rookies?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiger of Old, found this on the official site - how about that, something useful there!

Greg Beck on Richmond Rookies
1. Garth Taylor, a 20-year-old, 169cm on-baller from Fremantle. “Spent a couple of weeks training with us in the pre-season and really impressed with his work rate. He’s still got a long way to go and has to get his fitness base up, but he can kick a goal and he just seemed to get on pretty well with our senior players when he was training with them. They were pretty impressed with him as a person character-wise and they know about his football ability. I really think he’ll help us. He’s a 168cm on-baller, so he’s about the same size as Brent Harvey (Kangaroos) and he’s quick. He had a hernia this year and missed the first nine games of the season at Fremantle. When he came back he played quite a few games for Swan Districts (in the Westar Rules competition), but he couldn’t break into the Fremantle side until the last game of the season. They (the Dockers) were disappointed with the way he performed when he resumed after his hernia problem, but whether it was his fault is hard to say. Clearly, however, he has learnt a pretty valuable lesson about how life in football can be very, very short.”

2. Adrian Burgiel, a 20-year-old, 183cm forward from Vermont. “Really caught the eye of Tiger supporters when he was used as a top-up player in our VFL side last season. A freakish sort of player who’s got that special knack for kicking goals. Can also take a real spectacular mark and is a typically stylish (and accurate) left-foot kick for goal. Is 20 going on 21, but probably hasn’t had much in terms of a football education. Showed considerable all-round improvement in his game last season and, if he can improve as much next year, then I think he will play some league football.”

3. Michael Barker, an 18-year-old, 181 cm midfielder from Dandenong Stingrays. “Hasn’t played much football in terms of the TAC Cup. An in-and-under type of player. Was a Haileybury College boy, so he had his school football commitments and had to fulfil those before he could play with the Dandenong Stingrays. He played in their finals series and went okay. I just like him because he can really run and is super quick. He’s reasonably hard without being a crash-and-bump type player and his skills are okay. Because he hasn’t played much in the TAC Cup, I think there’s a lot of improvement in him.”

4. Craig Ednie, an 18-year-old, 177cm on-baller from Murray Bushrangers. “Impressed with the Murray Bushrangers and had a pretty decorated career with the All-Australian under 16s. Played against Ireland when he was in the under 16s and stood out. Missed getting drafted last year when he was only a 17-year-old and didn’t have a very good Teal Cup carnival. Came back as a top-aged boy this year and played for Murray Bushrangers again. Represented Vic. Country and played okay. He’s a rover in the Peter Bell mould – not overly endowed with pace, but gets plenty of it. He’s a pretty footy smart bloke – your old-fashioned footballer. It wouldn’t surprise me if he stepped up and played some league football. I think he’s a real chance to develop into a decent player at the top level. He’s just got the smarts that other kids haven’t got.”

------------------
This is a hallucination and these faces are in a dream. A computer generated environment; a fantasy island you can do anything and not have to face the consequences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back