Robinvale Fined???

Remove this Banner Ad

As I don’t subscribe to Mildura News I dont know the details . Could someone fill me in?
Full article from the Leader

Sunraysia Football League runner-up Robinvale-Euston has been slapped with an initial $11,500 fine for breaches of salary cap rules last year.
Following an investigation that started in November last year, Robinvale-Euston was charged with not lodging a player declaration, not gaining signatures of non-declared players, failing to provide full and free access to records and not providing requested information within seven days.
A further charge of providing false and misleading information wasn’t sustained.
Of the $11,5000 fine handed down this week, $5000 has been suspended until mid-way through next year based on future compliance with cap rules.
But the probe into Robinvale-Euston is not over.
An AFL Victoria accredited integrity officer will resume their investigation after information and access to club documents have been made possible.

Isaiah Johnson and Ricardo Liparota playing for Robinvale-Euston in the Sunraysia league last year.

Isaiah Johnson and Ricardo Liparota playing for Robinvale-Euston in the Sunraysia league last year.

Sunraysia league premiers Irymple has also been under investigation and details of its probe are expected to be released next week.
Irymple and Robinvale-Euston were among every team that made a grand final in 2023 being audited as part of a statewide crackdown on player payments by AFL Victoria.
“The process and outcome on this occasion is one example of the system working to assist clubs in being sustainable by addressing the issue of player payment demands whilst seeking to achieve evenly matched competitions with financially viable and sustainable clubs,” an AFL Victoria statement said.
“Football bodies are serious about addressing the burden of player payments and ensuring compliance.

“The integrity of competitions is of paramount importance at all levels of the game and all stakeholders, including leagues, clubs and players, have a responsibility to adhere to the rules put in place.”
Robinvale-Euston built on a fifth-place finish in 2022 to finish minor premiers last year, but lost the grand final to Irymple by 29 points.
Club president Phil Lamattina declined to comment when contacted by the Weekly Times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back