Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Callow hasn't trained as a defender this summer.
All part of a surprise tactic for round one!
Didn'T See That Coming Bbc Two GIF by BBC

Is it that we can only see 2 of Hartigan, Frost and DGB in the same side?

I don't see a lot Rd 1 teams with Josh Ward in them. That needs to change.
Unless Frost is the player who plays on all the dangerous smalls, yes. With Sicily back that would be 4 talls plus Scrimshaw who doesn't play small

Unless Frost is the player who plays on all the dangerous smalls, yes. With Sicily back that would be 4 talls plus Scrimshaw who doesn't play small
Or Frost plays on the gorilla FFs (Hawkins, Dixon, any others?) and that keeps Hartigan out? Probably a more flexible back 6 with Frost and DGB rather than any other combo

So we have 9 defenders (Hartigan, DGB, Sicily, Frost, CJ, Scrimmers, Day, Hardwick and Impey) for 7 spots, if Mitch follows Clarko's approach of having one defender on the bench.

Is Impey training with the defenders? Maybe he could have bursts on the wing or as a small forward?

Or Frost plays on the gorilla FFs (Hawkins, Dixon, any others?) and that keeps Hartigan out? Probably a more flexible back 6 with Frost and DGB rather than any other combo
Might give us the most attacking options, but I feel it would leave us very exposed defensively. Without Frost free to play on the quicker types, they would likely get off the chain against us easily. Hardwick isnā€™t quite quick enough for Papley, Cameron etc.

Plus Frost is susceptible 1-on-1 against the stronger types. Means weā€™d have to protect him more leaving other options more free than theyā€™d otherwise be.

Might give us the most attacking options, but I feel it would leave us very exposed defensively. Without Frost free to play on the quicker types, they would likely get off the chain against us easily. Hardwick isnā€™t quite quick enough for Papley, Cameron etc.

Plus Frost is susceptible 1-on-1 against the stronger types. Means weā€™d have to protect him more leaving other options more free than theyā€™d otherwise be.
Unless ...you play two ruckmen and have McEvoy playing as an emergency key back if a gorilla breaks loose

Unless ...you play two ruckmen and have McEvoy playing as an emergency key back if a gorilla breaks loose
I donā€™t feel McEvoy going back even as an emergency option is a good idea. Against a forward running hot it would be asking for even more trouble

Hardwick is good enough for Papley and Cameron, and you could tell Frost that he has to quell the attacking stuff and focus on defence, leave the zip and run to others.

FB - Hardwick, Frost, Scrimshaw
HB - Jiath, DGB, Sicily
7th defender/wing - Day

i think that backline manages against most forward lines.

Feel uncomfortable leaving out Bramble (who'd i'd put on a wing though) and Impey, but 9 doesn't go into 7

My team - and itā€™s tough when everyone is fit;

Hardwick, Hartigan, Bramble
CJ, Sicily, Schrimshaw
Day, JOM, Impey
Gunston, Lewis, wingard
Moore, Kozzie, Breust
Reeves, Mitchell, Worple
BB, Ward, Frost, Brockman

Emg from - Shiels, Nash, Duke, Phillips, Howe, Morrison

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJ, Sicily, Schrimshaw
Day, JOM, Impey
Gunston, Lewis, wingard
Moore, Kozzie, Breust
Reeves, Mitchell, Worple

Emg from - Shields, Nash, Duke, Phillips, Howe, Morrison

We don't have a Shields!! ;)

So we have 9 defenders (Hartigan, DGB, Sicily, Frost, CJ, Scrimmers, Day, Hardwick and Impey) for 7 spots, if Mitch follows Clarko's approach of having one defender on the bench.

Is Impey training with the defenders? Maybe he could have bursts on the wing or as a small forward?

Personally prefer to see Frost in over Hartigan. Frost can have a crack at the big KPF's.

Hardwick - Frost - Impey
Scrimshaw - DGB - Sicily

CJ and Day rotating through when fit.

Based heavily (but not entirely) on reports from today's intra...

FB: Frost Hartigan Hardwick
HB: Impey Sicily Scrimshaw

C: Ward O'Meara Morrison
R: Reeves Mitchell Worpel

HF: Gunston Lewis Wingard
FF: Breust McEvoy Moore

Int: Newcombe DGB Brockman Bramble
Sub: MacDonald

This is under the assumption that CJ and Day may not be ready by round 1 - but should they be they are walk up starts. Who they replace is someone else's problem thankfully.

And yes, I've dropped Kosi for balance. Gunston and Lewis in particular sound like they are in ripping form while Kosi has been relatively quiet. BHH will have a formidable forward line considering who's not making this team.

CJ, Sicily, Schrimshaw
Day, JOM, Impey
Gunston, Lewis, wingard
Moore, Kozzie, Breust
Reeves, Mitchell, Worple

Emg from - Shiels, Nash, Duke, Phillips, Howe, Morrison

Excellent team - only change I'd have is Duke for Ward and that's only for round 1

I'm currently putting together best 22's for each club for a podcast I am part of.

Ours is very difficult. I've centred it around pre-season hype/form and who looks most likely for round 1 using the very generous training reports from our posting superstars on this board.

As an example, I don't currently see (although I would love to) DGB playing before Hartigan and Frost to begin the season but won't be surprised if that changes as the year progresses.

Day is touch and go of course, but is included due to being a walk-up start if fit.

I can only find room for one of Phillips, Howe or Morrison in the 23.

B. Hardwick Hartigan Frost
HB. Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Day Mitchell Bramble
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

Foll: Reeves Newcombe O'Meara
IC: Kosi Impey Ward Worpel
Sub: Howe

Chuck the Duke straight in the guts and watch Titch and JOM flourish.

I'm currently putting together best 22's for each club for a podcast I am part of.

Ours is very difficult. I've centred it around pre-season hype/form and who looks most likely for round 1 using the very generous training reports from our posting superstars on this board.

As an example, I don't currently see (although I would love to) DGB playing before Hartigan and Frost to begin the season but won't be surprised if that changes as the year progresses.

Day is touch and go of course, but is included due to being a walk-up start if fit.

I can only find room for one of Phillips, Howe or Morrison in the 23.

B. Hardwick Hartigan Frost
HB. Jiath Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Day Mitchell Bramble
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

Foll: Reeves Newcombe O'Meara
IC: Kosi Impey Ward Worpel
Sub: Howe

Chuck the Duke straight in the guts and watch Titch and JOM flourish.
I would see frost playing on most key forwards other then the gorillas and DGB being a starter - I donā€™t see a con in playing a smaller/faster back 6, think it offers more for run flexibility

That's what i am saying, they'll all play imo and locked in. Just Impey fwd, Bramble wing, CJ wing and when Day builds his tank him too. Scrim maybe?
There are not enough spots when i look at 22 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back