Game Day Rnd 16 Carlton v Brisbane Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You would have at least seen some success. I was 5 when we won the flag in 1995. The 2000s were gruelling in high school. A couple of decent years then bang... Latter half of my 20s as a bottom side
Not helping though. Makes the longing for success hurt more. There was a pride in wearing the colours, not armed with justification narratives like rebuild and green shoots.

Youve been watching a different McKay.

He's been lazy when he's played. He isnt crashing packs and isnt leading. He's always caught behind.

That's why he isnt being played.
Can you honestly say we would have been worse off with him in the side today? Playing in the seconds will do no good. Half our side is getting rewarded with piss all effort and McKay gets held to a BS standard when we are literally at rock bottom? Charlie has been destroyed without another tall target. McKay is the future so you just bloody play him in a year where we can't buy a win. NOT playing him will surely just drive him to ask for more opportunities.

I don’t mind the young kids learning and making mistakes, Bolton is also a “young” coach and will make mistakes. It’s the lack of effort and doing the same things over and over again that shits me.

Mckay not getting games in a 1-22 season is pathetic. Even if his attitude isn’t right at least let go prove himself at worst we can trade him when his value is high. **** the people in charge of this club.
Yep, part of a coaches job is to get your best players on the park, we can blame McKay but it is also Bolton’s job to get him on the park doing to right stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would have at least seen some success. I was 5 when we won the flag in 1995. The 2000s were gruelling in high school. A couple of decent years then bang... Latter half of my 20s as a bottom side

Hang in there F it’s toguh being a Blue

The fitness gap is tiny, but the gap in mental urgency versus panicking themselves into a stupor is enormous.

We've got at most 8 players out there who don't panic or stall possession under basic AFL pressure. Zero confidence.

Either we've got a list full of intellectually challenged footballers, or something is going horribly in our week to week preparations (note: not necessarily a coaching issue).

You can sit anyone up forward and take a defender though. They're not going to leave someone sit there on their own regardless of who they are.
Are you and I watching the same game? As the commentators said, you’ve got a team who have kicked to 1 forward 17 times and all other forwards twice. There is no foil, it’s predictable. You need another tall to create a target and split the key defenders.

At the moment Curnow is getting smashed by multiple defenders. The team needs someone to take some focus.

It’s not rocket science. Something needs to change at the selection table.

Everyone look at the stats. Look at the bottom 2 carlton players. And then look at philips who was injured what first qtr... it is now to 4th qtr. These two should not be picked again...

As much as ive supported the rebuild, major questions need to be asked as to why we're not even competitve in the majority of our games.

Id prefer Bolts to come out and tell it as it is rather than the spin we keep hearing
Could you do me a favor, and go through exactly what he's said that can be described as spin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back