I just conducted a litle experiment. Coped and pasted our list into notepad, and deleted the players that DONT have a question mark on their playing futures (expected retirees excluded)
This is what i have left.

Cole, Richard
Promised so much.. showed so little. I can't see him being on our list next year. Perhaps the one player we might actually get something for in a trade.

Davidson, Tom
Obvious reasons. MM looks like he's persisting with this kid though, so we'd like to see him actually play some games some time soon. If he does get delisted this season i will be disgusted though. If they were going to delist him they shouldve done it last year. We've basically carried an extra name on our list for a season for nothing.

Davis, Leon
Possible trade bait, but i'd keep him. Has really lifted his attitude/game in the 2nd half of the season.

Hall, Brent
Doesnt really seem like we're going to get anything out of him, ever.

King, David D
Read Brent Hall. I havent really seen to much of him myself, but doesnt seem to have many fans.

Leonard, Zane
Think his rookie listing expires anyway. I would be absolutely astounded if we retain him.

Lockyer, Tarkyn
This is the type of player we should be looking to trade. It's time to bite the bullet. He has trouble hitting targets WAY to often, and has a habit of bobbing up when the games pretty much over. We might actually get something of value for him.

Lokan, Matthew
Looks to be a goner

Lonie, Ryan
Read Richie Cole.

Morrison, Billy
Read Brent Hall.

Morrison, Chad
Even though we didnt really lose anything for him, to me he seems to be a waste of space on the list. I'm not a fan. He is by no means our worst player, but he aint a great contributer. He'd be a good depth player for a good side. Unfortunately we dont have that, and by the time we do he'll be long into retirement.

O'Bree, Shane
Not a fan. Read Tarkyn Lockyer. for someone who's pretty good at finding the ball, he's got shocking disposal. Pretty unaccountable, he ain't gonna help us climb the ladder much.

Richards, Guy
Has got to be challenging Lee walker for the most injury prone player to pull on the black and white. Seriously should consider as trade bait. If not, and he has another injury interupted season next year, then he simply has to go. Shame cause he seems like he has abit of talent.

Shaw, Brayden
Obviously already gone...

Walker, Tristen
I'm actually one of the few that don't mind him too much. I dont know what i see in him, but i've seen him do some pretty good things. There's definitly players on our list with worse skills than him, his height is very handy. That said i havent seen much of his williamstown form which seems to have disgusted anyone. Not too sure on him.

Williams, Andrew
Why oh why we retained him is beyond me. Cost us 1 year development of a youngster.

Woewodin, Shane
Had enough of this guy. Couldnt play with any less heart if he tried. Holds the ball up way too much, for someone of his experience and age, he is way too indecisive. Soft. Won a brownlow for his "slick skills", yet seems to not mind the odd turnover. Gotta go down in history as one of the worst brownlow medallists. His contract is not worth renewal, If so only for one season, and only as a depth player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see the following delistings:
Williams
Lokan
Shaw. B (already confirmed)
Walker
King
Morrison. B
Morrison. C
Hall

Would like to see the following players traded for REASONABLE return:
Lockyer
Cole
Davis
Woewodin (if not traded, keep on a heaviliy reduced contract)
Holland (Licuria must be returned to his run with role full time. Not knocking Holland's contributions, I just think he's expendable and may get us a good return)

Players who should be on their LAST CHANCE (not negotiable)
Lonie
O'Bree
Cloke. J
Cole (if not traded)
Woewodin (if not traded)
Lockyer (if not traded)
Davis (if not traded)
Davidson

Safe as houses (for next year at least)
Buckley
Burns
Caracella
Clement
Cloke. C
Cloke. T
Didak
Egan
Fraser
Iacobucci
Johnson (although his current situation has me a little worried)
Licuria (especially if he reverts to a full time run with role)
Maxwell
Prestigiacomo
Richards (would like to see 1 injury free season at least)
Rocca
Rowe (although he is a hope and pray inclusion.Needs to work on disposal)
Rusling
Shaw. H
Shaw. R
Swan
Tarrant
Wakelin

Malthouse should be on his last chance. Another bad year would just be a joke. The other coaches add very little to the side especially Gotch who cant develop young players.

goalpie said:
Malthouse should be on his last chance. Another bad year would just be a joke. The other coaches add very little to the side especially Gotch who cant develop young players.

And the 20 players on our injury list is all MM's fault.

Try thinking about things it is a marvellous feeling

Murray said:
And the 20 players on our injury list is all MM's fault.

Try thinking about things it is a marvellous feeling

Keep sticking you head in the sand.

We had 22 players on Saturday. The problem is we didnt have 22 players who even tried.

Also, we didnt have a game plan and Murray, whos fault is that.

And dont forget, Davies 9 marks and Shaw 9 marks. These 2 players are first year players and did a better job than 100+ players. Now why would that be.

goalpie said:

We had 22 players on Saturday. The problem is we didnt have 22 players who even tried.

And dont forget, Davies 9 marks and Shaw 9 marks. These 2 players are first year players and did a better job than 100+ players. Now why would that be.

How do you know we didn't have a game plan?
What you really mean is our game plan on the day failed. They are different things.
Shyte how old are you?

Your last point agrees with me and contradicts yourself.

Go back to blaming Islam for all the ills of the world

Murray said:
How do you know we didn't have a game plan?
What you really mean is our game plan on the day failed. They are different things.
Shyte how old are you?

Your last point agrees with me and contradicts yourself.

Go back to blaming Islam for all the ills of the world

Well what was our game plan then. Maybe it was not to have a game plan. That could pass as a game plan.

As for your point, who the hell would know what that is.

Go cuddle your beloved terrorists, doesnt worry me.

goalpie said:

Just what is a game plan? What do Collingwood like to do? About the only difference in teams game plans is how sides deliver the ball forward. Every side keeps possession coming out of the back half, and we like to hit targets inside 50 rather than kick to a spot. In our current team you gather the ball accross half back or the center and who do you see? an empty void! And when Josh is in the ruck he is effectively another onballer who can kick goals and without him we are operating with 1 short in our midfield. Yes our midfield needs to be rebuilt but we are not a complete mess like say a Carlton.

Like everyone
Williams
Lokan
B Morrison
Hall
B Shaw
then either King, Woewodin, H Shaw
We need 5 new players not just Harry, Fanning and Davies

Draft picks 2, 5, 23, 39 then name our rookies although Davies and Harry should be able to stay as rookies.

If we take any more 18 year olds they will get beaten up like Egan, Rusling and T Cloke have this year. They just need big bodies around them. The Big Italian would be a start, Josh would help then you can include other solid bodies even young Cam Cloke likes to throw his weight around.

Hey but we need to get a couple a fast midfielders maybe a skinny Richie Cole and Didak with a full preseason and a little bit of common sense to put with his great talent (so no elbows or mouthing off) he needs to just get the ball and kick the goals which he was born to do.

Deliedo ( how ever you spell it) would be a fair swap

Then Williams for Judd

Lokan for Cooney

It would help our mid field

Remove this Banner Ad

Real Cleanout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back