Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Seth Campbell

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 20 16.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I read you were in a different Timezone mate these days so obviously you can’t go live.
Just for a bit if perspective yes whilst we were terrible I don’t think the television tells the story of just how difficult they were to play against.
Their defensive structure has clicked in now and we looked like stunned mullets, it really stood out big time pretty much from straight after Dusty’s goal, it was so clear we had no hope nor idea of how to combat it.
How many times did they out mark us in a contest? It was like u/12's vs u/16's.

Can’t complain about injuries any more. There were 14 experienced players out there. The ones still injured are not going to make a big difference.

Apart from skill I feel like we haven’t recruited enough speed in last few years. Dow is slow. Not enough other tricks to be any good. Sonsie and Brown slow.

We lack players with speed and dare out of defence whereas Hawks seemed to have in spades. Rioli is only one that can create with his run. The rest are slow and scared to run or move it quickly.

Then there is our forwards, other mids, tackling, intensity, contested marking…

Apart from that we are fine.
Yep we have to now accept the reality that we have a poor list and we have to start moving guys on to rebuild it faster. It’s been obvious for two years now that we can’t cut it anymore.

Come over here for a bit of a read, **** me you guys can’t be serious about the interchange can you? It’s clearly a glitch in the afl system, after what happened to norf last year do you really think the afl would let that slide? Seriously!i

dafuq you on about?

I read you were in a different Timezone mate these days so obviously you can’t go live.
Just for a bit if perspective yes whilst we were terrible I don’t think the television tells the story of just how difficult they were to play against.
Their defensive structure has clicked in now and we looked like stunned mullets, it really stood out big time pretty much from straight after Dusty’s goal, it was so clear we had no hope nor idea of how to combat it.

thanks mate you just dont get that off the ball perspective on TV. Hope all is well in the Dangerverse

Come over here for a bit of a read, **** me you guys can’t be serious about the interchange can you? It’s clearly a glitch in the afl system, after what happened to norf last year do you really think the afl would let that slide? Seriously!i
Do you actually know it is a glitch or are you just talking out of your arse?

List of Obersations

1. Short taking the kick outs has to be the most emotionally sapping experience of the night. A player who has built his reputation based on creative ball use, leather poisoning with a ripper foot, takes the dinky 15 metre sideways pass over to Ben Miller all night. Disgraceful. Know your strengths, he's not at the defence to man up Chol. He's there to get creative and clear the defensive zone. Couldn't do it.

2. Kicking 'down the line', it was hell on earth. Once the Hawks got the ball to ground, their speed, run and carry and creativity absolutely burned us. The way their ball carrier would delay, wait for the tackler/s to approach, then release the free man happened 100 times. They have trained for it, this is a midfield group that are putting 100 games together against a wierd ass LA Lakers line up with Kobe, Steve Nash and a bunch of bums. We're lucky it wasn't a 100 point loss. The scoreboard flattered us.

3. Tyler Sonsie needs to be either delisted or sent to the VFL. This is a player who doesn't know how to attack with the ball. He was repeatedly in the forward half, ball in hand, slowing the game down, waiting for the Hawks to congest the backline. Had no idea, would proceed to hit up another player 30 metres sideways or ahead, he took too long. Decision making is slow, safe and detrimental to the team. Can't score on the rebound if Tyler decides to wait for the Hawks to flood back and man up.

4. Thomson Dow does have some strengths, he can get the ball. He needs coaching on disposal, which isn't being addressed. Either handball it to a better ball user, or kick it to a contest. He would dump kick directly for turnovers, his handball in the middle to a Hawks player was horrific. He needs to be dropped and must work on his possessions. He is killing us.

5. Cumberland's aerial attack on the ball is worse than many of us keyboard warriors. He is not competitive. To the point where he isn't at afl level.

6. Dusty can't play midfield anymore, the youth of other teams are too fast, he needs to be permanent mid forward now. I want the ball in his head to hit a forward 50 target. He shouldn't be a midfield rotation anymore. Not being used to his strengths. Bad coaching from Yze.

7. Miller should not be having 13 marks, he is a key back, he is not a player we flow our rebounding attack through. The amount of times short, vlastuin, Broad kicked to him was incredibly frustrating. Hawks would have been laughing at this.

8. Seth Campbell getting better and better every week, it's a joy to watch him on the wing, he is making the position his own.

9. Rioli is still creative, breaks the lines and damaging.

10. Taranto is not a good ball user, but a great ball winner and great set shot. Needs someone with class to pass too.

11. Kosi was okay. Lynch was cooked, needs a few weeks.

Lastly, the continuity of our team is concerning, these guys looked like a group of men who never play together. It was yuck to watch. Back to the fundamentals, also, if the switch is there, use it, Hawks knew we were kicking down the line.

Out - sonsie, Dow
In - prestia, Hopper
Sub - cumbo (let McAllife start)

Nice observations. I'm not sure you get the swing in disposal efficiency that Dow needs once you make the big leagues. You can either kick, kick under pressure or not. He's terrible at that part of the game, its not going to improve to a level where he won't be found out.

Does he have a great hands and can find the pill? ok ill accept that. Outside of that I'm not seeing it. I know its as tough comparison but Shedda at least early on had great hands and could kick. Basic tools I'd have thought to have a chance of making it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing better to do on a Sunday...??

Could say the same to tiger fans 😂 sooking about interchange issues that’s clearly just a mistake and ripping into an 19 year old kid for ducking. Stay classy tiger fans!
Ducked all game and the idiots in blue fell for it... I'm sure you would have been ripping into Ginni when he was wearing different colours last year.

Yep we have to now accept the reality that we have a poor list and we have to start moving guys on to rebuild it faster. It’s been obvious for two years now that we can’t cut it anymore.
And the engine room is like a clapped out taxi , it’s the root cause why our ball movement is shite and the oppo get silver service to c grade forwards, we need an infusion of talent , talent and more talent

Ducked all game and the idiots in blue fell for it... I'm sure you would have been ripping into Ginni when he was wearing different colours last year.
I 100% ripped into Ginni and still do now!

Did you see any of us hawthorn supporters booing Tom flop lynch after his flop on the wing? A 200cm 100kg bloke goes down easier than a cheap hooker on Saturday night!

Did you see any of us hawthorn supporters booing Tom flop lynch after his flop on the wing? A 200cm 100kg bloke goes down easier than a cheap hooker on Saturday night!

These are my favourite hawks supporters. Get all lippy when they’re remotely up and about but hear nothing from them any other time. Hilarious.

Look at the user name. It’s probably him or one of his nail polishing mates or family members. Haha

Now you can rip into the little dwarf as well.

I did notice you guys boooing #22 for you though....🤪

It’s not just what Cumbo does or doesn’t do. Don’t you get it? It’s his complete lack of any game awareness or footy IQ.. He constantly gets outmarked and his opponent constantly dominates the backline. He almost never provides any sort of aerial contest to bring the ball to ground - he either gets outmarked or remains at ground level and doesn’t even compete - do you not see this? So life as a forward for the Tigers in 2024 is bloody tough, I get that. But Cumbo is just a lost puppy dog out there.

I hope he plays remainder of season, as we need goal kickers and I’m hopeful he can develop his game and become a more rounded player. But I fear his complete lack of anything outside natural footy instinct will cost him his career.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We play two kpf maximum which means Cumberland gets the third tall and most mobile defender Then we kick it to him long and high. Cumberland is only 180 cm, he is not a second or even a third tall forward yet he is being criticised because he is outmarked. Dusty by comparison is 188 cm and above 10kg heavier. If we played a third tall forward and Cumberland was out marked by a small defender then your criticism would be valid.

Just been told by my source at the AFL that you're about to docked 12 premiership points and draft sanctions are being considered...very serious breach...could even cost Mitchell his job...:$

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Hawthorn (Dusty's 300th) and Changes for Carlton

Back