Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Tamerlane would be an asset with his 'take no prisoners' approach.
However the pyramid of severed heads left on the ground after each game may be awkward.

True, the head is sacrosanct after all.

Unless you're Shaun Higgins

Nah his kicking issues are overstated. Takes difficult options so it looks bad when he misses.

Pretty dodgy how the Mongols got him through their academy IMO, him claiming to be a Genghis father/son when it simply wasn't true.

Where has Schultz been during the pre-season?

How can he just come in and get a game after seemingly being overlooked for both JLT games.

Was he injured?
I was surprised he didn't get a look in, especially as it is clear the club sees the deficiencies we have in the position he plays, plus that he is a mature ager. I think the answer is that there was always a plan to begin the year with the older heads Walters, Ballantyne, Tamerlane, Matera and Colyer while new recruits show that they have their younger heads around the game plan via the wafl.

The problem with that is that Ballantyne and Matera don't really deserve many credits beyond "all things being equal" in terms of selection, they get the nod as a default option.

I think it is one of the major off-season opportunities lost, and would much preferred the options in the forward line to have been well and truly open for players to make a case for inclusion.

What's he deal with Lobb fellows? Will he play full forward exclusively or rotate through the ruck , supercoach-wise.? I seriously rate him, he's one of the best marks in the league and is excellent at ground level for a big man.

What's he deal with Lobb fellows? Will he play full forward exclusively or rotate through the ruck , supercoach-wise.? I seriously rate him, he's one of the best marks in the league and is excellent at ground level for a big man.
He wants to play forward and we seriously need him to with the unavailability we have at the moment with forwards.

He will get ruck time though unless we name 2 pure rucks. I actually think this will happen this week unless Taberner gets up (which is still a chance). Shouldn't happen once any of Tabs/Cox/Hogan are available.

I would say on average, 75/25 forward/ruck.

If Darcy gets injured while Sandy is still out, he could play a few games 50%+ in the ruck.

He wants to play forward and we seriously need him to with the unavailability we have at the moment with forwards.

He will get ruck time though unless we name 2 pure rucks. I actually think this will happen this week unless Taberner gets up (which is still a chance). Shouldn't happen once any of Tabs/Cox/Hogan are available.

I would say on average, 75/25 forward/ruck.

If Darcy gets injured while Sandy is still out, he could play a few games 50%+ in the ruck.
Cheers

What Jao said. But yep, would start in position as FF to keep a nervous defender or two glued there and give more space to the other forwards. I don't think he'll be played high in general play - like Sydney almost always leaving Buddy between centre square and half forward ready for a turnover, he'll be within 4-6 seconds of running in to take hit outs etc.

And of course the good old Hamling non-free where he almost had his body pulled apart trying to get to the ball and they called play on, allowing another NM player to run i50, collect the ball and kick the goal, that shifted the momentum completely and started that 4 goal haul at the end.

i get angry just thinking back to that !!!! Good post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd love Bewley and Shultz in. We're not looking particularly crash hot so I'm not sure why we'd waste games on Colyer/Ballas when we have younger (arguably already better) talent on the sidelines. Might gee the team up a bit as well to have a couple of debuts.

Not convinced on Bewely his kicking accuracy has been low.

Monday am: Freo $1.76 v North $2.07
Tuesday am: Freo $1.80 v North $2.00
Wednesday am: Freo $1.90 v North $1.90
Thursday am: Freo $2.02 v North $1.80.

View attachment 638583

Thats only 1 side of the story - the punters view - lets the whole story be released.

Matchday 7 am: Freo $12.02 v North $1.80.

Matchday 1/4 Time: Freo $2.00 vs North $1.95
Matchday 1/2 Time:Freo $2.00 vs North $1.99
Matchday 3/4 Time:Freo $1.95 vs North $2.10
Matchday Last Quarter: Freo $15.00 vs North $No Chance

R1.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Rnd 1 - Fremantle vs North Melbourne 24th March 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back