Risk Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I keep hearing commentators and fans bang on about “we need to take more risk and attack the corridor move it quick take the game on”…. What do supporters actually want or expect if their team takes on the game or takes a risk??

I see this as an interesting one because it seems what a lot of fan actually mean is “run it fast and don’t turn it over” which is counter logical for risk taking play.. there is a high chance you are going to turn it over and make mistakes and get scored against highly.

Discuss what you actually want to see in terms of risk and reward footy, and are you also prepared to live and die by the sword and risk a high score against if it doesn’t come off??

Well when my club takes risk they push the opposition back and it makes them easier to defend. When we play it “safe” our defence is cut through like cheese.
What do you define risk taking?? Would you be happy to also risk turning the ball over in the corridor and being hurt the other way?? Do you see it more as only taking a calculated risk or are you all for run and gun footy at all costs??

Remove this Banner Ad

Risk Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back