Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the 9 best 25 players that are missing which we have found cover for. Depth a lot better than last year.

Sandilands --> Darcy
Hogan --> McCarthy
Cox --> Taberner
Switowski --> Ballantyne
Matera --> Schultz
Bennell --> Banfield
Blakely --> Tucker
S Hill --> Colyer
Logue --> Hughes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel club giving Tabs every minute to scramble Norf plans and get himself up but think its an 11th hour swap out coming.

> Duman
< Tabs
Don't think so. Wouldn't risk it.

Ballas is ahead of Bewley purely on AFL experience you would think. Ross likes to play his favourites in Round 1, keeps it safe

To me, it sounded like Bewley was training the house down but in the intraclub and JLT games, just didn't carry that through and take his spot, but I thought he deserved a go ahead of Ballas and even Colyer after their poor showings in the JLT.

My theory is that he really impressed early, say Dec/Jan, but by Feb they were starting to see whatever weaknesses they're focusing on which mean he's not B22. He was given a relatively small go at it in the JLT - he actually racked up possessions at a high rate on limited game time. So I'm wondering whether they have doubts about disposal/turnover.

Shultz in is a great sign. We've picked an attacking team - plenty of forwards. Don't mind Ballas in if we are still going to back in a youngster who has shown form in the intraclub and at Peel. Also should take the pressure off Walters to be amazing in two positions. Maybe a bit harsh on Giro but he'll get opportunities later in the season.

Think it may mean we see Cerra at half back though with Duman not in. Although Brayshaw and Tucker would be ok at half back as well. If Hall lines up at half forward to start the game I'd throw Banfield back for a bit of early niggle before handing over to one of the other guys to continue it.

Here are the 9 best 25 players that are missing which we have found cover for. Depth a lot better than last year.

Sandilands --> Darcy
Hogan --> McCarthy
Cox --> Taberner
Switowski --> Ballantyne
Matera --> Schultz
Bennell --> Banfield
Blakely --> Tucker
S Hill --> Colyer
Logue --> Hughes
Can't say I'd bring Matera back in unless two of Schultz, Switkowski and Ballantyne are injured tbh.

Happiest I’ve been with a rd1 team for a few years. A couple that are included have been backed in off below average JLT form but it’s hard to argue those left out deserved a spot either.

No obvious Freo critical umpires either so it’s looking really good.

Can’t wait but will have to temper my anger at us playing a midfielder at hb. Really don’t get why we persist with that, hopefully it’s just while we’re rebuilding.

My theory is that he really impressed early, say Dec/Jan, but by Feb they were starting to see whatever weaknesses they're focusing on which mean he's not B22. He was given a relatively small go at it in the JLT - he actually racked up possessions at a high rate on limited game time. So I'm wondering whether they have doubts about disposal/turnover.
If he was on limited time in the JLTs then maybe the concern is his tank. Good in bursts only at this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back