MrFurious

Rookie
Jul 30, 2003
Bayswater North
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Can someone PLEASE let me know what the difference is between the Dustin Fletcher (against Freo) and Scott Burns (in the GF) hits are? Weren't BOTH players in the air at the time of impact? Weren't BOTH looking at the man, not the ball?
The only difference that I can see is the fact that the Freo wet noodle got straight back up, UNHARMED, whereas Jonathon Brown can't remember the first 1/4....
Where the F#@K is the consistancy????
And Fletcher is the one who's rubbed out!!!
All this cr@p about prior record being taken into account is rubbish...if you hit/shirt front/kick/gouge...any other player, and it's clear for all the world to see, you MUST be suspended...if you've done the same thing 10 times before, you should have the same penalty each time...
The only evidence that should be admissable is each players account of what happened, the umpires account, and any video footage that may exist. All of these biomechanists, etc, should have no part in proceedings... This is not a court of law...it is a sports tribunal...

Scott Burns didn't raise an elbow, and hit Brown square in the chest. It was a really good shirt front. It was also opportunistic. They were both going for the ball, coming at each other when Burns laid it. And Brown's grogginess came from hitting the ground not the shirt front.

If I remember the Fletcher incident right, he raised his elbow (he usually does), and made contact with the head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reports and Trial by Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Back