Certified Legendary Thread Richmond GIFs

Remove this Banner Ad

And a nice collection of miscellaneous quality plays.

Question for those who view my GIFs; would you prefer I leave these sorts of compilations as a joined compilation or should I separate them out into a bunch of small GIF's every week?

• Miller grabs loose footy at tip of goalsquare and gets it through Rachele & Soligo to Prestia to DRioli price kick to Seth lead and mark back to DRioli for D50 exit.
  • KMac gets across to kick just barely slapping it past Murphy and missing his head with his arm and then follows up to get a nice hard-ball-get back to Miller.
  • HRS gets back running defensively off his man to get a hand on an I50 kick towards Burgess' lead.
  • Baker tries to smother Keane's kick but he gets it off, but HRS makes up great ground to spoil Sholl and then tackle LNankervis and he drops it; should've been HTB
  • HRS does very well to get across off his man to spoil running with the flight of the ball
  • Baker gets back and covers a lot of ground and gets very high in a leap to get in front of the much bigger Keays on a lead to spoil
  • Broad comes off his man to get the perfectly timed spoil on Rachele.
  • Brown with a beautiful I50 kick to the back of the pack and Bolton marks it (unfortunately, he misses)
  • Balta gets back with the flight of the ball and manages to attempt a mark at roughly the same point as Fogarty which adequately spoils
  • HRS gets across to intercept punch LNankervis' kick towards Murphy, all while turning at just the right time to run off his man to make this sort of impact.
  • Ball goes through Murphy's hands to DRioli behind him who deftly grabs it with one hand and strolls out of D50 bouncing the ball
  • Brown jumps and intercepts Dawson's handball forward and then beats McHenry's tackled attempt and gives to JGTI.

Question for those who view my GIFs; would you prefer I leave these sorts of compilations as a joined compilation or should I separate them out into a bunch of small GIF's every week?

And finally the weekly defender love-in with the intercept marks

• Balta intercept mark
  • Koschitzke intercept mark, excellent work to accelerate and get in front of Dowling which prevented an I50.
  • KMac intercept mark
  • Balta intercept mark #2
  • Vlastuin intercept mark, but the "out of area" umpire called it a push in the back... absolutely horrendous call, so I'm counting it as a valid intercept mark
  • KMac intercept mark #2
  • Brown intercept mark
  • Broad intercept mark (KMac does a great job of chasing down and pressuring Keays' kick and Broad did a good job to come off his man to mark it in front of Burgess)
  • Short intercept mark
  • Baker intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark (a quality contested one)
  • Mansell intercept mark
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #2
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #3
  • Dow intercept mark (a high quality contested one)
  • Nankervis intercept mark
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #4 (probably stretched the hammies nicely)
  • Miller intercept mark #2
  • DRioli intercept mark, getting nicely in the hole in front of goals to prevent a score at a crucial time, running hard ahead of his man McHenry.
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #5

GIF's from the Round 14 game versus Hawthorn are from here ->

Scrimshaw dodges past Lynch and HRS intercepts his kick and gives to Dusty who kicks the first goal of his 300th game from just outside 50m; great start!

The miscellaneous quality plays come in 3 parts, as there were so many :O

• Dow gets loose footy and turns between 3 Hawks (Newcombe/Jiath/Day), jinks past Meek & clearing kicks (intercept marked, but it was a good play preceding it)
  • Vlastuin does extremely well to run off his man ~20m away and corrall Ginnivan to prevent him getting a snap away on his favoured right and tackle for HTB
  • KMac gathers loose ball at FB, immediately tackled by MacDonald but he manages to get the ball to his foot and Broad runs onto it and hb's over Jiath nicely to Baker
  • Baker brilliantly smothers Hardwick's I50 kick
  • Qaulity tough contested mark by Cumbo as Frost smashes into him a tad late
  • DRioli with a quality extra sprint effort to affect the Mackenzie kick for goal as he streamed toward F50; it goes OOTF.
  • Nank with a pack contested mark
  • Dusty back-heel to JGTI to Dow snap attempt (spoiled in the goalsquare)
  • Miller traps Meek punch to Taranto to Seth to Taranto to Dow exits D50.
  • Balta don't argue's Watson
  • Lynch with a big contested pack mark

• Bolton touches and tracks ball going I50, runs onto loose footy and runs around Scrimshaw and fends Amon and has a snap (but kicks too low and is touched in the goalsquare)
  • Nank down to Short over his shoulder to Baker fakes gives to Flossy to Taranto to HRS exit D50.
  • Nank/Meek spoils pack, Bolton perfectly crumbs behind the pack and gives to Dusty who perfectly hits up the Kozi lead back and across (he missed)
  • DRioli misses the tackle on Mackenzie but Taranto brilliantly follows up to tackle him HTB as he enters F50.
  • Nank with a big contested mark in the pocket.
  • Balta gets across nicely to spoil Breust

• Broad from FB to Vlastuin to Miller to JGTI to Brown to Seth to Baker (but miss)
  • Balta gets back from +10m away from Breust and manages to not infringe and still gets the clean spoil in.
  • Baker with an excellent jumping spoil going back with the flight on the much taller Nash

Again, a question for those who view my GIFs; would you prefer I leave these sorts of compilations as a joined compilation or should I separate them out into a bunch of small GIF's every week?

Last edited:
And finally the weekly defender love-in with the intercept marks:

• Balta intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark #2, a nice contested one.
  • Brown intercept mark
  • Koschitzke intercept mark
  • Balta intercept mark #2
  • Balta intercept mark #3
  • Broad intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark #3
  • DRioli intercept mark
  • Brown intercept mark #2
  • Broad intercept mark #2
  • Miller intercept mark #4
  • Short intercept mark
  • Mansell intercept mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank takes it out of the ruck and bumps off Cripps to Hopper to Kemp spoil over Kozi to OHollands bumped by Seth drop to McGovern toe to McGovern/Seth toe to JGTI fumble to McGovern backheel to Seth kick I50 to Balta who plays on quickly and goals

Nank/Pittonet to Hewett, Nank affects his handball to Banks tap & re-gather to Broad to Blight to Brown to Bolton to DRioli to Bolton to DRioli to Banks to Seth to Baker to Kozi to Mansell mark and goal

And some quality plays (not so many in this game; for obvious reasons)

• KMac with a strong contested mark
  • Brown with a speccie over Owies
  • Blight does a great job to keep with McKay and spoil across his front when the ball was well kicked to McKay's advantage.
  • KMac comes from way back to spoil EHollands

And the usual defender love-in with the intercept marks

• Vlastuin intercept mark
  • Vlastuin intercept mark #2
  • Koschitzke intercept mark
  • Blight intercept mark, a contested one for his first ever intercept mark
  • DRioli intercept mark
  • KMac intercept mark
  • Nankervis intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark
  • Miller intercept mark #2
  • Bolton intercept mark (he absolutely hooks/shanks the kick and barely even scores a point haha)
  • HRS intercept mark
  • Broad intercept mark
  • Broad intercept mark #2 (excellently overtakes Kennedy to beat him to the fall of a low-fast-kicked ball).
  • Broad intercept mark #3

Finally got around to doing the GIF's for the Round 17 match versus Fremantle:

Nice work by Kozschitzke to get across and spoil Ryan, Baker takes the crumb to Nank to Taranto to Balta to Bolton runs into an open goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Richmond GIFs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back