Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise , I think you just go with Lobb and McCarthy, if Taberner isn't fit and play another small forward like Shultz or a tallish defensive player like Nyhuis or Hughes rather than another ruckman.

Everywhere I see it as fairly even, with North having added a bit more run from around the outside with the players they've brought in. (Compared to previous sides)

I tend to favour North in the midfield as a couple of our star players in Hill and Fyfe have had limited game time prior to Round 1, and the other match winner in Walters had to overcome injury in the early part of pre-season.

At least our backline has been fairly settled with 5 of the 6 having played most of last season together. Our backline has to really stand up and then give attacking rebound. Think Wilson and Ryan have to have big games for us to win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like Banfield to play as the moment he offers a handshake to Hall will be nice. Plus he has shown aptitude playing as an accountable medium forward.

Tagging their rebound to force the ball into Ben McKay's hands, while pressuring the long options will create goals on turnover. Ballas could kick five from those and do nothing else.

Quite like the look of that - mccarthy gets third tall which should allow him to do some damage and stake his place.

Centre line of Langdon - Fyfe - Hill also very nice.

Looking forward to the evolution of the Pearce / Hamling led back six.

Back line needs some gonads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that if a player was named on the field, only people on the bench and emergencies could get cut from the final 22?

I thought that if a player was named on the field, only people on the bench and emergencies could get cut from the final 22?

Not as far as I know, I think you can make as many changes as you want until 90 minutes before the game for free, as long as the players coming in were originally on the emergency list. It's when you bring players in from outside the emergencies that you're in trouble

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back