HB. Day Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Jiath Mitchell Howe
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

Foll: Reeves Worpel O'Meara
IC: DGB, Ward, McDonald, Newcombe
Sub: Morrison (Extremely stiff) but I want McDonald to play
Bramble also very stiff. Howe gets in before him on current track form

It's Howe or Morrison tbh, i don't see both playing and Morrison has been great this off season by word (He usually is.)
my best 22 which i have just updated has morrison and bramble missing extremely stiff

Revised 22. I am sure I will have another revision before round 1

B. Hardwick Frost Impey
HB. Day Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Jiath Mitchell Howe
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

stiff on Kosi....
I can't see Shiels being left out, especially Round 1

But i do like the young guys in there

B. Hardwick Frost Impey
HB. Day Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Jiath Mitchell Howe
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

Would have it similar

B. Hardwick Frost DGB
HB. Scrimshaw Sicily Day Bramble
C. Howe Mitchell Jiath Morrison
HF. Moore Gunston Wingard
F. Breust Lewis McEvoy

Foll: Reeves Worpel Newcombe
IC: Impey, Ward, O'Meara, Nash MacDonald
Sub: Shiels

Those in italics are if those before them aren't ready

B. Hardwick Frost Impey
HB. Day Sicily Scrimshaw
C. Jiath Mitchell Howe
HF. Moore Lewis Gunston
F. Breust McEvoy Wingard

If you really wanted to be hated, you could put Morrison on the wing and leave out Cj 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe over Bramble should NEVER happen.

Bramble's run and coverage is crucial.
They don’t play the same position. It’s like saying hartigan over day should never happen. Yes I get bramble can probably play wing but he isn’t spending much of any time at training doing it. Why would we sabotage ourselves playing our first choice wingman out of position?

I don't know why Howe is suddenly considered a wingman, and I certainly don't understand what qualities make Howe a better wing than Bramble...who from what I see is the archetypal wingman.

I agree they don't play the same position...

I don't know why Howe is suddenly considered a wingman, and I certainly don't understand what qualities make Howe a better wing than Bramble...who from what I see is the archetypal wingman.

Maybe Wing is a little different in the game now - but I agree - I personally love the run and endurance of your Smiths, Hills etc

Of the two players, Only Howe played wing last year. Bramble played defence. After last season I assumed bramble would go to the wing this year but 100% of the evidence suggests he is going to play back and Howe is going to play wing. Why would bramble be training as a defender if he was going to play wing?

Sam got Bramble onto the list. If I was a betting man, he’ll have him in there Round 1.
Yeah i left bramble out because of the players already playing his position. I could easily leave McDonald out for Bramble but really liked what i saw on the outside from him. Has genuine acceleration and can be that release player point of difference in the middle. Howe's pre season form and the position he plays makes him round 1 bound. Lets see what happens from here on. If Day and CJ dont get up then Bramble is a must

I enjoy the work of all 3 players despite their whipping boy statuses, but i'll be shocked if Howe, Morrison and Phillips play a lot of footy together this season if we have a clean run with injuries. I can't see more than 2 being named in the same side.

Perhaps i'll be shocked in a positive sense if all 3 have career defining seasons.

I feel like Phillips is our Chris Mayne when he came to the Pies, soon turned into a highly paid VFL player. Good depth, experience though. Morrison and Howe have been raised positively in training reports etc far more and a very good chance for round 1 given the interrupted pre season of Day and CJ. That said I would love to see Bramble on the wing, is ability to hit a target at speed is a point of difference we need.

I have barely heard mention of Frost in training reports, I thought he had a great season last year but obviously Sicily back puts the pressure on him big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back