Injury Rhys Stanley - Possible Punctured Lung

Remove this Banner Ad

stkildathunda

DEMPSTERED
10k Posts St Kilda Saints - Tom Ledger 2012 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2011 Player Sponsor St Kilda Saints - Nicholas Heyne 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 7, 2008
Inside The Circle Of Zen
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd
Rhys is off to have scans and they apparently fear punctured lung. Hope to god he's alright and its just cracked rib or two!

Luke Holmesby@AFL_Luke
Rhys Stanley was on his feet in Saints rooms but had the green whistle (pain relief) with tubes through his nose.

EDIT: Doc Larkins reckons collapsed lung for Rhys Stanley. Poor bloke really cant take a trick can he

When did this happen? Was it in a marking contest?

All the best to him, and hopefully a speedy recovery!

When Scarlett pushed him into marking contest and Lonergon cleaned him up when he came back with flight of ball

He just can't take a trick, everytime he starts looking good he cops a bloody injury.

Just hope he is OK long term, he has the off season to recover now so hopefully should be right for pre-season.

We need to rebuild him Terminator style over summer.

With Stanley injured with a possible punctured lung, can we move him to the long term injury list and upgrade one of our rookies? I think it will be a good idea as we can get some games into the rookies and see exactly what they've got, before we upgrade them.

With Stanley injured with a possible punctured lung, can we move him to the long term injury list and upgrade one of our rookies? I think it will be a good idea as we can get some games into the rookies and see exactly what they've got, before we upgrade them.

+1, does anyone know if we can, without affecting stanley's chances of playing round 1 next year?

curren/ferguson might be worth a shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5315/newsid/144936/default.aspx

Scans last night on St Kilda forward Rhys Stanley have cleared the 21-year-old of any structural damage.

Stanley was injured during a heavy clash in a marking contest with Geelong defender Tom Lonergan during the third quarter.

Rhys did not return after three-quarter time and went to Epworth Hospital at the conclusion of the game for scans.
His availability for next Saturday’s home game against Greater Western Sydney will be subject to further assessment during the week.

Seriously? Starting to look like Kosi 2.0 at this rate...

Hope everything turns out well for his health.

He' still pretty skinny, but it can be a concern when someone so athletic bulks up. They end up carrying extra load on all their joints, and losing the pace that made them special in the first place.

As for like Kosi, I've never seen big Kos get down to ground level like Rhys.

Great that Rhys is OK.

Ironically only Minchington and Andreoli are long term injured right now, they are already rookies, and cant do much about trying to lock down their future. Might be a good time if anyone needs a bit of an arthroscope or something though.
Curren could use a run.

Andreoli been back for 2 weeks mate

He' still pretty skinny, but it can be a concern when someone so athletic bulks up. They end up carrying extra load on all their joints, and losing the pace that made them special in the first place.

As for like Kosi, I've never seen big Kos get down to ground level like Rhys.

The club are being stupid with Rhys. I can't believe we are not learning from Hampson at Carlton. They are just so similar for mine. You play these giant (202cm) athletic freaks as a week-in-week-out player before they are 23 and problems follow.

I was quite shocked when Stanley was named in the team, because at this stage of his career, he should ideally return through the VFL. That's really good news he hasn't suffered any serious damage through that collision. It's about time his luck changed for the better.

Hopefully Stanley can further build up his strength over the summer like he did last summer to become more durable but he hasn't had much luck either.

We need to get him out on the park more often as we are a much better team with him there. He has the potential to be a superstar if he can just get his body right.

Just glad we've locked him in for a few more years as he should be hitting his peak over the next few years.

Hopefully Stanley can further build up his strength over the summer like he did last summer to become more durable but he hasn't had much luck either.

We need to get him out on the park more often as we are a much better team with him there. He has the potential to be a superstar if he can just get his body right.

Just glad we've locked him in for a few more years as he should be hitting his peak over the next few years.
Impact injury, no matter what guns he has it was not going to reduce the impact in this instance, I wouldn't have thought

Don't want him too bulky, don't want to diminish his speed or leap

Do whatever needs doing to reduce the chance of soft tissue leg injuries. At his speed, no wonder he twigs a hammy now and then. I almost do one watching him

Impact injury, no matter what guns he has it was not going to reduce the impact in this instance, I wouldn't have thought

Don't want him too bulky, don't want to diminish his speed or leap

Do whatever needs doing to reduce the chance of soft tissue leg injuries. At his speed, no wonder he twigs a hammy now and then. I almost do one watching him

Who is looking after our conditioning these day ( since Misson went to Melbourne ). I hope they arent downloading the app from the same site Essendon use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Rhys Stanley - Possible Punctured Lung

Remove this Banner Ad

Back