Rookie Promotions???

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like Neagle will be back in a week or two but we do have to remember the nature of the injury he is carrying. Time on the sidelines for stress fractures often fluctuates.

If it was my decision, I'd promote Rama and play him against Melbourne. Rama's form has been up to it for Bendigo and it could be just the tonic we need to prevent from a midseason slump. Get him in, get some emotion into the game.

For those doubters, I question, who is a better option to bring in aside from Stanton?

Dyson has never really had any prolonged impact on matches, Campo plays a similar role to what Rama would should he come into the side so I can't see us losing much there and surely he could provide as much as Heffernan did against Port.

I say, give him a go.

Lets not forget that the AFL doctor also has to assess the injury as being 'long-term'.

I'd hardly think the doctor would assess an injury that's only 1-2 weeks away as being grounds enough to put him on the list.

Lets not forget that the AFL doctor also has to assess the injury as being 'long-term'.

I'd hardly think the doctor would assess an injury that's only 1-2 weeks away as being grounds enough to put him on the list.

It doesn't matter mate, because Neagle is already on the LTI list.

The rules don't state anything about when a rookie can be promoted or how long he has to be promoted for.

He can be promoted for the 8th week and be back on the rookie list the following week for injured player.

The independant doctors are only involved in assessing that the injury is an 8 week injury to start with and to ensure he's not kept off the playing field when he shouldn't be.

Rama can play this week and be back on the rookie list for Neagle the following week. Even if the independant doc was to say Neagle is fit for two weeks time.

It doesn't matter mate, because Neagle is already on the LTI list.

The rules don't state anything about when a rookie can be promoted or how long he has to be promoted for.

He can be promoted for the 8th week and be back on the rookie list the following week for injured player.

The independant doctors are only involved in assessing that the injury is an 8 week injury to start with and to ensure he's not kept off the playing field when he shouldn't be.

Rama can play this week and be back on the rookie list for Neagle the following week. Even if the independant doc was to say Neagle is fit for two weeks time.

I'll check this with my AFL mate tomorrow.

Given Jay signed the paperwork and is officially on the LTI list you can promote someone until Neagle has clearance to play again. Just becasue he is 2 or 3 weeks away from playing doesnt make any difference. He is already on the LTI list so unitl he is taken off it we can promote a rookie.

We all love Rama but sentimentality has no place in today's footy. Rama has had one good and a couple reasonable games for Bendigo. That is a long way off playing AFL. We must win against Melbourne and playing Rama may well change the team focus.

Playing Rama may be the Tonic that the Essendon Football club needs.
We need motivation to win this match, and to do it for Rama would be great - like the jason mcartney game the kangas won. Even if it is only 1 game this year for Rama.
Melbourne will be fired up - cause Neale Danihers head is pretty close to the chopping black and they had a woeful losss last week will want to earn back respect. Friday night football will be big this week, hope Dons can get over the line!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all love Rama but sentimentality has no place in today's footy. Rama has had one good and a couple reasonable games for Bendigo. That is a long way off playing AFL. We must win against Melbourne and playing Rama may well change the team focus.

BUT - Rama may be the tonic we need...our form is not that great after a break and the Demons will have had a new a**hole torn in them this week. I have a feeling that Sheedy will be up to his old tricks and I think Rama would be a great inclusion to give us a shot in the arm of passion that we lacked against Port and will require against a team with their backs to the wall...!!

That would be great, be good to clear this up.

But I'm pretty confident I've got it right. I can't be stuffed looking up the CBA, it's in there.

Jay Neagle is on the LTI.
They haven't put out a replacement yet

My AFL contact confirmed for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie Promotions???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back