Preview Round 1, 2018 - Melbourne v Geelong, Sunday 25 March, 3.20pm - MCG

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melbourne have only one tall defender this week and it’s Oscar McDonald. They’re going to have to play Lever on our second tall, and Lever is a 3rd tall at best.

We needed to play at least two KPFs to exploit this advantage, and Stanley was our really only option. It’s for this reason that I expect Esava to also get picked. Our final bench will be Esava, Kelly, Fogarty, Murdoch.

Just call me Nostradamus from now on, thanks.

Wait we're playing Sav as well as Stanley?

I wish to melt harder than the cheese on a toastie forgotten on the grill and left to an unkind fate.

Damn I love Steel Panther. Even my missus wants to go see them this time.
Footy!

I'm not really into novelty bands but something about them really just annoys me.

Have you heard much Sabaton? That's a power metal band worth listening to.

Wait we're playing Sav as well as Stanley?

I wish to melt harder than the cheese on a toastie forgotten on the grill and left to an unkind fate.

I'm not really into novelty bands but something about them really just annoys me.

Have you heard much Sabaton? That's a power metal band worth listening to.
Oh I'm melting harder than a Freddo Frog in a fat kids pocket on a humid day.
I have not heard Sabaton will check them out.
Everyone likes SP at least subconsciously.
All I have to do is type Asian Hooker and that'll be in your head all weekend.
Lin Jong is an Asian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed: Kelly, Fogarty and Esava to debut

Damn!!

I am surprised they picked sav but in the same frame of mind I am not shocked they picked him.

His form doesn’t warrant a selection, but his enormous talent and upside is validation and something you can place confidence in to roll with.

He is a talent, and obviously the coaching group thinks massively of his potential and ability.

Very happy to see him debut, best of luck and hopefully we see some big sav leads and his athletic prowess on display at the G.

Playing 3 debs. Hard to complain. Makes the game interesting even if we lose.
If we win it'll be a really great win.
Yep

And the return of the little master.

It's rd 1, nothing is certain and anything can happen.

Just enjoy it

And we get to see the hoops properly for the first time this year

Yep

And the return of the little master.

It's rd 1, nothing is certain and anything can happen.

Just enjoy it

And we get to see the hoops properly for the first time this year
Yep and if we do pull off a win with 10 players under 50 games against a team that has had top picks coming outta their arseh*le for many years it'll say a lot about both clubs.

If Sav is playing it must mean Stanley is not. We'd be to top heavy if they both played. We could possibly get away with that on the narrow ground in Geelong but we'd be exposed at ground level on the wide expanses of the MCG if they both played imo.

Wrong. Playing Stanley forces McDonald to him because Lever is too short. That means Lever goes to Hawkins and gives away 10kgs. Then we’ve got Esava and who do they put on him? Great selections by MC in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back