• Seth Campbell

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 20 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

lol why is there a crowd board
Everytime we get a big crowd,oppos race on in their droves to denounce it.
Amazing the envy we attract even when we are struggling ATM.

Cumbo won’t make it , end of story stop the farce , it’s a shame the boys didn’t stand up for the great man ,but Yze was totally outclassed by his opposite, Dorks moved us around like Man City, I see a lot of soccer tactics in todays AfL , our kicking is very often well below standard, but how good was that First Goal , the roar reminded me of 2017 against the scats
I was so pissed off yesterday, genuinely felt sick.

Our players are undersized and poor in the air. We can't persist with a bunch of <180cm defensive forwards orbiting Lynch/Kosi. It's a legacy of the Dimma era and it simply doesn't work anymore. Need forwards that can compete in the air and at least make intercept defenders accountable. There's no point having small defensive forwards if their opponents just mark the ball and run off them. They barely touch the ball in 2 hours and provide nothing defensively.
The constant rebounds out of our forward line must've been morale crushing for everyone up the ground.

HRS and Kmac basically the only midfielders capable of providing an aerial contest. Everyone else out marked time and time again by their direct opponents. Was embarrassing.

Bring in Blight, Bauer and Trezise. Some of our strongest marks sitting in the 2's makes no sense.
Blight and Miller could be a formidable fb/chb defensive combo. Just let it evolve.

I'd move Broad and Bauer to half forward so they can push up and provide marking options.

Cumbo won’t make it , end of story stop the farce , it’s a shame the boys didn’t stand up for the great man ,but Yze was totally outclassed by his opposite, Dorks moved us around like Man City, I see a lot of soccer tactics in todays AfL , our kicking is very often well below standard, but how good was that First Goal , the roar reminded me of 2017 against the scats
Yeah 100% I thought that as well with soccer tactics .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he got a game to replace MRJ. I doubt he remains on the list

Yeah 100% I thought that as well with soccer tactics .
I sat there with my grandson and was pointing out the next three passes by the dorks, and he said how did you know , soccer 101

#1 priority is to sack Louie and get Burge back or someone similar. Burge has the hawks running on top of the ground - they attack and move the ball like us in the halcyon days, and we are the slowest afl side in history. So hard to watch.
Can’t tackle, can’t break tackles and Sonsie, Dow, etc are getting smaller & slower. Get the clown out asap and start preseason this week as this year is cooked

Their ball movement is amazing. Just got home from the game.
They are also very well coached. Everyone knows their role and they stick to it.
I think finals is beyond them this year, but they’ll plays finals next year.
For us I liked Ralphsmith and Campbell. Campbell in particular has some real tools that others just don’t have. Another 40 games into him and he will be very good.
I'd disagree, have been saying Hawks will make finals for a month. They're a MacDonald kick v Pies and a not blowing a 40-point lead against Port away from 3rd. They're looking v v good on some key stats and have beaten some quality sides. They'll be playing finals

#1 priority is to sack Louie and get Burge back or someone similar. Burge has the hawks running on top of the ground - they attack and move the ball like us in the halcyon days, and we are the slowest afl side in history. So hard to watch.
Can’t tackle, can’t break tackles and Sonsie, Dow, etc are getting smaller & slower. Get the clown out asap and start preseason this week as this year is cooked
think everyone at the time was thinking the same thing when meehan was appointed even before the poor fitness levels and record injury rates 'gee that was quick did we even advertise the job externally?' like we went here's a cheap option that can start immediately, lock him in. Just a bizarre look from a supposedly elite well run operation like the Tigers.

Our f50 are so static , who’s flipping idea is this , seriously no one leads , kelti didn’t much , guess what when he did he looked the goods ,,,lynch just stood under everything ,,,,,why aren’t we leading into space in the pockets , where ever
This is the root cause why we **** around with it before going i50 ,,,no movement
I can’t understand , what , kick to a contest and KB down there will mop up everything ,,,,yea ok

Was always going to be a tough year. I’m a supporter of the coach first year, lots of change, lots of injuries.

I’ll be fair, I’ll judge him on next year. But if he can’t attitude correct some of these players in the last handful of games I want to see some decisions off season. That’ll tell me whether this guy is a player or not.
It's going to be a challenge for Yze to change the attitude of the senior players who are happy to cruise along. Most of the senior players have won 3 flags so don't know where their motivational levels are sitting now?

Vlastuin, broad, and Short just go as slow as they possibly can then chip to the right corner pocket, waste another 30 seconds for the oppo to set up perfectly and then go down the line every faaaarken time

We literally play exactly as the opposition wants us too

It’s mind blowing stuff

Let Tom Brown take every or nearly every kick out from here on
Yes, this. Our slow and predictable exit from our defensive 50 must account for at least 25% of our on-field problems (if not more).

Our f50 are so static , who’s flipping idea is this , seriously no one leads , kelti didn’t much , guess what when he did he looked the goods ,,,lynch just stood under everything ,,,,,why aren’t we leading into space in the pockets , where ever
This is the root cause why we **** around with it before going i50 ,,,no movement
I can’t understand , what , kick to a contest and KB down there will mop up everything ,,,,yea ok
Agreed. Players are not presenting to the ball carrier as often as they should. Just makes marking the ball inside 50 even harder than it already is.

If we ran to pockets or space more often, then our midfielders wouldn’t take so long to decide who to kick to. Needs to be rectified.

First game I've been to since the Port home game. Self imposed boycott due to CFL umpiring bias was relaxed to see the great man play his 300th, and 17 minutes in, it was simply glorious to be there. The members seats were full, and it was a finals type atmosphere.

To be at the ground and paying tribute to one of the greatest players of all time was a privilege for us. Even though we lost the game, most of the Tiger faithful remained. Many Hawks supporters didn't even stay for their own victory song. Sorry oppo supporters, we are simply the best supporters of any club for good reason.

It was a boring game that should have been played in front of 35,000 if it was not Dusty's 300th. Hawks looked settled from the outset and the skills by foot were a class above. They would have beaten most sides last night. If I could have one Hawks player, it would be Will Day, and he did what he wanted all night. Our gameplan was atrocious and predictable. An Under 12s coach would have seen it well before half time. Use one side of the ground, moving the ball as slowly as possible and then kick long into Sicily's general area for him to pick off. Hawks win the ball and skillfully have it in the hands of Chol etc etc... We just bomb long, where Chol's goals were uncontested marks that led to goals.

The next two weeks should haver at few players tapped on the shoulders. Cumberland lost all 6 contests and was a liability. Sonsie should have sat in the stands as he "ball watched" for most of the game. Macca should be sub for the rest of the year if he plays seniors, and Mansell needs to lift his game. Dow needs a full timer kicking coach and Bolton needs a kick up the ass. If Baker has decided to leave, don't pick him - cut the deal with WCE now (in principle).. Pick 2 is ours and we need to nail this draft.....

Tom Brown will be a jet. He won a contest in the back pocket, and immediately kicked the ball to Campbell (I think). I watched this contest and noted Brown knew where the Tiger player was (all on his own), before he won the contest and without looking, he kicked it lace out. You can teach this, nor train for it. This is the sign of a future superstar. I also like Campbell's game and we need to persist with him. His pickup during one passage was magic.

I'm not going to bag our backline, even though we struggled to move the ball out of the defensive 50 all night. Hawks would not let us use the corridor, so the ball would return back very quickly putting them under pressure. But I think Miller has found his pot down back and when Grimes returns for his farewell game, Miller is permanent. He has earned his spot.

Taranto was our best, Balta was solid, Nank has had a very good stretch of games, Rioli tried running his ass off, but we have no one to kick to at CHF. This is where our biggest problem lies... No targets in the F50. Lynch was literally well held and blocked - frustrating... But at least he finished without injury - so just needs more match fitness.

Usually I bag the umpires, but the normal anti Tigers bias was not too bad, apart from the "deliberate" from 20M our and the Ginnivan / Watson staging for frees that sucked in the umps 3 or 4 times.

Yze can now sit down and review where we are heading with this list as hard decisions need to be made. Get the games into the kids NOW...

For those worried Dusty is leaving or retiring, I think he has a season or two left. He is not going anywhere based on his speech ....

IN - Hopper, Gray, Banks
Out - Cumberland, Sonsie, Mansell

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Hawthorn (Dusty's 300th) and Changes for Carlton

Back