Scandal Rosas Jnr. dropped by Gold Coast - but why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the club just don't rate him highly anymore and have Rioli plus some academy players coming in.

Then why sign him for an extra 2 years just a couple of months ago?

The mainstream media has written nothing about it yet though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bit odd. Would have thought he’d attract at least a future 3rd/4th which you may as well bank - so figure something has happened. Unless it’s another instance of the Suns thinking unwanted players have 0 value so you turf them for literally nothing

Then why sign him for an extra 2 years just a couple of months ago?

The mainstream media has written nothing about it yet though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
2 yr extension was signed last yr, so has a year to go.

Considering only here is saying he's been released, and elsewhere says he's free to explore, I'd say it's because Rioli will be coming in and they'll be drafting Leo Lombard who'll likely start as a small forward, so he's been squeezed out.

Bit odd. Would have thought he’d attract at least a future 3rd/4th which you may as well bank - so figure something has happened. Unless it’s another instance of the Suns thinking unwanted players have 0 value so you turf them for literally nothing
The normally throw a first rounder in when they do that

Is there a source other than Bigfooty?
A relative (I wont divulge the family tie in) of mine, up until last year used to do volunteer work for GC which included being fairly close to the coaches and players on both training and match days..

His opinion is that Dimma doesn't think Rosas is hard enough and is therefore not up to it. Dimma has put Lukosius the same bracket as well apparently.

Make of that what you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A relative (I wont divulge the family tie in) of mine, up until last year used to do volunteer work for GC which included being fairly close to the coaches and players on both training and match days..

His opinion is that Dimma doesn't think Rosas is hard enough and is therefore not up to it. Dimma has put Lukosius the same bracket as well apparently.

He’s right. Not winning a flag with players that don’t put maximum effort in.

Pretty easy to believe tbh. Can see it from an external point of view, particularly with Luk.

Something has to give up there. To be this far in without a finals appearance after four highly credentialed coaches have had a go is a disaster.

Can see Hardwick wanting to shake things up.

Last edited:

I reckon Lukosius is definitely off to the Crows, Dimma doesn’t like Tin Man types

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Rosas Jnr. dropped by Gold Coast - but why?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back