Relocation within Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is this from?

I get that it's just a visual guide, but Richmond Station is going over the road, but under the ground? That grade is a bit more than 2%. And there's no way those left two soccer pitches are going to survive an MCG game day crowd, let alone year after year of them.

This can't be from anything official.
Looks like Richmond station remains above the ground to me, and the tracks are covered but not necessarily sunk.

Looks like Richmond station remains above the ground to me, and the tracks are covered but not necessarily sunk.
You didn't answer where it came from.

And unless those soccer pitches are on a sharp incline, thats not physically possible. The rail is above the road, so anything built above that would be 4-5 stories above ground.

It's a Seinfeld hallway problem.

You didn't answer where it came from.

And unless those soccer pitches are on a sharp incline, thats not physically possible. The rail is above the road, so anything built above that would be 4-5 stories above ground.

It's a Seinfeld hallway problem.
I'm not sure what you don't get about building a flat roof over train tracks.

The soccer fields in that map would be at the same height as the current overpasses, which are nowhere near as high as 4-5 stories above ground.

I'm not sure what you don't get about building a flat roof over train tracks.

The soccer fields in that map would be at the same height as the current overpasses, which are nowhere near as high as 4-5 stories above ground.
4-5 stories at punt road, tapering down. Like I said, its all on an angle. The only way this works is if the station gets buried.

You oddly refuse to say where this came from.

4-5 stories at punt road,
No that's just simply wrong. The tracks are one storey off the ground at the highest point (pretty obvious when you think about it--elevated for motor vehicles to pass under, not ships). The covering would just be an additional storey above that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Relocation within Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back