Rising Star 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not going to include Essedon's players (Gumbleton if he can stay on the park would be my pick). But my 2nd choice would be Rich, but it depends which side these players get drafted. West Coast will likely still struggle, going to be difficult for Rich. A player like Tom Swift could bolt in and win the thing (it is a reason why I personally would draft him at pick5)

I am not going to include Essedon's players (Gumbleton if he can stay on the park would be my pick). But my 2nd choice would be Rich, but it depends which side these players get drafted. West Coast will likely still struggle, going to be difficult for Rich. A player like Tom Swift could bolt in and win the thing (it is a reason why I personally would draft him at pick5)

See: Palmer

Without Seaby, West Coast are likely to go for Nic Nat... With a reasonable injury run this coming year, West Coast will probably elevate themselves out of the bottom four, if they do so, Masten will give it a good go.

Don't think Nic Nat or Rich could achieve it with players from this year who are still eligible as there are many just like Masten with an extra pre-season behind them.

Is Mitch Brown eligible?

People saying NickNat, hasn't he said that he isn't interested in playing AFL footy next year? Or am I going insane....or both.

At the start of this season I predicted that the talls from the top of the 2006 draft would take it, with Hansen leading over Gumbleton, Luenburger and hopefully Thorp. Now none of those mugs managed to get on the park all year, so I'm giving up and going for the most man-sized midfielder playing in the worst team, which will be Rich.

How can you accurately have even a decent guess before the players have even been drafted?

well for serious footy enthusiasts, people that watch not only afl, but sanfl, wafl, vfl, tac cup etc, they would of seen a lot of these kids over the passed few years (ie, rizzo and many more on this site)

anyway, id say steele sidebottom or callan ward, and RANGA as smoky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich would be next year's Palmer, Veszpremi - Rioli and Myers - Cotchin. Not exactly similar, but similar enough and will play similar amount of games to their predecessors I reckon. Chuck in Masten aswell and Grimes if he gets on the park.

I really hope it doesn't go to another midfielder.....these selectors just look at the stats, they don't watch the game and see what the player actually does with the ball or their work when they don't have it.

it's about time a young KPP gets reconised they never get the chance to win it because the usually develop later.

It's why Mckinley was stiff 42 goals in a debut season is damn good! and more valuble then a couple of high 20 poessions games in which half the players disposals are ineffective!

\You will put a list of 5 players who you think have the highest chance of winning.

Ok, sounds simple.

Ill start off.

Taylor Walker
Jack Ziebell
Bradd Dalziell
Daniel Rich
Hamish Hartlett
Steele Sidebottom

That's 6 :rolleyes:

Anyway;

Rich
Masten
Yarran
Sidebottom
Swift

Mostly just random names considering noone knows how the draftees will go next year :rolleyes:

However (bias aside) I do think Masten is a good chance of winning it. Should be over his groin problems next year and had a second pre-season. Provided he stays on the park for the whole year he'll poll very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rising Star 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back