Preview Rnd 12 Geelong V Richmond, Sat 1st June 2024, 7:30pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 2004316

Surely he is! Did the Cats leek something to the media?
They've been reading BigFooty!

But seriously with Clark and Blicavs both suspended and our midfield already weakened + off the back of another big game in the VFL he'd be beyond stiff to not get a debut this week. Hope he goes well.

If Seventeenthmond beat us, then Yze will be pumping this song this weekend. Windows down all the way down the Highway back to Punt Road.

If Mannagh plays my view is we need to drop one of Stengle, Miers or Close. Which one goes? I think if Mannagh was at Carlton he would play every week and be kicking 1-3 goals a week but I do not think he is better that any of the 3 I have listed.

I think you can play all 4 of them. I would hazard a guess mannagh comes in and dempsey is rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about humphries? Any mention of a debut?

No idea

But we've got a couple of really good posters on here who are generally on the money, and heard nothing from them in regards to a debutant this week - in previous times, hints have been dropped

Not saying the info on FB is wrong, but it could be also be someone knowing we'll have at least 2 out this week suspended, both from our midfield, and with Hardie having 37 disposals on the weekend, he could find himself in with a chance

Champion Data analysis of our 4 week rut.
Still ranking highly for the turnover game (premiership predictive metric). Not the reason we've been losing.

With our below par midfield we've had to go above the AFL average for pressure (190), which we were at 7-0. High pressure scrapping to cause dirty clearances got us our start. Last 4 weeks this pressure has dropped below (170) the afl average (180). With the GC game as an outlier.

Hoyne then highlights Hardie's influence at VFL level and contends he could be the change we make to the midfield that sees an upturn, and uses the change of Atkins and Blicavs into midfield that saw the change from 5-4 to premiers in 2022. Says we'd be stupid to go back to what hasn't worked... aka Parfitt or O'Connor. His words not mine.

If we lose this we may as well pack up and come back next year

However As the saying goes it's never as bad as it seems...

If we lose this we may as well pack up and come back next year

However As the saying goes it's never as bad as it seems...
Need to win this Saturday we've got some highly losable games after it.

Sydney SCG
Carlton MCG
Essendon MCG
Hawthorn GMHBA
Collingwood MCG
Bulldogs GMHBA

The way we are playing we would drop most of those games, even the Hawthorn one.

Sydney SCG
Carlton MCG
Essendon MCG
Hawthorn GMHBA
Collingwood MCG
Bulldogs GMHBA

The way we are playing we would drop most of those games, even the Hawthorn one.
Agree, but don't like it.

Sydney SCG
Carlton MCG
Essendon MCG
Hawthorn GMHBA
Collingwood MCG
Bulldogs GMHBA

Would predict 3-3.
Dogs and Hawks at home and Essendon are almost lay down misere's.

Normally if there's a debutant, clubs announce it earlier in the week.

So we'd need to be hearing something soon if we want to see Hardie or Willis or Humphries or whoever picked.
Depends his much pressure they want to put on the kids and if it's waiting on an injury report though. Zero notice debuts aren't unheard of.

The only doubt and it is a big doubt - at KP - in the 1st half both Port and GWS wiped the floor with us , Port were what about 50pts in front and if GWS had kicked straight they would have easily been 50 pts in front of us

Midfield just gets totally destroyed and the ball is continually in the oppositions forward line - that 2nd qtr against GWS is as bleak as it gets , Cats kicked 1 single goal courtesy of a 50 metre penalty and GWS could have kicked 8-10 goals it was total domination

What Geel need - is a bit of a liven up - a sharpen up - get a few athletic coaches and get some sprint work into them , i mean Cameron it was an effort for him to even move - there was no zest in him whatsoever
We need Darren Burgess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back