Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Common sense prevails.

The AFL has confirmed Adelaide will wear its traditional home guernsey in the 2017 Toyota AFL Grand Final as the higher-ranked team at the end of the home and away season.

Richmond will don its yellow clash guernsey with black sash.

AFL General Manager Football Operations, Andrew Dillon, said the AFL executive had determined that, as the Adelaide Crows had entered the Grand Final as the highest-ranked side, they would wear the Club’s home Guernsey.

“The AFL legislates that the home team has the right during the home and away season, and it was the view here that with a clash, the AFL had previously made this decision fro the higher-ranked team to have its choice,” he said.

The Crows claimed the McClelland Trophy for finishing atop the 2017 AFL Ladder, while the Tigers ended the season in third position.

Clearly the MCG is Richmond's home ground and not Adelaide's, and as I understand the rules, the home team gets to wear its home jumper. This is outrageous behaviour by the corrupt AFL but sadly not at all surprising.
Interesting, didn't know that, but it isn't a home game? It's just where the GF is played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You cannot mandate a clash earlier in the season and then change just for a granny.

It was the right and only decision.

I would support them getting rid of a Rich Adel clash in future years but you can't change mid season
Giants wore white clash guernsey against the Tiges when they played at the G earlier in the season, just wore home guernsey with white shorts. Tigers should be the same.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond confirmed to wear clash strip for Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back