RIP Broderick Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Broderick Smith a wonderful musician. He cursed the electric guitar as he believed that if it wasn't for the electric guitar he wouldn't have got into music and he could have got a regular job like bricklaying and made some money (he made nothing from the Dingoes). But if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have wonderful stuff like this.

Nice fella. I worked his 40th birthday back in the late-80's, just as the barman. He spent a fair bit of time over having a yarn with me, probably just escaping all of the fanfare of the night to be honest, rather than due to any sparkling repartee on my part. His wife was lovely too - tall, elegant, intelligent ex-model who had organised the whole show for Brod. Of course, pop/rock stars being the big kids that they are, as soon as the birthday cake appeared, it resulted in a massive food fight, and all present ended up with some coverage of cream and cake on them. Glad I didn't have to do the clean up.

The highlight of the night, apart from Brod getting up to do a decent set, was the appearances of Brian Cadd, Max Merrett, Rene Geyer and a few other legends who all joined in on stage and belted out some favourites together.

Very memorable night for a very memorable bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP Broderick Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back