Toast Reece Conca - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

welcome Reece
He’s on a fair bit of coin and I wouldn’t mind seeing him wearing 29 given that he’s a bit older than most of the team and will probably step right into a leadership role on/off field

Uncanny resemblance really...

d3cd93cfbf515e221ad1235f68dab7d9.jpg
200px-Reece_Conca_2017.4.jpg

Do not adjust the contrast on your screen.

I was not keen to get Conca in, but hopefully he is a success at Freo.
Are there some parallels with our first ever free agent signed?
If I remember correctly Danyle Pearce was the first free agent signed in the first free agent period & went on to serve Freo well over the journey.
Hopefully Conca, who has also been maligned, like Pearce does just as well for us.
On a side note I had lunch with a mate who is a Tigers fan & he didn't especially rate him as a player, but definitely rated him as a good person who will be a great clubman.
I mentioned that one horrible incident & that it was probably out of character, when my mate told me that his unfortunate little nephew is very sick & the Richmond football team have given him lots of attention, & Conca has been especially supportive of the child, spending extra time with the kid.
Just a little story to share to show Conca's true character

I don’t see it, but OK, I’ll do what you say.

Antoni Grover maybe. Solid workhorse but ultimately warming the seat for a better player.
Was never a fan, but sincerely hope he can bring some positives to the table.

My son referred to him as ‘another Colin Sylvia’ - hope not!!!

Nah. For all his shortcomings he is nothing like Sylvia, total opposite if anything. Colin was talented but lazy as hell, Conca is pretty average but he works hard. He'll be the stocky fantapants version of Danyle Pearce for us imo.

i think some of you guys are a bit overly cynical of the move which is misplaced , reece held his own in a very strong midfield , good contested ball winner , is reliable for a solid 20p week in week out, his knock that he never seemed to rise above that level and really hurt the oppo, however reliable contested mids that can play **** up free football cant be underestimated. hes a real quality person highly regarded at rfc , i never imagined he'd leave but can completely understand as I don't imagine he would have been offered more than base level , i wish him the best and thank him for his service to the RFC

i think some of you guys are a bit overly cynical of the move which is misplaced , reece held his own in a very strong midfield , good contested ball winner , is reliable for a solid 20p week in week out, his knock that he never seemed to rise above that level and really hurt the oppo, however reliable contested mids that can play **** up free football cant be underestimated. hes a real quality person highly regarded at rfc , i never imagined he'd leave but can completely understand as I don't imagine he would have been offered more than base level , i wish him the best and thank him for his service to the RFC
It’s good to hear something positive about the guy from his previous club.

Many of us loved Chris Mayne but were happy to see him go. His move proved to be very successful for him. Let’s hope Conca becomes refreshed as well!

Wish Reece all the best. Was always a scapegoat at the tiges and probably part of that due to his top 10 draft position. Will never die wondering as always puts his heart into it although like other posters have said is subject to the occasional brain fade. Hopefully he gets a good run at it as he’s one of those guys who leaves your club but you want to see do really well, just a great character.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Antoni Grover maybe. Solid workhorse but ultimately warming the seat for a better player.

Nah. For all his shortcomings he is nothing like Sylvia, total opposite if anything. Colin was talented but lazy as hell, Conca is pretty average but he works hard. He'll be the stocky fantapants version of Danyle Pearce for us imo.

Grover! Yes. That's the one. Always got him and Hayden mixed up.

I don’t know what to make of Reece, some weeks he was great other weeks he’ll be made a scapegoat. He’s had terrible luck with injuries so hope he gets a clean run now. Was in career best form before he had his foot injury last year. So maybe it’s just a confidence thing with him, new club might bring that out of him. Good luck

Good get. Mature body will allow us to manage game / midfield time for the young blokes.

Hopefully brings some Richmond IP with him.

In before the inevitable "Ross will beat that out of him" :)

I was not keen to get Conca in, but hopefully he is a success at Freo.
Are there some parallels with our first ever free agent signed?
If I remember correctly Danyle Pearce was the first free agent signed in the first free agent period & went on to serve Freo well over the journey.
Hopefully Conca, who has also been maligned, like Pearce does just as well for us.
On a side note I had lunch with a mate who is a Tigers fan & he didn't especially rate him as a player, but definitely rated him as a good person who will be a great clubman.
I mentioned that one horrible incident & that it was probably out of character, when my mate told me that his unfortunate little nephew is very sick & the Richmond football team have given him lots of attention, & Conca has been especially supportive of the child, spending extra time with the kid.
Just a little story to share to show Conca's true character

You’re not setting bar very high mate. I hope he does better than that!

Yep, every Tiger supporter I know says the same, good clubman but average footballer.

All the best to Reece and your mob next years as others have said he works hard both ways and is the first to fly the flag or celebrate a team goal pick up one of his team mates off the ground etc. tackles hard and is quicker then you think creative with his hands but his kicking lets him down

Will be one to lift standards at training and morale of a group

18 games last season. And you guys had a contract in front of him.
The contract offered was so poor he had to move. It was better than delisting, as it may have caused some angst between the playing group for he was well liked.

I hope he goes well for Freo. Just can't see it. Good luck.

Welcome to Freo Reece...a tackle machine is just what we need. I hope your time here is a great sucess and you win 3 premiership medals over your upcoming contract.

welcome Reece
He’s on a fair bit of coin and I wouldn’t mind seeing him wearing 29 given that he’s a bit older than most of the team and will probably step right into a leadership role on/off field
wtf? no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Reece Conca - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back